What do you expect of the Federal ALP?

Remove this Banner Ad

You know it when you see it.

And we’re already seeing it.

So nice to have a PM who doesn’t try to gaslight the nation every time he opens his mouth.

Those things are staged managed. If the nation changes it's policy on something like live exports because Albo was walked over by another nation's leader - is that achieving the desired result?

As i freeze my backside off here today, i can't buy a can of soup, ( i should make my own, but who can afford the gas bill) and can't afford to fill up the petrol tank, I wonder where we'll be by Winter 2023? We don't have a climate crisis as much as we have an energy crisis? The very dangerous Chris Bowen is already crapping on with stuff that could see us in darkness by this time next year and power bills out of reach of the everyman? We Export most of our gas which means we might not have enough for domestic consumption, what world does Bowen live in? This is going to be a mighty tough next few years. Don't fall for the Bowen modeling, he's full of it. Albo has his hands full and he needs to get rid of this wanna-be PM who will be stalking him along with the witches' coven...
You had nine years to raise this.

You had nine years to raise this.

The entire subtext of this thread is that we project responsibility into the politicians who actually can't do a thing about it.

Albo can't ring up the US Fed and say "hey, choose the path that doesn't make us go into a dark recession" he will only be able to react to the rest of the world.

We are the tiny boat in the river with huge ships making waves.

Those things are staged managed. If the nation changes it's policy on something like live exports because Albo was walked over by another nation's leader - is that achieving the desired result?
What “things” are stage managed?

When Albanese opens his mouth he doesn’t talk horseschitte.

It’s clear that he says what he means, and means what he says.

A fish rots from the head, so to have the head honcho not talking schite is a huge improvement already. Coz the previous joker couldn’t talk anything but horseschitte.

What “things” are stage managed?

When Albanese opens his mouth he doesn’t talk horseschitte.

It’s clear that he says what he means, and means what he says.

A fish rots from the head, so to have the head honcho not talking schite is a huge improvement already. Coz the previous joker couldn’t talk anything but horseschitte.

When press are invited and the politician gives a speech, it's staged managed. You'll notice they quickly run off if unscripted questions get asked. It's just how the game is played.

The entire subtext of this thread is that we project responsibility into the politicians who actually can't do a thing about it.

Albo can't ring up the US Fed and say "hey, choose the path that doesn't make us go into a dark recession" he will only be able to react to the rest of the world.

So you lot really did vote in ScoMo-Lite ? :p

Still doesn't answer my question bruh.
How are you measuring wealth?
Deets.

So much nonsense for a simple answer...........companies already report balance sheet, so the framework is there. There are also loads of examples of how assets are measured, so the framework is there.

You seem to be excited about nothing.
for clarity:

There are also loads of examples of how assets are measured under existing tax laws at both state and federal level, so the framework is there and so to the legal precedence.

Yes but that has nothing to do with what the poster I was replying to was saying. He/she is nothing but a barracker. Issues with gas supply are due to failures by successive governments over many years. To suggest it is all up to Chris Bowen when I highly suspect the poster has never raised the matter ever before, is mindless barracking pure and simple.

you're bothering to talk to someone who reckons he cannot afford a $2 tin of soup?
He could a month ago. But since the ALP has got to power and passed zero legislation so far, he can't any more.

That family from Biloela took his job.

Honestly, the Libs and their supporters banging on about the state of the economy are ridiculous. This is their economic settings, and they've set it for fuel to go back up again in a few weeks. That'll probably be the ALP's fault too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think there is any legislation that could be passed to prevent the hurt that is coming to people in rising cost of living.

Albo will wear the blame for it though. It's not fair but he would also enjoy the rewards for similar things entirely outside his control if they do well for Australians.

Yes but that has nothing to do with what the poster I was replying to was saying. He/she is nothing but a barracker. Issues with gas supply are due to failures by successive governments over many years. To suggest it is all up to Chris Bowen when I highly suspect the poster has never raised the matter ever before, is mindless barracking pure and simple.
Too true. Bowen hasn’t actually said anything yet. Management 101; he is absorbing information - reading, consulting and listening.

That chap hates Bowen for some unknown reason - a person he’ll never meet, who has zero impact on his life. He must be a real laugh when his neighbours’ leaves blow on his driveway.

P.S. Minister for Energy is not a launching pad for PM anytime in the near future.

If they want to get anything through the Senate they are going to have to work with the Greens and probably either Lambe or Pocock, so I would expect a number of policies relating to Climate Change as well as women's and indigenous rights.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make some changes to their policy of a 43% reduction in Carbon emissions before 2030 and their mining policy. If they can get their message across regarding renewables being cheaper than coal and gas in power production, then the current sky rocketing power prices could be a blessing in disguise in fast tracking more renewable projects.

They stated that Aged Care will be a priority so I expect things to happen in that space within the first 6-12 months, but I'm not entirely sure what they can do in the current financial climate. Because of this, other social welfare may not get looked at until the second half of their first term (if things improve) or in a second term.

There are around 4 or 5 Indigenous MP's on the Labor side so there should be some positives steps in Indigenous health, education and employment. And I expect the Voice to Parliament referendum to take place at the next election.

Islamic Banking and Home Ownership
One great idea that labor has put forward is the concept of islamic banking with the government buying part of homes. The government should expand this program in time but have it administered by the states and then the states outsource to the banks rather than themselves. I say this because the number of "dwellings" to be built is large and better run by states.

I'll pull you up on the concept of islamic banking, my old employer (HSBC) offered loans on this concept, no interest but the fees were variable and changed in line with interest rate movements, funnily enough they offered fixed or variable fees that were identical to the interest rates charged to non muslims :think:

If they want to get anything through the Senate they are going to have to work with the Greens and probably either Lambe or Pocock, so I would expect a number of policies relating to Climate Change as well as women's and indigenous rights.

I wouldn't be surprised if they make some changes to their policy of a 43% reduction in Carbon emissions before 2030 and their mining policy. If they can get their message across regarding renewables being cheaper than coal and gas in power production, then the current sky rocketing power prices could be a blessing in disguise in fast tracking more renewable projects.

They stated that Aged Care will be a priority so I expect things to happen in that space within the first 6-12 months, but I'm not entirely sure what they can do in the current financial climate. Because of this, other social welfare may not get looked at until the second half of their first term (if things improve) or in a second term.

There are around 4 or 5 Indigenous MP's on the Labor side so there should be some positives steps in Indigenous health, education and employment. And I expect the Voice to Parliament referendum to take place at the next election.
People will expect election promises to be acted upon asap, that’s what they voted for and that’s the instant-gratification society we now live in. They will expect to see steps taken and regular updates on progress. Excuses that the previous government left a mess, or that some schemes will have to wait until a second or third term are not going to be acceptable. They said they had the answers, they need to follow through.

People will expect election promises to be acted upon asap, that’s what they voted for and that’s the instant-gratification society we now live in. They will expect to see steps taken and regular updates on progress. Excuses that the previous government left a mess, or that some schemes will have to wait until a second or third term are not going to be acceptable. They said they had the answers, they need to follow through.
If they provide and honest explanation why they have to delay the implementation of a particular promise, especially if it's one that has financial implications then the Aussie people should understand. It worked for Hawke back in 1983.

"They said they have the answers" - picked that up on Sky after dark did you?

What have they actually promised?
  1. ICAC - That will happen - half the LNP will be in jail before the next election.
  2. Childcare - they'll do that
  3. Aged care - Colbeck is gone so that is good
  4. Wages - that will happen
  5. Foreign policy - they have already done more in 2 weeks than Morrison did in his whole time (which was a net negative amount)
Labor's main election promise was that Morrison is a campaigner.

What are all these "answers" you speak of?

for clarity:

There are also loads of examples of how assets are measured under existing tax laws at both state and federal level, so the framework is there and so to the legal precedence.

Why are you getting all emotional?

Just give us the deets of these tax laws at state and federal level that measure assets.
No need to get emotional

I'll pull you up on the concept of islamic banking, my old employer (HSBC) offered loans on this concept, no interest but the fees were variable and changed in line with interest rate movements, funnily enough they offered fixed or variable fees that were identical to the interest rates charged to non muslims :think:

was there joint title?

Why are you getting all emotional?

Just give us the deets of these tax laws at state and federal level that measure assets.
No need to get emotional

not emotional at all, can you please quote to support your claim?

I have provided you guidance included the tax framework and the legal precedence

but if you would link please find Transfer duty assessment

Last edited:
There should not be a wealth tax.

But everyone should pay fair and proper taxes on the income they make. Once they have done that they should not be taxed again.

Of course, rich people pay SFA tax. That is what needs to be fixed.

1) unfortunately we know that doesn't work. However we do know by adding a consumption tax, it becomes increasingly difficult to avoid taxes as it is easy for the ATO to cross reference check. Further by adding a wealth tax, there is an additional cross reference.

2) Increasing GST means we capture foreign businesses operating here in Oz and completely eliminate transfer pricing

3) the Henry review identified we have an over reliance on income tax.

4) exiting "wealth taxes" are transaction based which are inefficient and burden the ordinary rather than the wealthy

5) A well structured wealth tax results in guaranteeing the collection of a fair income tax rate

Remove this Banner Ad

Back