Remove this Banner Ad

neatagreen

Debutant
Jan 16, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Can anyone tell me where Ryan Bain is playing this season? He was a rookie delisted by Essendon after 1 season. He played Ok down at the Bendigo Bombers in 2005, not the worst by any means. Ryan and Ben Sharp were both rookied from the Oakleigh Chargers in the same year........looks like West Coast got a bargain on results so far but I would have thought that Bain was worth more than 1 season.

nah too lazy. did some good things, but did some things that really stood out, eg. borking a contest a couple of times. His Bendigo finals series when he played was also pretty poor.

I beleive we basically flipped a coin to pick between Sharp and Bain. Looks like it landed on the right side.

Sharp was super impressive in the WAFL last season and seems super keen on making it. I think he will be promoted by years end and could very easily play afew games this season.

I watched the Bendigo Bombers Reserves V Box Hill Hawks Reserves game and Bain started midfield and finished at full forward kicking 3 in a game that Box Hill won by 20 goals.Looked very unfit and I assumed he was playing with OP or something because of the way the Bombers used him.Bendigo's senior side had about 12 top ups at Geelong that day and he wasn't one of them.

he came from bulleen-templestowe, the club that my brother plays for.. never saw him play but heard sum great things about him.. also has a younger brother playing down there

He got on the darts and starting smashing discos, probably a better option, thats why he got delisted..

Tricky_Ricky2 said:
nah too lazy. did some good things, but did some things that really stood out, eg. borking a contest a couple of times. His Bendigo finals series when he played was also pretty poor.
played one game in the finals series and kicked 3 goals, was second best and got dropped the next week for AFL players...he's having a year off footy this year...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that juDDa, I hope he has another crack next year, he is far too good not to play somewhere decent.

i think you will find that he is having a year off footy because it was forced upon him after NO ONE showing any interest in him... he was arrogant, expected everthing to be delivered to him on a platter without working for it, and attitude in general STUNK to high heaven....

the bendigo reserves did get hammered a few times that mainly being because REGULARY there was up to 50% or even MORE of the team being made up of non bendigo listed players ie just ring ins from the local bendigo footy league etc....

in short, he is gone and was dropped from teams during year etc.. because his application was non existant...thats not to say the potential want there

Main Man said:
Yeah that is true, the rest of the AFL players probably have a bit more talent..
it had no relivance to talent mate...i could name heaps of players that u see at pubs and clubs that are on the darts and drink every single week mate...including heaps of the hawthorn players main man...
as to say he received no offers thats a bit silly dont u think?? ive talked to a number of clubs that are interested in him and have heard he was offered many contracts including one from port melbourne...
i think ul find he'll be running around a soccer park this year instead of a football ground..

Main Man said:
Yeah that is true, the rest of the AFL players probably have a bit more talent..
Why do i get the feeling you are a little jealous tyson, i mean main man. Is it possibly because he played for oakleigh, as you did, but he at least had the chance to play AFL whereas you didnt? Would that be the reason you are attacking him?

Main Man said:
He got on the darts and starting smashing discos, probably a better option, thats why he got delisted..

Correct. His attitude was very poor, smoking a pack at clubs was not the way to go, but unfortunately he did.

Main Man said:

Incorrect.

Having talent is useless if you arent mentally prepared and possess the wrong attitude.
I think Bain was very talented and would have made it, just had that special ability.
Was a way better player than Stanton but one thing Stanton had going for him was his work rate (runs all day!). The results are proof of what a sound mature mind and a desire to succeed can accomplish. Lets hope Bain gets his act together and gives it another go. A break may do him justice...

The Opposition said:
Why do i get the feeling you are a little jealous tyson, i mean main man. Is it possibly because he played for oakleigh, as you did, but he at least had the chance to play AFL whereas you didnt? Would that be the reason you are attacking him?

Nah Opposition, got over playing football a while ago mate, rather be doing what i said he was doing hence why i said probably the better option..

Hence more then Happy for Ryan Bain..

juDDa said:
when did you play for oakliegh tyson aka main man...??????

My name isnt Tyson, and i played for Oakleigh in 2003.. Came through the juniors at Oakleigh with Bainy and played in the Yara league juniors with him ect.. So know him well enough and still happen to see him out and about in melbourne on the odd occasion..

juDDa said:
so y u havin a crack at him if you know him?? lol
seems a bit odd to me mate...

I never was having a crack, just telling you people what happened to him, and just cause u know someone doesnt mean u can have a crack at them?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back