Game Day West Coast vs Essendon @ Etihad 2:40 Saturday

Remove this Banner Ad

Cox's selection was poor on every front. He can't back up 2 games in a row, particularly off a 6-day break and it robbed Colledge or Maginnes of a chance. Surely both should get a game now the season is over, but I daresay Cox won't be dropped.
He really had a tough time trying to balance the rucks and not get anyone offside. Cox really shouldn't have played today, I would have liked to see another runner in Colledge.

Cox's selection was poor on every front. He can't back up 2 games in a row, particularly off a 6-day break and it robbed Colledge or Maginnes of a chance. Surely both should get a game now the season is over, but I daresay Cox won't be dropped.

yes with Carlisle not playing wce should have rested Cox for the next home game send off ..

Yep Cox playing was a bad, bad decision...whether blame for that lies at his feet or not, it really robbed us of run. Dicing with fire us being so tall. Especially knowing it was a 6-day turnaround and a flight on top of it. Stupid! Colyer killed us with his pace in the last.
What riles me most is 2 glaring freekicks - the one against Hill and the deliberate out of bounds that bobbled along the boundary line for about 50 metres. Bloody ridiculous.

Yes. Would mean 3 teams are on 40, with us on 36.

Each of those teams has one very losable game.

This presumes Essendon on 44 will be safe, which is I think the case ...

So we need to win both and see Adelaide lose on the road to North; Richmond lose on the road to Sydney and Collingwood lose to Hawthorn ...

Assuming tonight's "losses" hold up :)

That's all pretty doable

Yep Cox playing was a bad, bad decision...whether blame for that lies at his feet or not, it really robbed us of run. Dicing with fire us being so tall. Especially knowing it was a 6-day turnaround and a flight on top of it. Stupid! Colyer killed us with his pace in the last.
What riles me most is 2 glaring freekicks - the one against Hill and the deliberate out of bounds that bobbled along the boundary line for about 50 metres. Bloody ridiculous.

You can't blame a player for putting his hand up for selection. That's his job. It's the match committee's job to make the correct decisions.

That's a real hard loss to accept. Hate losing to Essendon at the best of times but when your 5 and a half goals up it kills. You can make the excuse that Hill should have got a free kick late but we shouldn't have been in that situation to begin with.

To be honest Hill wouldn't have been my first choice for ball in hand either. I cringed before his behind, I cringed again when he had the ball and was looking to spot up inside 50

At half time I never saw it happening, but not sure what happened to Essendon after half time. They seemed to wake up from there slumber and we were pedestrian at best in the second half. A game of 2 halves almost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Simmo look very despondent in his presser. He wants and craves success & his coaching for me has been great BAR the 3 rucks early 2014

Can't wait for 2015, reckon after some good drafting things will improve.

IMO that can be put down to a balancing act to keep a club champ happy while facing football mortality.

Feel like the Umps have a quota to get a minimum of 4 Victorian clubs into the Finals. I'm surprised you guys aren't more pissed about those piss poor decisions in the last 5 mins.
Pretty bloody annoyed by them, the deliberate OOB and the push in the back on Hill was very harsh and lucky to be paid; but the Bombers certainly dominated the 2nd half and were very dangerous going forward, while we fumbled and turned it over constantly. Wish that Hill had looked for a teammate instead of going for the goal.

McGinnity was a huge liability, should never be used in defence and will be very lucky to get another AFL game, while playing 3 rucks was a huge waste of a position, esp. with Lycett unfortunately having a very quiet game.

Umpiring was disgraceful today. Was bored so I watched the games and was surprised to hear blatant cheering for the essendon team by the commentators. You guys got screwed hard and painfully by the umpires. Problem is, if Simpson complains everyone will call him a sore loser. My condolences. Now you know how it feels to be a Saints fan at the moment. Difference is, we have a big club history to lean on unlike you. Hope you guys recover. My other gripe is that Jobe Watson shouldn't have been playing, he is a drug cheat. Smash the dees boys.

Absolutely gutted.... Darling must have killed an umpire in a past life because he gets nothing every week. Got a pretty decent upside to look forward to though:

- Better game plan and ball movement.
- Another preseason into the boys to get the skills and decision making up to scratch.
- Roughly the same draw as this year.
- Big host of players back into the team.
- Take solace in the fact that making the 8 would have meant getting massacred by Sydney/Hawthorn/Geelong
- Woot better draft pick (I guess... I still think playing for picks is s**t...)

Having said all that, and I don't want to be that guy but we can still make it if the following happens:

Round 21
Richmond beat Adelaide (Completely possible)
Brisbane beat Collingwood (See: Brisbane Effect)

Round 22
North Melbourne beat Adelaide (In Tassie so reasonable chance)

Round 23
Hawks beat Collingwood

Finish 8th if that happens but probably not much point I guess. Still love my club regardless.
Good call. The first two of those happened. Now it's up to us again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back