What is a pass mark in 2016?

Remove this Banner Ad

Quarters won >>> wins...even though an increase in quarters won usually equates to wins.

A lot of our 7 wins in 2014 came from 1 or 2 great quarters, with only the Pies' thumping a 4 quarter win.

We actually won 2 matches by winning only a quarter: North (4pts) + Melbourne (23pts).
Think against the Bulldogs in 14 we won tge second quarter easily and the 3rd by about a point and lost the other 2 quarters

not save the worst performances for the bummers and eddies lot would be a good start

and not to lose to scumton would be great as well

Also just some stats on quaters we won this year. 1st quarters 9 2nd quarters 5 3rd quarters 8 4th quarters 5.

This makes sense with the age of our group, 2nd & 4th qtrs come after a short break and seem to always be when the blowouts occur.

Staying focused during these periods and winning 10 of each qtr is my pass mark for the year.

If we start to win contested possession in more than 50% of the games and improve disposal efficiency by 5 - 10%, the rest will start to take care of itself.

Play for 4 quarters every week.

I'm sick of giving the competition a head start in the first and then letting them kick away in the 4th. Just give me a solid performance the entire game. The win / loss ratio will start to correct itself if we're competitive for more than half a game.

I also want more free Quarter Pounders.

This is what I'd like to see:
  • Chairman of the board keeps his mouth shut about re-locating the Lions to Springfield
  • The Lambert's stop the "Go Home" factor and we don't loose a young gun
  • We have more players on the field for longer - the Medical team has improved
  • A key forward steps up
  • 8 to 10 games won
  • 5% or less player turnover at the end of the year
  • I can afford a beer and a pie for under $10 at the Gabba
  • Crowd averages 22,000 and season ticket holders increase

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After hearing what Rockliff said about this is the year the club breals through, I would be delighted if the club were in that group of 6-13th place who are fighting it out for those final positions amd certainly wouldn't be out of the qustion if we fielded our best 22 (or close to it) week in week out.

So as a pass mark I wouldn't really say it is about how many wins we get, I'd say like many others before me it would be the playing group signifacantly improving as a whole.

Don't think there's a hope that we'll meet this metric as it'd mean only 1.9 senior list changes, when according to AFL rules you need to make at least three.

• Chairman of the board keeps his mouth shut about re-locating the Lions to Springfield
  • The Lambert's stop the "Go Home" factor and we don't loose a young gun
  • We have more players on the field for longer - the Medical team has improved
  • A key forward steps up
  • 8 to 10 games won
  • I can afford a beer and a pie for under $10 at the Gabba
  • Crowd averages 22,000 and season ticket holders increase
1. chairman hasn't mentioned springfield for a while i think?
2. since the go home 5 off season it has stopped, the loss of young guns has been no worse than most other teams, and nearly all departures have been amicable.
3. luck has a bit to do with this. i know damian austin is on board but medical team? they don't get spoken of much have the doctor/physio staff changed?
4. totally agree. josh walker best chance of this. jonathan freeman and michael close also a chance, looking likely at the training sessions i have been to. josh schache would be a very unexpected bonus if he steps up, very few key forwards have ever done it in a first season.
5. with a good injury run especially with experienced keys dan merrett and josh walker along with key mids stefan martin, dayne beams, tom rockliff, pearce hanley i think 8 to 10 wins is realistic. if a few of these have extended injury breaks i think we are in trouble win loss wise in 2016.
6. would be elated if we could keep it to 10% player turnover, 4 or 5 players.
7. we are dreaming:cry:
8. if we play well early and don't get thumped 22,000 average is within reach. most casual observers of sport in south east qld are bandwagon jumpers (which i have no problem with, we might convert a few).

I would think 7-8 wins will be a pass. But what would really like is to take a big scalp like a hawthorn freo or sydney to show our best is good enough.

Rerurn of the 'Gabbatoir' would be great. Saw it happening in second half of 2014 so it's definitely possible. Hawks scalp would be immense, but not likely so 2-3 top 8 teams would work nicely....

• Chairman of the board keeps his mouth shut about re-locating the Lions to Springfield AGREE
  • The Lambert's stop the "Go Home" factor and we don't loose a young gun AGREE
  • We have more players on the field for longer - the Medical team has improved AGREE
  • A key forward steps up AGREE. MAYBE A COUPLE STEP UP & EVEN MAYBE A COUPLE OF YOUNG GUNS AS WELL.
  • 8 to 10 games won AGREE
  • 5% or less player turnover at the end of the year AGREE
  • I can afford a beer and a pie for under $10 at the Gabba PROBABLY NOT! HOT BEER & COLD PIE.
  • Crowd averages 22,000 and season ticket holders increase PROBABLY NOT AGAIN

Remove this Banner Ad

Back