Official Team Thread West Coast Wonders Season 19 Team Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't have a basketballl team as such but I just love watching the game.

NFL is all Indianapolis :)

Dbacks, Vikings, Spurs. I don't love watching basketball though, which is a shame cause at least the Spurs are successful out of that lot!

Follow Red Sox :p

Most people didn't have Boston to come close to playoffs

Hope the nuggets do well next season , I think you guys will be signing a good FA (hopefully)
I basically do but have to remain loyal to Denver/Colorado

True, I especially like their attitude, and that of their fans at this point in cycle

Here's hoping :oops:

I basically do but have to remain loyal to Denver/Colorado

True, I especially like their attitude, and that of their fans at this point in cycle

Here's hoping :oops:

Fair enough man

Isiah Thomas off the bench is truly amazing , Sacremento are idiots for letting him go in the first place.

Someone like Danny Green as SG would be a nice addition

And another interview. (I know, I'm doing something... it's bizzare :p) This time with one of our most promising posters in LicoriceAllsorts.

1. How did you come to join the SFA?
ClarkeM spotted me in the Sydney Siege thread on the GD board sprouting my usual antics and decided to give me a call.

2. What's the origin of your name?
Licorice Allsorts is a nickname I picked up in junior cricket because in the nets I'd bowl one ball on a perfect line and length and the next one would be so wide it would hit the side of the net.

3. Favourite drink?
Don't mind a Crowny.

4. Favourite movie?
Saving Private Ryan

5. TV shows you are watching right now?
Been re-watching Band of Brothers and the Pacific, not much a tv shows kind of guy though tbh.

6. What other sports do you follow?
Cricket, american football and basketball.

7. Highlight of your SFA career?
Probably that second win this season, was AFK for that first win so didn't get to experience the rush of blood like in the second.

8. Who has particularly impressed you at the Wonders?
SSwans2011, yes you, not joking as I said. Obviously hen da man has been great. Better chuck Golumless in there as he did for me ;), but seriously I have been impressed by everyone here, a lot of good young guns coming through for the future, and some great leaders as well. You know who you all are.

9. Favourite AFL player and why?
Tom Rockliff. Cops flak for being a campaigner but he has got to be identical to me in terms of personality and he's a Victorian as well which is obviously important.

10. Why do you go for the Lions?
Well one of my grandfathers and my great grandfather on the other side were old Fitzroy fans, and my dad didn't want me becoming a Doggies fan after their history, so I became a Lion, and it was smooth transition as I was really starting to get into footy shortly after 2000, and we all know what followed...

11. What's a weird hobby you have?
Probably my weirdest is that I post heavily on a footy forum but other than that not too much weird stuff (unfortunately). Following four sports takes up too much of my time probably, if I'm not playing or watching sport, I'm either eating, shitting or sleeping. *Cue borrriiinnngggggg chants*. When I was younger I used to be into WWII a fair bit though and used to make model aeroplanes and tanks and s**t with dad so that would have been the main hobby I guess.

----

Also, it's been good to see how active we've been this week despite the fact that there's no Finals to play for any more. :p Hopefully we will be rewarded adequately when we belt the Wolves on the weekend.

Last edited:
Re: Question 10. What followed has been banished from my memory, so * you!

Sorry, I'm grumpy about baseball. A closer giving up a Grand Slam FFS

The third interview this week with another one of our gun rookies in Daniel1812. Looking for some more folks keen for an interview. Send me an inbox if you're up for it.

1. How did you come to join the SFA? Well first of all I had an offer to join the wolves and I accepted , however I did a u-turn and joined the mighty wonders. Don't regret this at all :)
  2. What's the origin of your name? I didn't know you couldn't change names when you signed up for bigfooty , so I chose a very simple name so I can just posting....
  3. Favourite drink? Hahns superdry
  4. Favourite movie? Saving Private Ryan
  5. TV shows you are watching right now? Breaking Bad and King Of Queens
  6. What other sports do you follow? NBA , Baseball , NFL , Soccer
  7. Highlight of your SFA career? Starting my first game for the wonders
  8. Who has particularly impressed you at the Wonders? Great group of lads in this team
  9. Favourite AFL player and why? I would have to say Betts at the moment. The goal against North last year at AO was amazing , When he went for goal it felt like it was in slow motion as it went in.
  10. Why do you go for the Crows? My family are all Crows supporters so I decided to join in the family
  11. What's a weird hobby you have? I'm a big WW2 buff and I love watching movies , documentries etc
Loving that some of you other lads are also intrigued by WW2. :thumbsu:

Just watched Unbroken its a WW2 movie and it's brilliant

So anyone who likes watching those type of movies , should defiantly watch it

So you want me to watch this movie, whilst actively resisting the lure of getting sucked into it.

Dunno why you'd do that ;)

For our 4th interview this week we have veteran and former Best & Fairest Marklar_33!
  1. How did you come to join the SFA? Well, the first time around, Season 06, I stumbled across the board and was signed by the Demons. I posted once...then peterss of the Gumbies signed me for season 11, and I've been around ever since
  2. What's the origin of your name? My Scandinavian heritage. My actual name is Mark Larsson. Of course, South Park fans will know that's bullshit
  3. Favourite drink? Jim Beam
  4. Favourite movie? BASEketball
  5. TV shows you are watching right now? GoT, Suits, The Walking Dead
  6. What other sports do you follow? NFL, MLB, Cricket
  7. Highlight of your SFA career? 2 Wonders flags; joint B&F win with Shallow
  8. Who has particularly impressed you at the Wonders? All the youth. It's refreshing to have keen, new faces. It's brought me back to activity this season
  9. Favourite AFL player and why? Alan Toovey at the moment. Does all the unfashionable things, and does them well. Struggles to kick still haha
  10. Why do you go for the Pies? My favourite Uncle had the 1990 Premiership photo on the wall. Annoys my Carlton-mad father to no end!
  11. What's a weird hobby you have? Hmmm, that's a tough one. I've been throwing myself into my work so much for the past 3 years, I haven't done much else! I've found myself to be really OCD about my woodfires lately, they must be stacked perfect and roaring all the time! Hard to explain I guess!
Loving these, guys! I'll most likely get everyone who is on-board for next season to do one at some point, and they'll be included in that team thread's OP. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how they complain that not enough Wonders players posted in the thread when the entire first 10 pages is of them quote-chaining each other.

Hard to get a word in sideways with a circle-jerk of that magnitude.

Good win though boys, starting to think we may have left our finals run a touch late though!

I love how they complain that not enough Wonders players posted in the thread when the entire first 10 pages is of them quote-chaining each other.

Hard to get a word in sideways with a circle-jerk of that magnitude.

Good win though boys, starting to think we may have left our finals run a touch late though!

Don't worry, this is all a build-up to our undefeated run next season. ;)

What's new wonders? , what have I missed from the league since I had to take a break for a while.

How has everyone been?
We won some games.

That was fun.

We have all but assured ourselves the wooden spoon. That was also fun.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back