Watching 2013 GF in readiness for rematch*

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be interested to know how many who haven't watched the GF have rewatched the Sydney prelim. Personally, I've not been able to rewatch the semi-final against Adelaide in 2012, but rewatching the GF, painful as it was, was just too important in the history of the club to not see what we did right and what we did wrong.

I've watched the first half of the prelim purely because I remembered that it frightened me how farking good we were. If we can get back to a fractino of that form...

Have not been able to look at highlights even of the GF. Hurts too much. My wallet still hurts from going.

I think I actually cried.

Had to 'watch' last week's game on my phone in the ruins of Ephesus on roaming 3G... people were watching me squinting over my phone in 38 degree heat climbing hills for decent reception to get updates then wondering why I was swearing and cursing after that last minute.

At least I'm back in civilisation to stream this one!

CARN THE DOCKERS. Let's get some of that magic back. Can't freakin wait to watch our mosquito fleet with Son Son back in the team finally. He, more than Ballas, is who sparks us imo, every time. Him missing has been the cause of our so-so form this year I have no doubt.

Haven't watched a minute of it since that fateful day and probably never will. I still have determination for revenge from that game but that's purely from an on-field perspective. Hawks supporters....they're good people. I was inconsolable post game and while people were happy, I was struggling to lift my spirits. I did have a Hawks fan make the effort to console me though and I know Hawks fans that are good people.

That was the best month to be a Freo supporter and I'll never forget the purple invasion.

What will beat that is getting back to the Grand Final and winning it.
I agree that in the main, hawks supporters are an ok bunch, particularly on bf, but by golly they have a lot of bandwaggoners.
As for the 2013 gf, nah, not yet :(

I'd be interested to know how many who haven't watched the GF have rewatched the Sydney prelim. Personally, I've not been able to rewatch the semi-final against Adelaide in 2012, but rewatching the GF, painful as it was, was just too important in the history of the club to not see what we did right and what we did wrong.

The only finals match I've re-watched are the Geelong finals from 2012 and 2013, the Sydney game I watched after I got home the next morning and haven't bothered since, I associate winning that with losing 7 days later so I don't feel inclined to watch it again.

I don't think it will ever truly sink in until we win, knowing what winning feels like, and knowing how close we were.

I watched the extended highlights (all goals, and many misses and key moments throughout the game) a few weeks ago. Shocked me how many chances we actually had and that we didn't actually play as poorly as I thought we did when I watched it at the time.

I've seen bits & pieces but can't seem to stomach more than 3-4 min at a time without thinking "*, how did we utensil that chance up or lose it with an umpiring decision". I have taped on my foxtel IQ the GF Replay with the Hawks players talking through it but haven't played that, I will watch that if we win it this year or otherwise delete it.

I remember the day fairly well, after a Hawks goal in the 2nd qtr a bird shat on me, I also remember a sinking feeling in my guts when Isaac Smith nailed that monster goal and then burst into tears when Brad Hill goaled, composed myself but the tears came back at the final siren, was miserable until the Hawks got the cup then decided to do what all intelligent men do when they are sad and get on the gas.

I remember the Hawks fans being really good, funny except for one guy who I knew from Perth was acting like a tosser. I stayed at Crown post game and remember 3 Hawks fans talking to me & a mate for hours about footy in general, was a good chat and not once did they stir me up, respected that.

What amused me most about the game on Sunday was the Hawks thinking they had kicked themselves out of it after4.7 in the first qtr, yet our claims of doing that in the GF are laughed off as "We were always gonna win this GF, nothing was gonna stop us".

I've watched it once. Agree with Ripper. One that got away. Third quarter was pretty awesome when we got a bit of a sniff.

Won't watch again until after we redeem ourselves this year.

then decided to do what all intelligent men do when they are sad and get on the gas.
Intelligent women do that one too. Sounds like our night outs after the game were pretty similar.

Like I said before I have watched the game again - before this season started. Then I was lucky enough to attend the Hawks game at the start of the year where we got absolutely destroyed. Because of those 2 I couldn't even bring myself to watch the game on the weekend and actually went to a different game (Dees v GWS) to keep me distracted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back