Opinion What do you think Ross will change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Fitness advantages tend to wear off by the middle of the season when all teams (barring injuries etc.) are basically completely match fit, and no clubs work on fitness during the season.

So being super fit does two things. 1. it allows clubs to have more effective preseasons by getting in more training, more match sim, more practice in general. 2. it can allow teams to snag a few extra wins in the first half of the year, simply by being fitter than their opponents.

I think number 2 was definitely a factor for us last year. There were a number of times we won matches from behind in the first half of the year, even though there really never was a discernible structure and I can't remember a single game where we looked strategically superior. Once the fitness advantage wore off, our non-structure was brutally exposed and we barely won another game.

Fitness advantages tend to wear off by the middle of the season when all teams (barring injuries etc.) are basically completely match fit, and no clubs work on fitness during the season.

So being super fit does two things. 1. it allows clubs to have more effective preseasons by getting in more training, more match sim, more practice in general. 2. it can allow teams to snag a few extra wins in the first half of the year, simply by being fitter than their opponents.

I think number 2 was definitely a factor for us last year. There were a number of times we won matches from behind in the first half of the year, even though there really never was a discernible structure and I can't remember a single game where we looked strategically superior. Once the fitness advantage wore off, our non-structure was brutally exposed and we barely won another game.
Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

I suspect, that was why I was so disappointed with the essendon game.

Wasn't Ross' first year 2012 where they came 7th and beat the reigning premiers in an elimination final?
Correct.

They went from finishing 11th in 2011 with 9 wins and a 83% to finishing 7th with 14 wins and 116% in 2012 in their first year under Lyon.

I like the idea of training sessions being really serious and not jokey like they were the last few years.

When you think about it how much time are you on the track a week? Six hours or so? It's not a lot of time and it should be systematic and taken extremely seriously. There are better times to joke around.

I like the idea of training sessions being really serious and not jokey like they were the last few years.

When you think about it how much time are you on the track a week? Six hours or so? It's not a lot of time and it should be systematic and taken extremely seriously. There are better times to joke around.
Should almost go without saying. But alas...

Train as you mean to play.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sharman has been very good, running really well, put on some size & looks energetic!
Was a beast in his running before christmas, filled right out.

Last 500 they ran, they started cousin greg 25 metres behind the pack and he beat them home by 30 or more metres.

the kent is a running machine.

Sharman has been very good, running really well, put on some size & looks energetic!
Great to hear because he has enormous upside IM(uneducated)O.

I agree, shouldn't that also apply to Lethlean though?
Agree
But has nothing to do with why I want SL gone
Has made a lot mistakes and done an ordinary job imo.
Couldn’t care who he is shagging

I'm going to have to move to France and tell myself I'm still a great supporter of the club
Hahaha ok mate, fair enough, I tried to be smartarse and got one back.

Don't play these games with me, I'm not really here for a rolling tit for tat snide comp with anyone. Life's way too short

Hahaha ok mate, fair enough, I tried to be smartarse and got one back.

Don't play these games with me, I'm not really here for a rolling tit for tat snide comp with anyone. Life's way too short
Don't initiate it then? 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back