List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 28 - Luke Partington

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate this at all.

Not after Kennedy's no show in the GF - fraternising with the enemy after being handed his soul in a non GF - what a joke.
Hawks did what Adelaide did to JK a few weeks earlier . Have a player on him and a player 15-20 m in front of him not allowing him space to lead into . Hawks used 2 players to kwell jk ( frawley and lake )
Darling and Sinclair then needed to step up but didn't .
If we weren't so thin on tall defenders Simpson could have swung McGovern forward straight away as another avenue to goal and demand one of lake or frawley to man him up also freeing JK but we couldn't .
Even lycett would have been better than Sinclair .

What is really impressive in his highlights is how amazingly clean his hands are - just doesn't seem to fumble. I feel like this is something a lot of our current mids lack. Certainly an underrated skill to have and he'll be very valuable for this alone.

What is really impressive in his highlights is how amazingly clean his hands are - just doesn't seem to fumble. I feel like this is something a lot of our current mids lack. Certainly an underrated skill to have and he'll be very valuable for this alone.
Agree and he has a really good football brain (seems to almost always make good decisions) just like Duggan, not as good a kick though (no doubt what they will spend a lot of time working on). Wouldn't even be surprised if he debuts sometime this year which would be pretty impressive given the mode we are in.

Yeah apart from Priddis, we used to have a lot of fumbly mids, Selwood especially so

WTF are you talking about?
He is asking you what you think of the English national soccer (football) team players that play against each other week in week out in the English Premier League but then have to gel and play as a team when they combine for the national side.

Not sure why the Parto thread is being hijacked by talk about JK does in his off season.

By the way players are allowed to have friends out side of our club FFS,. Ridiculous.

Hawks did what Adelaide did to JK a few weeks earlier . Have a player on him and a player 15-20 m in front of him not allowing him space to lead into . Hawks used 2 players to kwell jk ( frawley and lake )
Darling and Sinclair then needed to step up but didn't .
If we weren't so thin on tall defenders Simpson could have swung McGovern forward straight away as another avenue to goal and demand one of lake or frawley to man him up also freeing JK but we couldn't .
Even lycett would have been better than Sinclair .
To be fair Talia has the wood on JK and probably his kryptonite. Also frawley is no chump and wanted revenge after a dismall showing in the QF, he was lucky JK didnt kick 5 or more on him (which he easily could have).

To be fair Talia has the wood on JK and probably his kryptonite. Also frawley is no chump and wanted revenge after a dismall showing in the QF, he was lucky JK didnt kick 5 or more on him (which he easily could have).

We would have won on our home ground. A Hawks supporter I know complained that the interstate clubs get too many advantages because the play so much onnn n

We would have won on our home ground. Hawthorn and Collinwood must get a home ground not MCG. The AFL is a highly flawed competition. Another ground should be built. There was one but tore it down because there was no public transport (third world country type of stuff). But on topic I think Partington will be a good player for us no need to rush him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's just hope Barich never looks in a mirror...

"Are you a Stupid fat prick?"

No response...

"Are you a stupid fat prick?"

No response...

"Are you a stupid fat prick?"

Repeat ad nauseum.
EFA
The real reason we delisted Murray Newman
If it was Barra newman punched He would be a state legend and win a media award

R.e. Barra and his line of questioning, really shows not a skeric of class.

In Barra's defence, he is so genuinely stupid that he probably doesnt realise and also completely unable to think of any other line of questioning apart from the one thing already discussed in the mainstream media.

In Barra's defence, he is so genuinely stupid that he probably doesnt realise and also completely unable to think of any other line of questioning apart from the one thing already discussed in the mainstream media.

I guess one can literally see his brain working overtime.

Also, with Partington's thing, Barra probably couldn't give a s**t and was waiting for the air violin.

He must've learnt well from Basil Zempilas.

Did you guys listen to Redden being interviewed by landgdon. Langdon treated redden like a kid being drafted and how and who got him to footy and etc and not like an established AFL players. I bet he had not many legit questions to ask redden about and when/if he does jetta he will actually have some.

Did you guys listen to Redden being interviewed by landgdon. Langdon treated redden like a kid being drafted and how and who got him to footy and etc and not like an established AFL players. I bet he had not many legit questions to ask redden about and when/if he does jetta he will actually have some.

Surely some better questions could've been asked to Reddo.

Langdon could've asked Reddo about Brisbane's struggle to retain players and why the bulk of them have left since Leppa took over.

Are there any players who he's looking to playing alongside that got the better of him in past games and then afterwards, are there any Lions players he's looking forward to playing on?

Will he try and dack tackle Nathan Fyfe again?

After 112 consecutive games from debut before sustaining a season ending injury towards the end of the 2014 season and have that interruption flow into 2015, will the move to West Coast reignite an almost stalled career and will it revitalise his motivation to play?

If Reddo was getting fed up by Langdon's questioning and if he was smart enough, would he request that Karl goes back to promoting Vista blinds?

Criticism would be justified if Barra and Langdon were reporting on current affairs, politics, world events or economics. There's a reason ex-footballers can transition into sports journalism. Chill out.

I disagree. Journalism, whatever the subject, should still be treated with a modicum of respect. SOME ex-footballers can transition into sports journalism and the good ones offer insightful knowledge and opinions to further educate their readers on the ins and outs of the game. Other ex-footballers seem to have been given a free pass to serve up whatever tripe they can be bothered coming up with because they were ex-footballers. There are plenty of non-players who also cover the AFL and they would never get away with serving up the crap that gets dished out by Barra. Sure its sports journalism but without some sort of standards whats the point in covering it at all?

Whilst I think this is a worthy discussion (the number of sub standard ex-player media people in Australian sport is ridiculous), it's pretty funny how many times Luke Partington's thread has been hijacked

Remove this Banner Ad

Back