List Mgmt. Welcome Pick 62 - Matthew Allen

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt is absolutely stoked to have been picked up by you guys and can't wait to get to Perth. Watched him grow up at my cricket club, kid is an elite sportsman who could have succeeded at any sport he wanted...and he wants to play footy. Still think he may play midfield in years to come even given his height and weight. Am not sure what his draft camp times were this year but know the year before he beat a couple of Danyle Pearces draft times.

Looks like a good pick up , how come he slipped so far ? ... told them he loves cricket more .

Couple of South Australian juniors to add to Hurny's entourage .

Am I really that old that so few remember Carlton's Matthew Allen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember. This kid somehow reminds me of Stevan Jackson, just hope he does not play as bad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if he adds 2-3cm on he will be dangerous. But like Darling he plays much taller than he is.

I finished listening to the BF Port Adelaide podcast this morning, their draft preview had a BF poster who was a scout for a couple of AFL clubs so knows his s**t. He rated Allen above Himmelberg so we may have got a bargain here. I think we were only going for 3 picks but couldn't pass this guy up.

Matt is absolutely stoked to have been picked up by you guys and can't wait to get to Perth. Watched him grow up at my cricket club, kid is an elite sportsman who could have succeeded at any sport he wanted...and he wants to play footy. Still think he may play midfield in years to come even given his height and weight. Am not sure what his draft camp times were this year but know the year before he beat a couple of Danyle Pearces draft times.

Great to hear Jumbo. I'm stoked to have him on board as well and was always bullish on him at our 3rd pick. Whenwe went with Mutimer I could have smashed the computer screen knowing that recruiting staff had stated we'd only use 3 picks.

Give him time peeps. Patience will be required but I think we can develop him to be the next tall forward after Kennedy.

Sticky mits are always good

Great to hear Jumbo. I'm stoked to have him on board as well and was always bullish on him at our 3rd pick. Whenwe went with Mutimer I could have smashed the computer screen knowing that recruiting staff had stated we'd only use 3 picks.

Give him time peeps. Patience will be required but I think we can develop him to be the next tall forward after Kennedy.
He's 192 isn't he? Not sure he'll ever be a number 1 forward

He's 192 isn't he? Not sure he'll ever be a number 1 forward
If he kicks 26 goals in his first 5 games with us he might :) Not a big fan of the key forward height debate. Because we are really debating who is number 1, 2, 3 tall forward. Who cares? Oppositions will match up with the best fit defenders across all of them regardless. I think Hawthorn have shown you don't need to have super tall forwards to kick a lot of goals - Gunston kicked 57 this year and Roughead kicked 50 this year didn't he? They are both around 193cm I think. And Breust kicked 52 at 184cm. Where did this idea come from that you need some almost 200cm beast to be your key forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back