What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bit of a whinge about Stringer dumping someone, but no mention of Thomas's sling-tackle on Griff :rolleyes:
1. It is written by a Richmond supporter (who is extremely positive towards the dogs in this article)
2. It wasn't a whinge about the tackle, it was a call for the Tigers to show more fight.
I hope you took more out of reading this article than just that.

Bit of a whinge about Stringer dumping someone, but no mention of Thomas's sling-tackle on Griff :rolleyes:
No you've taken it out of context. He was only saying when Stringer dumped Ellis (or whoever it was) they should have rallied around Ellis, implicitly like Libba did for Griff when he jumped on top of Thomas.

I don't think he was whinging much about the Stringer tackle. Unnecessary, yes, but just a regular part of footy.

http://j.mp/1qE8veL
Seriously this kid just gets better and better! The courage to tell a senior teammate that he has done something wrong, knowing his deficiencies and going out of his way to fix them! I was a huge fan last year but my love is growing stronger by the day! Superstar!

http://j.mp/1qE8veL
Seriously this kid just gets better and better! The courage to tell a senior teammate that he has done something wrong, knowing his deficiencies and going out of his way to fix them! I was a huge fan last year but my love is growing stronger by the day! Superstar!
I don't think you could find a dog's supporter who doesn't love this kid.

I don't think you could find a dog's supporter who doesn't love this kid.
There were a few doubters at the start of this year but that's all changed now except for a couple of usual exceptions. I love how quick he is to learn!

For the second week in a row on the Age websites 'vote for the player of the round' section where each game for the round has one nominee that you can vote for, the Bulldogs are the only winning team to not have a nominee. Fair enough last week with Cotchin the standout, but surely Boyd or one of our boys was better than Giles??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the second week in a row on the Age websites 'vote for the player of the round' section where each game for the round has one nominee that you can vote for, the Bulldogs are the only winning team to not have a nominee. Fair enough last week with Cotchin the standout, but surely Boyd or one of our boys was better than Giles??

The probably didn't even bother to see who won our game. Poor form @The Age Newspaper

These are the votes from the Age

GWS v WESTERN BULLDOGS
(David Polkinghorne)

Jonathan Giles (GWS) 9
Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs) 9
Jack Macrae (Western Bulldogs) 7
Stewart Crameri (Western Bulldogs) 8
Liam Jones (Western Bulldogs) 7

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/age-footballer-of-the-year-round-4-votes-20140413-36lqz.html#ixzz2ypR9dw00

I wouldn't be that upset the media where always going to pump up GWS performance win lose or draw.
Seriously IF you look at the media about the game you would think that we either stole victory by a kick or we got slaughtered by 1000 points so it's no biggie for mine.
The AFL franchises need the media pump up more than us IMO. We just need to keep our heads down and work our backsides off, we've still got a long way to go with our rebuild.

These are the votes from the Age

GWS v WESTERN BULLDOGS
(David Polkinghorne)

Jonathan Giles (GWS) 9
Matthew Boyd (Western Bulldogs) 9
Jack Macrae (Western Bulldogs) 7
Stewart Crameri (Western Bulldogs) 8
Liam Jones (Western Bulldogs) 7

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/age-footballer-of-the-year-round-4-votes-20140413-36lqz.html#ixzz2ypR9dw00

I wouldn't be that upset the media where always going to pump up GWS performance win lose or draw.
Seriously IF you look at the media about the game you would think that we either stole victory by a kick or we got slaughtered by 1000 points so it's no biggie for mine.
The AFL franchises need the media pump up more than us IMO. We just need to keep our heads down and work our backsides off, we've still got a long way to go with our rebuild.

Macca? Is that you?
If it is, you forgot to use the word 'hellbent'. :p

The Age journo present was actually a Canberra Times sports writer, David Polkinghorne who is OK. It's legit because they are all in the same Fairfax stable but he's a one-off caster of votes in the Age awards so who knows if he uses the same yardstick to assess best players?

Like Trent, I'm not too fussed about it, although we do see a fair bit of it being Doggies supporters. It's refreshing to see commentators not feeling obliged to give BoG to a player on the winning side. As long as they are even-handed about it, I think that's fine.

I didn't really think Giles was that good. I mean Mumford went down pre game and he did pretty well against Minson but still...
More to the fact that he was out rucking minno in hits to advantage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back