Roast We need to move past this idea we are a young side

Remove this Banner Ad

We needed a player either Acres or Dunstan right now to be playing at the level of a Bontempelli or Cripps. They were drafted in the same year and none of those two players (Blake & Luke) have set the world on fire yet.
Additionally, you could argue Newnes is the same he has improved a little every year he has been in the system but he is yet to breakout. Going forward for next year we need these players to breakout to really give us security that we have two really gun players and not classified as "soldiers" at best.

We are still a long way off, and we need to still focus on the draft. If we can find another late first round pick that would be ideal for us and use pick (6-8) and a late first rounder and enhancing our midfield. Don't even worry about trading IMHO, its just a curse with us Carlisle, Freeman, Lovett.

I mentioned in the preview thread that St Kilda really need guys like Billings, Acres & Dunstan to go to the next level to be more comfortable in their rebuild.

They still have time, but we're approaching the time where it's 'make or break' to show whether they'll be A graders or just solid B graders...another year or 2 and we will know for sure.

I agree regarding Dunstan and Acres.
Dunstan needs to be able to play his best game almost every week. If he can do that he will be an OK footballer. If he can't win around 10 contested possessions every week ,he's no more useful than Robert Eddy was.
Acres has shown that he can have a good game, but in his 3rd season he needs to be doing it more often.

I'm not sure Newnes will ever "break out". He probably did more last year ( his third year ) than Montagna did in his fifth year.
Because he's not flashy i think people don't realise how much he is doing every week.
If he continues to improve his game like he has been, he will be a very very good player.

Maybe Acres could show some consistency if he was actually in the side consistently for more than 2 or 3 games at a time! Too good for the VFL, for heaven's sake put him in the midfield for the rest of the season so he can start to get the confidence to feel he belongs.

I think with the outs this week, we can all agree that, for this week at least, we're a young side.

I think with the outs this week, we can all agree that, for this week at least, we're a young side.
Will be interested too see the average age for this weekend very young obviously.
Behind Montagna, Gilbo and Armo our oldest

Remove this Banner Ad

Back