Watson to Hird: Don't come back in 2014.

Remove this Banner Ad

I cant believe after 11 months the board are disunited.they have had enough time for all parties to agree and get on with 2014.There is no way 3 members are NOW against anything.
This is newspaper krap we are reading about.

Well, no. Either it's true there is division, or someone has planted the story despite there being no division, which means there is division. There is no way it comes out not true.

For the thousandth time. It's not so much what is said. It's who is saying it (through the journalist - unless you actually believe it's all just personal opinion and probably lies they make up) and why they are pushing that message out.

Well, no. Either it's true there is division, or someone has planted the story despite there being no division, which means there is division. There is no way it comes out not true.

For the thousandth time. It's not so much what is said. It's who is saying it (through the journalist - unless you actually believe it's all just personal opinion and probably lies they make up) and why they are pushing that message out.
It is a classic political play. Like all leadership plays the destablisation stage needs to go on for a while. Hird and Little have just been told it is not just HIS/their club and they cannot be guaranteed the support of a number of Board members. Also they are letting the members with concerns know that they are not just blind and stupid and wasting their money. There needs to the start of a new regime for when the ASADA penalties are handed out and they are showing that there is an alternative ticket. It was a very effective strategy. Much much more to come. The political arts are now in play at EFC and the first step of taking it out of the hands of Hird has been competed.

FAIL. See post #785

FAIL. See post #787
Ah no, I won't be searching back on a whim of yours. I will be getting some popcorn enjoying the show. A board endorsement? Now where have I heard that before? Of, that's right, in the ex AFL coach section of Centrelonk (I felt I had to spell it out for you).

Also relevant:

Btr5fGTCMAEefau.jpg

More porkies
the-pork-price-chart-the-peoples-bank-of-china-didnt-want-to-see.jpg
yes more porkies from the EFC who've lied and cheated for the last 2 years.

I cant believe after 11 months the board are disunited.they have had enough time for all parties to agree and get on with 2014.There is no way 3 members are NOW against anything.
This is newspaper krap we are reading about.
It's interesting that Caro specifically referred to three board members.

Did the Essendon board issue a statement labelling Mark Robinson's column as inaccurate and mischievous?

Robinson claims that Little and the board are pushing Hird out. Yet that article has gone through to the keeper. I guess Essendon doesn't want to upset the Hird camp who have Robbo writing columns for them.

Link

The impression that the Hird camp constantly briefed Robinson was reinforced last year by a detailed legal account from Hird’s former senior counsel Tony Nolan, which was delivered to former Essendon chief executive Ian Robson. Robson told colleagues the itemised account included time charged for a briefing to a News Limited journalist.
Link

Bombers are a leaderless rabble and sending mixed messages.

It's interesting that Caro specifically referred to three board members.

Wilson wrote "up to 3 directors" - could be 0, 1, 2 or 3. You should read things more closely.

Sorta goes with her confusing 'coaches box' with 'the club'.

How could directors be upset with Hird saying he looked forward to be back in the coaches box (as Wilson claims) when he didn't even say it.

Sucked in buddy!

Last edited:
Sounds similar to old Matty Knights if you ask me :p

http://www.news.com.au/national/club-has-faith-in-me-matthew-knights/story-e6frfkp9-1225907520837

But chairman David Evans said the gathering, which started at 4pm and finished around 8.45pm, was a scheduled monthly board meeting - not crisis talks.

Asked before the meeting if there was a chance the board could move to terminate Knights' contract, Evans replied: "No chance."

Knights stressed Evans and chief executive Ian Robson had given him no reason to feel his position was in jeopardy.

"The reality is I've got a legally binding contract for the next two seasons. I plan to honour that contract, stay the course, and I'm solely committed to the players and the Essendon Football Club," Knights said.

"In all my discussions with David and Ian, who are men of integrity, and the board at the Essendon Football Club, I thoroughly believe they've got full faith in me moving forward.

"As far as I can say I'm going to be here for the next two years."

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Caro bemused by EFC attack on her, sticking by her belief that the board is not fully behind Hird and he won't be coach next year. New damaging evidence to emerge soon.
Interesting, Caro has been known to stick by her sources as justification on her articles even in the face of contradiction. However when she says more to come it has always meant more to come.

Caro bemused by EFC attack on her, sticking by her belief that the board is not fully behind Hird and he won't be coach next year. New damaging evidence to emerge soon.

Yep you can expect an increasing flood of manure right up to the trial

I would like to know how journo's can get away with saying anything they like as long as its prefaced with my sources tell me.

Gutter journalism solely designed to sell papers/clicks.

Can anyone honestly say that they think anyone associated with essendon, would speak to the wicked witch?

Standard wilson article number 3456

In relation to. ( current scandal ), my sources tell me that ( make up something to support argument ). It is my belief that ( insert name ) must be sacked

Yes because she is wrong so often. She is an outright champ they way she has gone about ensuring Essendon's pathetic PR offensive fails. Without her the pressure might jut not have been great enough to allow a cover up. They might have gotten away with it!

Bravo Caro, you represent the supporters of the game, not Essendon and have ensured they will face justice and the game can move forward without the stench of the Essedon smearing our great sport.

Bravo.

Yes because she is wrong so often. She is an outright champ they way she has gone about ensuring Essendon's pathetic PR offensive fails. Without her the pressure might jut not have been great enough to allow a cover up. They might have gotten away with it!

Bravo Caro, you represent the supporters of the game, not Essendon and have ensured they will face justice and the game can move forward without the stench of the Essedon smearing our great sport.

Bravo.
Rofl!

That's ASADA's job.
Public pressure can outflank government legislated power, which is why Essendon's PR campaign is so aggressive (and expensive to it's members). Caro is providing the resistance to this and ensuring a clear path for ASADA and a platform to combat Essendon's offensive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back