Discussion What Footy Jumpers/Sports Uniforms Do You Own?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice pickups. Just one thing, Don't bag snipers auctions always are decided in the last 5 minutes
Oh yeah, it's definitely the reality of modern eBay that the last five minutes are the most active of many auctions. When somebody outbids me, if they are willing to pay more than me for something then all well and good. But when they do it at the very last second simply so I don't have the opportunity to decide if I or anyone else for that matter want it enough to pay a little more it, all they have done is deprived the seller of getting the price they deserve and the other bidders the chance to buy it after they have been doing things right by everyone else. When you think about it, are these guys any different to those people who steal your parking space when you have your indicators on and are half way into turning in?

View attachment 99957 View attachment 99958

Finally got a 90s Redbacks shirt like I've desired for ages! Been searching everywhere, ebay, gumtree, OP shops with no luck, then the other day my best mate found this at the back of his dads wardrobe! Absolutely stoked!

Are the RedBack and Mecantile Mutual logos embroidered into the shirt? If they are you've got yourself a player issue shirt.

Are the RedBack and Mecantile Mutual logos embroidered into the shirt? If they are you've got yourself a player issue shirt.

They are! Did the replicas for sale have printed logos?
That would make sense because one of their relatives used to work for the ACB or something and I've heard stories of them getting cricket stuff from him for christmas and stuff, none of them would have any idea what player issue is so they never would of enquired or anything.

EDIT: Just remembered I have this picture of the same era shirt in an old Rowe and Jarman catalogue I found inside an old newspaper a few months back, doesn't feature the Redbacks logo at all on the chest and the Mercantile Mutual patch is noticeably bigger and looks to be printed.
FullSizeRender.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, replicas only came with printed logos. Some of the replicas were also manufactured in China while the player issue stuff was made in Australia. I think the ISC items were made up in Sydney. Collars were also different on the player issue stuff, the construction resembles more of a business/formal type shirt than a standard polo.

Got given the teal Port Adelaide Pre-Season guernsey for my birthday on Boxing Day. Gee, it looks sooooo much better in person and the material is a massive improvement on previous years. It feels great.

Picture?? As the photos on the net are all crap
Yeah I'll take one when I get home. Not sure if any photo will do it justice but we'll see.

Hi Mate - I am culling my hawthorn jumper collection, if you are still chasing some send me an email to albie_f@hotmail.com and I can send you photos of my jumpers cheers albie

Thought this would be interesting, as we are all at least somewhat interested in the design of guernseys.

Right now I only have 5, I have more soccer shirts than AFL guernseys - mainly because they are easy and cheap to get over here but eh.

-----Eagles-----
2009 Home
2006 Away (Premiership Edition)
2007 Heritage (WA gold with black sash)
2009 Heritage (Yellow Peril)

-----Other AFL-----
South Melbourne (Sydney Heritage 09)

-----Other Sports-----
Australian Cricket ODI (Home/Green)
Australian Cricket ODI (Away/Gold)
Australian Cricket Test
Australian Rugby/Wallabies
Football Australia (Home/Gold)
Chelsea 08-09 Home (Blue)
Chelsea 08-09 Third (Yellow)
Chelsea 09-10 Third (White)
Southampton 08-09 Home
New England Patriots Home
Green Bay Packers Current Home

-----2010 Wishlist-----
Port Adelaide Home/Away
West Coast Eagles '10 Clash
Thought this would be interesting, as we are all at least somewhat interested in the design of guernseys.

Right now I only have 5, I have more soccer shirts than AFL guernseys - mainly because they are easy and cheap to get over here but eh.

-----Eagles-----
2009 Home
2006 Away (Premiership Edition)
2007 Heritage (WA gold with black sash)
2009 Heritage (Yellow Peril)

-----Other AFL-----
South Melbourne (Sydney Heritage 09)

-----Other Sports-----
Australian Cricket ODI (Home/Green)
Australian Cricket ODI (Away/Gold)
Australian Cricket Test
Australian Rugby/Wallabies
Football Australia (Home/Gold)
Chelsea 08-09 Home (Blue)
Chelsea 08-09 Third (Yellow)
Chelsea 09-10 Third (White)
Southampton 08-09 Home
New England Patriots Home
Green Bay Packers Current Home

-----2010 Wishlist-----
Port Adelaide Home/Away
West Coast Eagles '10 Clash
Re: What footy jumpers do you own? Part 3

Anyone have a really good Hawthorn collection that I can model mine off.

Please post pics.

I'm only starting out and have a limited collection but if anyone wants to get rid of any Hawks Guernseys let me know.
Where other than eBay and the hawthorn FC are good places to buy jumpers

I'm also keen to get some international cup, state of origin/ dream team or box Hill hawks Guernseys. Anything looking a little unusual really.
I saw someone had a jumper that looks like a suit. Where can I get one of those. It looked awesome. lol

For the Swans I only own 2 guernseys right now:
1) Home guernsey from 05-06
2) Indigenous guernsey from 2014
I have pre-ordered the 2015 Club Champions guernsey.

I am also a fan of the roosters in the NRL & my jersey collection stands at 7 at the moment. It has expanded because the roosters, and for that matter all the NRL clubs, have so many different jerseys throughout the year:

These are all retail. The framed 2013 jersey is signed by Anthony Minichiello. I have also pre-ordered this years members jersey and may get this years' ANZAC jersey too.

For the Swans I only own 2 guernseys right now:
1) Home guernsey from 05-06
2) Indigenous guernsey from 2014
I have pre-ordered the 2015 Club Champions guernsey.

I am also a fan of the roosters in the NRL & my jersey collection stands at 7 at the moment. It has expanded because the roosters, and for that matter all the NRL clubs, have so many different jerseys throughout the year:

These are all retail. The framed 2013 jersey is signed by Anthony Minichiello. I have also pre-ordered this years members jersey and may get this years' ANZAC jersey too.
BOO! Although congratulations on having some pre-SBW/2013 jerseys. That seems to be a rarity amongst your fans so it's good to see a dedicated, long term fan such as yourself. How come you haven't got any of the away jerseys? I find that the Roosters normally have a decent set of alternate kits

BOO! Although congratulations on having some pre-SBW/2013 jerseys. That seems to be a rarity amongst your fans so it's good to see a dedicated, long term fan such as yourself. How come you haven't got any of the away jerseys? I find that the Roosters normally have a decent set of alternate kits

Being a traditionalist at heart I've never been much of a fan of away jerseys. I'd only consider getting if in one year there weren't many other decent others. (I don't count the Club Championship guernsey as an away guernsey because it'll have my name & 1100 others on it). I've followed both the roosters & the swans since 2005 so in both instances they are my earliest jerseys/guernseys. But I've only began getting hard-core in getting jerseys in the last couple of years since both clubs have been producing more. The roosters had 10 last year whereas in 2005 they only had 3 and for many years the swans only had the one guernsey whereas both last year and this year they'll have three.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being a traditionalist at heart I've never been much of a fan of away jerseys. I'd only consider getting if in one year there weren't many other decent others. (I don't count the Club Championship guernsey as an away guernsey because it'll have my name & 1100 others on it). I've followed both the roosters & the swans since 2005 so in both instances they are my earliest jerseys/guernseys. But I've only began getting hard-core in getting jerseys in the last couple of years since both clubs have been producing more. The roosters had 10 last year whereas in 2005 they only had 3 and for many years the swans only had the one guernsey whereas both last year and this year they'll have three.
I've hated you bastards since before you followed them but if there's one thing I admire about your club it's how both of our clubs value our traditional kits. That said, I wouldn't be ashamed (if I were a Roosters fan) to own their away kits. You guys have lead the way in that respect for years, keeping a traditional and club-centred away kit to support the home kit. Not many other clubs have done that.

Footy

West Perth
Fremantle home
Fremantle away
St Kilda

NRL

St George
North Sydney
Western suburbs
Brisbane Broncos
Western Reds
NSW SOO

Soccer

West Ham home
Perth Glory away
Hajduk Split home
Hajduk Split away
Croatia 1998 WC blue strip
Croatia 2014 WC checkerboard
AIK Stockholm away
Sweden national yellow
Barcelona home
Irish national green
Panathinaikos home
Celtic home
Udinese home

Union

Wallabies 2003 WC

Hurling

Galway
Cork
Dublin

Baseball

Boston home
St Louis home

Ice Hockey

Swedish national

Cricket

Aussie 1979/81
Aussie 1992 WC
Aussie 1993/94 lightning strip
Whites ( worn whilst having a Saturday afternoon hack in the lower grades of the Perth Cricket Association )

New additions

Perth Wildcats

1994 CJ Bruton signed jersey

DSCN2722800x741_zpsb8d58f37.jpg

Bruton2_zps9f1e1c14.png

1995 Martin Cattalini signed jersey

DSCN2725800x487_zps11ba39ad.jpg

cattalini6800x312_zps2cc49827.jpg

1995 Anthony Stewart signed jersey

DSCN2724800x750_zps9b49e670.jpg

Stewart_zpsaad93e79.png

2003/04 Rashad Tucker signed & match worn jersey

DSCN2756800x752_zpsf5de94df.jpg

2788504_zps4dbde67c.jpg

Perth Glory

2005/06 Steve McMahon Jr. player issue shirt

DSCN2695800x649_zpsd9a13e91.jpg

55879856_zpsd2cd2a7f.jpg

2008/09 Josip Magdic player issue shirt

DSCN2696800x637_zps6515559a.jpg

2015 Australia Day shirt

DSCN2759800x636_zps90c275aa.jpg

West Coast Eagles

2009 Adam Hunter player issue guernsey

DSCN2711800x751_zpsda0de42d.jpg

050466-adam-hunter_zps6c262262.jpg

Last edited:
Not a jumper, but still stoked to get some, espicailly the old style ones.
View attachment 102318

(This is a just a pic I got off the net, same design, my number is much lower though:D)
Are you actually gonna use them? Or just have them in a pool room kind of thing fully of WCE gear?

Went through my wardrobes and found the following:

Aussie Rules
1992 WCE L/S
1995 WCE L/S
2002 WCE Away
2004 WCE Heritage
2008 WCE Home
2010 WCE Clash
2011 WCE 25th Anniversary yellow peril
2012 WCE Away (heat-pressed #69)
2012 WCE 20th Anniversary of 1992 Premiership
2013 WCE Away PI (Nic Naitanui #9)
2011 (I think) GC Away PI (Daniel Harris #21)
2012 Swan Districts Home

Cricket

2012 Australia ODI away
2013 Perth Scorchers

Hockey

1980 Team Finland dark (no name #10)
1993 Montreal Canadiens light
2009 Montreal Canadiens dark (Saku Koivu #11)
2009 Phoenix Coyotes dark
2009 Phoenix Coyotes third
2012 Calgary Flames light
2014 Boston Bruins dark (Zdeno Chara #33)
2014 Team Finland Olympics dark (ordered, not yet arrived)

Rugby
1989 Wanneroo
2007 NZ Rugby World Cup home
2011 NZ Warriors away
2013 NZ Home
2014 NZ Maori

Soccer

2010 Liverpool home
2010 Barcelona home
2010 England home

Think I got them all.

I work with a guy who played for the dogs bombers and North.
Early to mid nineties.
Finally got to talk to him today. And asked him had he collected any of his guernseys from his time playing footy.

"F... Loads" was the answer.

Spose everyone's definition of F loads is different.
But two red white blue expandable laundry bags full of those teams training jumpers, and Victorian rep jumpers from when he was in VFL and teal cup etc. there's probably be some gems in there.

Which has always made me think, could you just imagine what quality of jumper is sitting in some former players attics or shed or storage.

Phenomenal would be the quality me thinks

I work with a guy who played for the dogs bombers and North.
Early to mid nineties.
Finally got to talk to him today. And asked him had he collected any of his guernseys from his time playing footy.

"F... Loads" was the answer.

Spose everyone's definition of F loads is different.
But two red white blue expandable laundry bags full of those teams training jumpers, and Victorian rep jumpers from when he was in VFL and teal cup etc. there's probably be some gems in there.

Which has always made me think, could you just imagine what quality of jumper is sitting in some former players attics or shed or storage.

Phenomenal would be the quality me thinks

Who's he?

Hey Guys,
Anyone got any match worn acrylic VFL jumpers from the 70s 80s or 90s? I am cashed up and want to purchase any and all teams jumpers especially Nth Melbourne and Carlton ones. Will pay ridiculous prices. Inbox me with what you have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back