What are you currently watching?

Remove this Banner Ad

I need another couple of shows...

the knick is pretty good

sequestered - crackle production, conspiracy court room thing with 20 minute episodes, easy to binge watch, predictable for seasoned tv viewers, but watchable

you watched rectify yeah?

manhattan is good
The honourable woman was good enough

extant, legends and outlander are all pretty terrible

the knick is pretty good

sequestered - crackle production, conspiracy court room thing with 20 minute episodes, easy to binge watch, predictable for seasoned tv viewers, but watchable

you watched rectify yeah?

Watched the first two episodes of The Kinck. Loading up and going to watch the rest in a batch.

Rectify, no, not yet.

There have been some pretty ordinary new shows come through this year.

Watched the first episode of The Leftovers. Some good reviews in the States, but this is horrible. Really Horrible.
I found one season of Rectify more than enough. Too slow.
Extant, with Haile Berry, is very, very ordinary. Had promise but the script failed to deliver.

Anxiously awaiting return seasons of The Blacklist, Crossing Lines and Strike Back

There have been some pretty ordinary new shows come through this year.

Watched the first episode of The Leftovers. Some good reviews in the States, but this is horrible. Really Horrible.
I found one season of Rectify more than enough. Too slow.
Extant, with Haile Berry, is very, very ordinary. Had promise but the script failed to deliver.

Anxiously awaiting return seasons of The Blacklist, Crossing Lines and Strike Back
Interesting how people's tastes differ. There is a guy at work who is into a lot of the shows discussed in this thread. He's raving about The Leftovers. I'm going to give it a run when it hits Foxtel's schedule soon.
I understand what you mean about the pace of Rectify. I loved it anyway. Have series 2 waiting for when I have some time.
Did one episode of Extant... Hated it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting how people's tastes differ. There is a guy at work who is into a lot of the shows discussed in this thread. He's raving about The Leftovers. I'm going to give it a run when it hits Foxtel's schedule soon.
I understand what you mean about the pace of Rectify. I loved it anyway. Have series 2 waiting for when I have some time.
Did one episode of Extant... Hated it

Extant was hideous.

There are some good things about the Leftovers, once you expunge the tropes, rampant cliches and lack of 'why'.

The mood is genuinelt unsettling. The camera work, art direction and all that is inventive. The show takes risks. And there is some interesting content.

I must admit, I only gave Leftovers one episode. Maybe it does get better, but really, I cannot bring myself to sit down and watch a second episode. I simply do not understand the point of those dudes in white. If they could answer the question of what happened then maybe it would give some purpose.

Other shows that have disappointed in that they have stretched a one hour episode into an entire series are Helix and The Strain. Can't really cope with disease-related shows.

The Lottery is also crap.

watch Rectify, its heavy but brilliant

Just read a very interesting blog from director Steven Soderbergh.

He's gone and turned Raiders of the Lost Ark into a black and white film to study Spielberg's mastery of staging etc.

It's a really interesting read/watch. Well worth a browse.

http://extension765.com/sdr/18-raiders

Spent the past week out on site.

Gave me a good chance to start some new TV shows - Californication, Black Books, Breaking Bad amongst others

Remove this Banner Ad

Back