Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't really like the sleeves either, but it seems like majority of these pre season ones that people have got are long sleeve. I've seen another 4 or 5 that all are, so maybe being pre season (pretty hot in most parts of the country) they were never used or needed so they were the ones framed up and sold/auctioned. Both on mine are long sleeve and both look to never have been worn, brand new, no pilling, no marks or anything, so they were likely signed and framed straight away.

I imagine those cotton jumpers would make be pretty warm to run around in. Factor in warm weather and I can understand why players would rather not wear them.

I don't really like the sleeves either, but it seems like majority of these pre season ones that people have got are long sleeve. I've seen another 4 or 5 that all are, so maybe being pre season (pretty hot in most parts of the country) they were never used or needed so they were the ones framed up and sold/auctioned. Both on mine are long sleeve and both look to never have been worn, brand new, no pilling, no marks or anything, so they were likely signed and framed straight away.
I would really assume that they were used in 1995 at some stage, maybe not all the longsleeves. Yours definitely has the stitching marks from the 1995 afl logo.

I would really assume that they were used in 1995 at some stage, maybe not all the longsleeves. Yours definitely has the stitching marks from the 1995 afl logo.

Yeah that's true. Both this one and my navy one you can clearly see the normal AFL logo impression on the front, and the stitching on the inside of it. Do you reckon they would have just been 95 ones used for 96, or would they be ones made at the end of 95 / beginning of 96? Surely the club would have known that puma were coming out with the polyester ones well in advance, so these woolen ones are just 95's with the centenary badge on them.

I guess now we can claim they were match worn:D:D

My best guess is they held on to the old until the new arrived. Therefore they would be 95 jumpers. I know I have never seen a 95 jumper or sale anywhere. anyone here seen one?

My best guess is they held on to the old until the new arrived. Therefore they would be 95 jumpers. I know I have never seen a 95 jumper or sale anywhere. anyone here seen one?

I saw one a few moths back on Gumtree. It was a 95 royal, fully signed, but it had no number, well you couldn't see the number stitching anyway so I assume it had none. It had the eagle head stitched on not the felt type ones, so it was basically a player issue with no number?? Maybe made up specifically for a memorabilia piece?

There's no doubt that your jumpers are originally from the 1995 season. It's interesting that on the team 1996 poster, Kemp and Lyle are the only ones wearing guernseys with the centenary patch stitched in place of the regular AFL logo.

001_zps53b29fbe.jpg

There's no doubt that your jumpers are originally from the 1995 season. It's interesting that on the team 1996 poster, Kemp and Lyle are the only ones wearing guernseys with the centenary patch stitched in place of the regular AFL logo.

001_zps53b29fbe.jpg
The really bad green screen reminds me of this:

3932368.jpg

If that was the one for sale in ellenbrook. It wasn't a PI. NO NUMBER on the back. Which is the first case I have ever seen of a non PI stitched on eagle head. The bloke reckons he got it from a mate who was a player

Yeah that was the one, I enquired about it but from memory the guy wanted 1000 for it? You could see on the bigger pictures of it that there was no number. Very strange. Bit like that 06 home I got not long ago that had the eagles watermark throughout the guernsey, but no number.

What about little phil rolling the centenary shorts!

Centenary shorts - wouldn't they be a find!

As mentioned before, the pre-season centenarys haven't been too hard to track down. Peter Wilson retired from the AFL in 1995 but that didn't stop him from getting his hands on one!

The following image is from the 'Coats for a Cause' drive the club ran a few years ago:

WilsonPyke_zps6ef0793e.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can you gents help me with identifying my Ochre? How do we know if its the real deal.. Mine has numbers on the back and looks identical to a few i have seen on this thread?

Hopefully these work!

Attachments

• IMG_0692.jpg
    IMG_0692.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0695.jpg
    IMG_0695.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0697.jpg
    IMG_0697.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0698.jpg