What does your username mean?

Remove this Banner Ad

latin for 'ray'

Because I always liked the word and my first avatar had Farren Ray in it

193546-james-brayshaw.jpg

Was in the first ever GWS academy, back when there was only 10 or so in each age group from the major centres (Albury, Canberra Wagga, Western Sydney) rather than the millions that are in it now. After never making a rep team before I started letting everyone know how good I was for being 10cm taller than everyone else and was called GWS by my mates. Later it was shortened to Gee Dub.

I said it like Quiveer take out the v and your name sounds queer
That is fairly similar to how you would pronounce an Irish name that is confusingly spelt Caoimhe

It's pronounced with more of a "K" sound than a "Qu" but they are somewhat related sounds

Just something random that popped into my head as an eight year old when I first starting making accounts on the internet. Clearly related to my love for the NBA.

Mine is one of those long-forgotten schoolboy nicknames that evolved several times, to the point that its etymology is utterly esoteric. I believe it was my fifth or sixth attempt at a username - I wanted something that was a single word and easy to remember, so finding something that nobody had picked yet took a few goes.

If I'd known I would end up a moderator I probably would have gone with something that had fewer implications of dictatorial tendencies and general hubris.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was called Buddha as littley by my parents because I had a fat gut, no hair, and smiled a lot. To this day there are a few folks who have known me all my life who call me that.
Did you smile a lot? If so, things just got weird.

Shane Heard. 80s EFC Premiership player. Tough as nails, fitness fanatic, super tagger with killer instinct.

Unlike my real self of course.

Plugger is my favourite Saints player so was a natural choice as my username.

I didn't realise that Bigfooty was such a big forum though and there were already about 100 versions of Plugger already registered so I added my second favourite Saints player Robert Harvey's number (35) in a sheer stroke of genius.

Not a very creative username but I was drunk when I registered it so I wasn't going to come up with anything that required more than about a minute's thought.

When I was coming up with a name, I really didn't know what to pick at the time. So I just looked at my hands, then I thought of Super Man punching some bad guys. All the while I was watching something on TV and they had AK-47s.

And thus this username was born.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back