Welcome to Hawthorn Pick 22: Kieran Lovell

Remove this Banner Ad

He won't get the chance to hand it to anyone anyway the crimmins family choose who plays in the number which is a shame as Mitch could finish his career as a 300 game player with 5 flags a lot more then crimmins did.
And then the Crimmins family will will most likely say, well it's your number to choose now Sam.

Don't think he will make it will be delisted next year once he knee is fixed I think

Agreed. The club has done the right thing by him to keep him on a list for another year but expect at best he will get another year on the rookie list.

Remember Mitchell started in 28, and was given 5 after its previous owner (SEN's own Daniel Harford) was traded to Carlton.

Danny Harford actually started in number 15, then switched to 5.

So he was replaced by Hodge and Mitchell!

We always give the experienced players first crack and lower numbers when available, then draftees get the remaining numbers in order of drafting.

Can't remember the last time we gave a draftee a low number....

This^

Last time I remember a draftee getting a "low" number would be Issac Smith (16)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This^

Last time I remember a draftee getting a "low" number would be Issac Smith (16)
Given Burton got 35, should go like this for draftees

35 Burton
37 Lovell
40 Hardwick (assuming Hartung changes)
41 Surman (assuming Howe changes)

Then no idea from there for Stewart and Glass because only 44 is available unless Miles, Pitto, JML, Llang or Shem upgraded. Potentially Pitto takes Hales 20, so then it would be

43 Stewart
44 Glass

Given Burton got 35, should go like this for draftees

35 Burton
37 Lovell
40 Hardwick (assuming Hartung changes)
41 Surman (assuming Howe changes)

Then no idea from there for Stewart and Glass because only 44 is available unless Miles, Pitto, JML, Llang or Shem upgraded. Potentially Pitto takes Hales 20, so then it would be

43 Stewart
44 Glass
Which means someone after 33 upgraded to Joffa's 32

We always give the experienced players first crack and lower numbers when available, then draftees get the remaining numbers in order of drafting.

Can't remember the last time we gave a draftee a low number....

Luke Hodge in 2002?

Didn't he always have number 15?

So its been 13 years, at a time when we were devoid of gun players, and it was to our only number 1 draft pick?
It was to our only number 1 draft pick at the time? Or maybe the only number 1 worth remembering?

So its been 13 years, at a time when we were devoid of gun players, and it was to our only number 1 draft pick?
He wasn't our only one...
gc5301891697743218539.jpg

I should say, at least we always traded for our #1's. We never got our "chosen ones" the Carltank way.

Buckenara thought we took Sam Mitchell to early in his draft and it worked!
That's why we should take everybody earlier in the draft.

That's where the next competitive advantage is IMHO
If we're going to continue to set the pace (the fastest pace), we have to go against the grain and orthodoxy, otherwise we'll fall back to the pack.
If everybody is doing it, then there's no advantage.
My Karate instructor tells me that I should always do the unexpected.
Catch them off the guards.

Weave already seen the teams go cold on picking of the players who slippe in the draft, which is why we never hear any recruiter say "we didn't expecting him to be around at our pick" this draft. They've already begun to realise you've got to take players before they're expecting it. If they're expecting it, they will take him first; is it making sense to you now?

Shifty Roos is probably thinking this exactly already now - that's why he took Oliver 20 picks earlier than anybody thought and he was the mastermind after Sydney's BLOODS culture success, even though we perfected it.

You don't have to agree with me, but they're the facts and my opinion agrees with the facts.
I forgot to say, this is my first ever post.
There will never be another first post but I like this one.

Buckenara thought we took Sam Mitchell to early in his draft and it worked!
That's why we should take everybody earlier in the draft.

You don't have to agree with me, but they're the facts and my opinion agrees with the facts.
I forgot to say, this is my first ever post.
There will never be another first post but I like this one.

That's the part of your post that is wrong, Mr List Manager.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back