Preview What I'd like to see

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah that's the thing though. DeBoer, Mzungu, Suban were losing contests and coughing the ball up or missing shots, not making the distance
I think poor kicking is well down on the list of things Ross Lyon worries about. If he truly cared about elite kicking, Zac Dawson would not have played so many games in his seven years of coaching him.

What amazing is the opinion on this board.

It's not that Ross Lyon doesn't have what it takes to win a premiership, we don't have the talent (9 years coaching, best win-loss record in that time, zero premierships).
And it's not that Bond and Lloyd can't identify talent it's because ...

Is anything the fault of the club?

Or is it just umpires/media/AFL/West Coast that conspire against us? (aka loser talk)

Sweet pharking Jesus, Silent Alarm , I've tried my hardest to be nice, but posting s**t like that on the main board is way, way too far.

If you want to be a dickhead and pot the club like that, then you really should consider your position as a supporter and brace yourself for some blowback.

Just pathetic.
The circle jerk of this board expressly forbids such opinions.

I think poor kicking is well down on the list of things Ross Lyon worries about. If he truly cared about elite kicking, Zac Dawson would not have played so many games in his seven years of coaching him.

That's just ridiculous and a cheap shot.

The list of fullbacks who couldn't kick to save themselves is long and distinguished.

What amazing is the opinion on this board.

It's not that Ross Lyon doesn't have what it takes to win a premiership, we don't have the talent (9 years coaching, best win-loss record in that time, zero premierships).
And it's not that Bond and Lloyd can't identify talent it's because ...

Is anything the fault of the club?

Or is it just umpires/media/AFL/West Coast that conspire against us? (aka loser talk)

These premiership thingys...they're just so easy to win.

AFL 360 post Grand Final wrap up:

An already bleary eyed Robbo "... after a season like that you really can't help but make comparisons between Taberner and Gunston can you, I mean which would you put in your side, now, after what we've just seen today?"

Gerard: "Well, of course its..."

Robbo: "And APEness! Where the **** were Freo hiding him last year?"

Tickertape: Foxtel appologises for the language of its presenters

Gerard: "I think maybe inju..."

Robbo: "I'm sorry Gerard and I'm gonna let you finish but of course Pavlich... Aint this story still all about the Pavlich."

I'd like to see that, in fact I'd get foxtel back in just to watch it.

Last edited:
Nah, we've been doing it for a while, despite the whining
You get hounded by the peasantry for expressing opinions against the general trend and put on ignore by the timid. The board has slowly evolved into a giant echo chamber - it's Dockerland for the stupid.

Sweet pharking Jesus, Silent Alarm , I've tried my hardest to be nice, but posting s**t like that on the main board is way, way too far.

If you want to be a dickhead and pot the club like that, then you really should consider your position as a supporter and brace yourself for some blowback.

Just pathetic.

Keep reading it gets better, even ol mate gravy/clay/sprocket/whatever he has reincarnated himself as this year, sticks the boots into the club, the coaches, the list managers and fellow posters on this board.

Just look for the key word that he uses to describe posters on here, Morons.

Set us up beautifully for all the other clubs to pot us,

That's just ridiculous and a cheap shot.

The list of fullbacks who couldn't kick to save themselves is long and distinguished.
In the modern era, how many full backs are there that kick as poorly as Dawson?

These premiership thingys...they're just so easy to win.
They aren't, of course. That's why there are 20+ coaches for every premiership coach. Most premiership coaches have worse win-loss records than Lyon. Why is that? Why has Clarkson lost more games than Lyon, for instance?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the modern era, how many full backs are there that kick as poorly as Dawson?

They aren't, of course. That's why there are 20+ coaches for every premiership coach. Most premiership coaches have worse win-loss records than Lyon. Why is that? Why has Clarkson lost more games than Lyon, for instance?

Define the modern era.

I could go back to Danny Frawley and work forward if you like?

Clarkson is a genius, I would never deny that. He is also at a club that has no issue recruiting quality, plug and play players. That is a massive advantage.

Does his game plan hold up under finals pressure better than Lyon's?

There is a strong argument that says yes, however with just an ounce or two of luck for Lyon coached teams, we wouldn't be drawing this comparison.

The secret to our success so far has been the midfield and this certainly goes up a notch next year. Fundamentally have lost no one - the Griffin/Sandi pairing is sound, the younger guys will have another pre-season under their belt and Bennell gives scoring punch and pushes a lower ranked mid out.

Defence is sound, Dawson will negate and Ibbo, MJ, Spurr, Sutcliffe are a very solid back group and Luke was done this year, integrate Alex Pearce and the defensive mind set of the team means no ones kicking bags on us on a regular basis.

Nothing surer in my mind that Matt Taberner is going to breakout in 2016 or 17 and the catalyst for doing this might just be Pavlich not going around again. Tabs works extremely hard and if he can start to clunk em - I'm banking on 1.2-1.5 goals a season. We've got a great bunch of smalls - just going to invent a 2nd tall for competition or structure up with Fyfe which while not ideal .....will create huge match up problems for teams with traditional defensive structures.

The key to us is in a core group of players who are just outright better than most Fyfe, Walters, Sandilands and Spurr ( on courage) - we're just too good not to be there about a again.

Long pre-season ahead and we need to just split some of the 50/50 questions ....can Harley embrace the culture and become the complete footballer?, Morra - can he?, Sherridan - inspired or heart broken? Grey/Weller/Langdon/Smith - can they push up? Will the real Slim Mayney please stand up or alternatively **** off? Draft - who knows maybe SnapWeiner releases Alex Pearce?

I find the panic stations a tad amusing - we are going to be thereabouts next year .....enjoy the ride, there are no guarantees in this game.

I'm surprised you did not get a week ban. Let's face it, we made it to the second last match of the season only to get beaten by a team that will go down historically as one of the greatest teams ever.
What do you call a group of ' chicken littles '?
Freo bigfooty atm .

You get hounded by the peasantry for expressing opinions against the general trend and put on ignore by the timid. The board has slowly evolved into a giant echo chamber - it's Dockerland for the stupid.

Specifically targeted at the likes of you, peppy.

You poor dears.

Keep goin champ you're on fire

Define the modern era.

I could go back to Danny Frawley and work forward if you like?

Clarkson is a genius, I would never deny that. He is also at a club that has no issue recruiting quality, plug and play players. That is a massive advantage.

Does his game plan hold up under finals pressure better than Lyon's?

There is a strong argument that says yes, however with just an ounce or two of luck for Lyon coached teams, we wouldn't be drawing this comparison.
Past 10 years at a minimum. Talking about Scarlett, Taylor, Lake, etc. All better uses of the ball than Dawson. Dawson is a defender in the Martyn/Dunkley mould. BTW this is not an anti-Dawson rant, I think he's our best KPD and would not drop him at this point, but his continued use by Lyon suggests Lyon is not so much concerned by his ball use.

Also I don't buy the luck argument, most premiership coaches in history have at least one win where there was a significant gap in scoreline between them and their opponent.

One different bounce of a Milne kick and StK wins instead of going to a replay.
Yeah but how many premiership coaches in history have had their 'premiership winning coach' status defined by luck?

Roos, Worsfold, and Longmire are the only three.

Those like Clarkson, Malthouse, Thompson - in fact, most premiership coaches in history - have won at least one premiership where there was significant scoreline difference to their opponent.

Last edited:
Yeah but how many premiership coaches in history have had their 'premiership winning coach' status defined by luck?

Roos, Worsfold, and Longmire are the only three.

Those like Clarkson, Malthouse, Thompson - in fact, most premiership coaches in history - have won at least won premiership where there was significant scoreline difference to their opponent.

Yeah, I'm not defining Lyon, but I don't think that he's had the rub of the green too often either. I think most rational people agree that a certain amount of luck is prevalent in any successful endeavour in life.

I don't think that Roos, Worsfold, and Longmire reflect on how lucky they were, but acknowledge that it played its part.

Actually, clogged will fit right into Dockerland.

And the St Kilda board. He can start a thread about how s**t our coach is and that they were right all along.

And the Eagles board. Where he can take potshots at how s**t our admin and drafting are and pump up how they've gotten it so much better.

I don't see how calling out the handwringing and injecting reason into the hysteria is meant to be synonymous to being stupid.

People whining about being shouted down for a negative opinion calling people who make counter arguments to theirs morons smacks of hypocrisy and, yes, a good dose of idiocy.

Last edited:
I don't buy the luck argument, most premiership coaches in history have at least one win where there was a significant gap in scoreline between them and their opponent.

One of the greatest coaches in history, the legendary Alan Jeans, won a single solitary premiership by one dodgy point throughout a 16 year coaching career at St Kilda with a list Ross Lyon could only dream of.

One of the greatest coaches in history, the legendary Alan Jeans, won a single solitary premiership by one dodgy point throughout a 16 year coaching career at St Kilda with a list Ross Lyon could only dream of.
And how did he go at his second club?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back