Toast We got what we wanted

Remove this Banner Ad

Number 10

Premiership Player
Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Collingwood
Mid year, threads were filled with discussions on who we were going to lose this year due to the salary cap squeeze and the new and untried free agency.

At times we had resigned to losing a superstar in Cloke, Reid or Pendlebury. At other times we became so furious with Cloke that we wanted him gone. Other times when Keeffe was fit and Reid was not, we were feeling content if we had to lose Reid to keep the other two. And I can't really recall anyone choosing to lose Pendles over the other two even though the discussion about his pending signing was always lingering.

But the recurring theme throughout the entire year was the thought of losing a "replaceable" player to allow for us to sign up these 3 unsigned stars of the comp. Names such as Wellingham, O'brien, goldsack, Dawes were thrown around and the result is probably the best we could have hoped for.

So, I for one am extremely pleased with our ability to do the seemingly impossible by keeping these desirable players together. We have a great future to look forward to with these people running the club.

I thought we'd lose someone to GWS and we didn't so that's a big win.

Wellingham wanted to go home, fair enough good luck and all that, nice to get adequate compo for him.

Dawes wanted to try his luck elsewhere, once again good luck etc and once again the compo seems fair.

Q stick in to replace Dawes, Seedsman or maybe Young to take the Duke's spot.

A few picks near the front end for a change.

Best we could do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back