What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why people say Macca was far better in interviews
Most of Maccas interviews made me want to grab a pillow & fall asleep, with the exception of one that he did
where again, he still waffled on quite a bit
Yeah agreed, Bev might not be the most polished speaker and he understandably doesn't want to talk us up too much at this stage but there's just such a difference between him and Maccas interviews, he actually gives you something. Maccas press conferences were boring and uninspiring but I loved hearing his philosophies on football.

Love listening to my boy talk, but * me the questions could do with some work. He gets rolled out the same garbage questions very time. Someone ask him about him, his childhood, anything, stop asking about the money and why the Dogs. I have no issue with the questions being asked, just not 150 times at the exclusion of everything else.
Was really ordinary when the journo whoever he was pressed him on the draft and whether it works.

Yeah agreed, Bev might not be the most polished speaker and he understandably doesn't want to talk us up too much at this stage but there's just such a difference between him and Maccas interviews, he actually gives you something. Maccas press conferences were boring and uninspiring but I loved hearing his philosophies on football.
Unfortunately he pulled the wool over our eyes with his philosophies though because his rein at the club turned into a disaster. He lost the players and we were/are in real danger in losing a lot more if he had stayed on ..... at the start of the season we had 16 players whose contracts expire at the end of the season. Here hoping Beveridge can enthuse these guys to play on.

Interesting article on the AFL website today regarding Jones and why he left the club ....... because Brendan McCartney simply would not give him a game. Cant blame him for leaving and I hope it doesn't bite us on the backside, otherwise it will be another negative impact the McCartney era had on our club.

Love listening to my boy talk, but * me the questions could do with some work. He gets rolled out the same garbage questions very time. Someone ask him about him, his childhood, anything, stop asking about the money and why the Dogs. I have no issue with the questions being asked, just not 150 times at the exclusion of everything else.
They should send him down to RSN for that Pride of the West show.

They've had Redpath, Honeychurch & Hunter on recently, among others, and the interviews have been excellent.

It's so much more interesting when a bit of background research has been done by the hosts.

Interesting article on the AFL website today regarding Jones and why he left the club ....... because Brendan McCartney simply would not give him a game. Cant blame him for leaving and I hope it doesn't bite us on the backside, otherwise it will be another negative impact the McCartney era had on our club.

I was, and still am - a Jones supporter. Whether he'd get a game in our current new look forward structure - with Boyd, Redpath, Crameri, Stringer, Bontempelli, Grant, Dickson - is an interesting question.

But at the time last year, I was sorry he'd left, as I thought he could have been a successful foil for Boyd.

But to complain about not getting a game after a performance when the guys selling pies in the stand had more impact than Jones did - boggles the mind....

But the communication would also appear to have been an issue that could have been better handled...

I was, and still am - a Jones supporter. Whether he'd get a game in our current new look forward structure - with Boyd, Redpath, Crameri, Stringer, Bontempelli, Grant, Dickson - is an interesting question.

But at the time last year, I was sorry he'd left, as I thought he could have been a successful foil for Boyd.

But to complain about not getting a game after a performance when the guys selling pies in the stand had more impact than Jones did - boggles the mind....

But the communication would also appear to have been an issue that could have been better handled...
If Jones didn't know why he wasn't getting a game at the end of last year then he really is as dumb as his nickname (LJizz) suggests.
I think it's a convenient excuse.

It's one thing to complain about not being given a game, it's another to complain about finally having to work for your spot for the first time in your career.

If Jones didn't know why he wasn't getting a game at the end of last year then he really is as dumb as his nickname (LJizz) suggests.
I think it's a convenient excuse.

There has been some none-too-subtle 're-writing' of history in the media this year, particularly with regards to Griff, Jones and Higgins.... No focus on their character shortcomings and lack of loyalty, work ethic and gratitude for the club that gave them so much....

I just wanted to point out a discrepancy in some reporting relating to AFL clubs games experience.

It was put up on the champion data study on the AFL website today, and is commonly reported that we are the second least experienced list in the AFL behind GWS with an average of 46.7 and 43.8 games experience respectively.

But these figures don’t take into consideration the fact that GWS has 6 extra players on their list.

If you were to remove the 6 least likely players off their list, the game average jumps to 50.4, significantly higher than our 46.7. Even if you were to make the assumption that Addison with his 93 games of experience was one of the 6 cut, the average would still be 48 games experience.

It’s not a big deal but I just thought I would point out that we are actually according to regulation list sizes, the least experienced team in the AFL.

I just wanted to point out a discrepancy in some reporting relating to AFL clubs games experience.

It was put up on the champion data study on the AFL website today, and is commonly reported that we are the second least experienced list in the AFL behind GWS with an average of 46.7 and 43.8 games experience respectively.

But these figures don’t take into consideration the fact that GWS has 6 extra players on their list.

If you were to remove the 6 least likely players off their list, the game average jumps to 50.4, significantly higher than our 46.7. Even if you were to make the assumption that Addison with his 93 games of experience was one of the 6 cut, the average would still be 48 games experience.

It’s not a big deal but I just thought I would point out that we are actually according to regulation list sizes, the least experienced team in the AFL.
There's also inconsistency between different articles etc, partially due to incompetency, partially due to errors and partially because some people include rookie lists and others don't. It's hard to look too far into media-given stats as they often don't provide enough information to draw conclusions from (sometimes because they don't really understand, but mostly because they're trying to clutch at whatever stat they think supports them the most). Doesn't really matter who's less experienced/younger anyway - our list is extremely inexperienced no matter which way you cut it. Besides, at the end of the day it's not the list that matters with these stats - it's the team you put out on the park. I don't know for sure but I would imagine the side GWS plays this weekend would be more experienced than the side we play.

There's also inconsistency between different articles etc, partially due to incompetency, partially due to errors and partially because some people include rookie lists and others don't. It's hard to look too far into media-given stats as they often don't provide enough information to draw conclusions from (sometimes because they don't really understand, but mostly because they're trying to clutch at whatever stat they think supports them the most). Doesn't really matter who's less experienced/younger anyway - our list is extremely inexperienced no matter which way you cut it. Besides, at the end of the day it's not the list that matters with these stats - it's the team you put out on the park. I don't know for sure but I would imagine the side GWS plays this weekend would be more experienced than the side we play.
Yeah, I don't think looking at average game experience is an accurate way of evaluating it anyway.

I think looking at each teams spread of experience is a truer indication.
I might whack something together if i get the time.

Unfortunately, as yet Tom hasn't done anything interview-worthy, other than being signed to a lowly club for a truckload of money.

2009 was the year that we let slip. We should have beaten Geelong both times in the H&A except for Johno's miss for goal after the siren. We should have beaten Geelong in that final, instead we took the hard path and had to play the Saints leaving the Cats as fresh as a daisy while the Saints and us slogged it out. It cost the Saints the premiership that year as well.
2009 was the year that we let slip. We should have beaten Geelong both times in the H&A except for Johno's miss for goal after the siren. We should have beaten Geelong in that final, instead we took the hard path and had to play the Saints leaving the Cats as fresh as a daisy while the Saints and us slogged it out. It cost the Saints the premiership that year as well.

I always found it interesting that the teams that beat us in those three Preliminary Finals all went on to lose the Grand Final. They were all tough games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

YOUR CLUB’S ELITE PLAYERS IN 2015

Adelaide Eddie Betts, Patrick Dangerfield, Sam Jacobs, Rory Sloane, Brodie Smith, Daniel Talia

Brisbane Lions Dayne Beams, Tom Rockliff, Dayne Zorko

Carlton Kade Simpson, Chris Yarran

Collingwood Scott Pendlebury

Essendon Michael Hibberd, Cale Hooker, Jobe Watson

Fremantle Nat Fyfe, Michael Johnson, Aaron Sandilands, Michael Walters

Geelong Jimmy Bartel, Corey Enright, Joel Selwood, Harry Taylor

Gold Coast Gary Ablett, Harley Bennell, Nick Malceski

Greater Western Sydney Ryan Griffen

Hawthorn Grant Birchall, Luke Breust, Shaun Burgoyne, Josh Gibson, Jack Gunston, Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Matt Suckling

Melbourne Nil

North Melbourne Nick Dal Santo, Todd Goldstein, Brent Harvey

Port Adelaide Travis Boak, Robbie Gray, Justin Westhoff, Chad Wingard

Richmond Brett Deledio, Shane Edwards, Alex Rance, Jack Riewoldt

St Kilda
Nil

Sydney Swans Lance Franklin, Kieren Jack, Josh Kennedy

West Coast Shannon Hurn, Josh Kennedy, Mark LeCras, Eric Mackenzie, Nic Naitanui

Western Bulldogs Robert Murphy

If the bold are 'elite' surely a few of our young guys are being ripped off by not being on this list, namely Macrae and Libba. I would also consider Morris an elite stopper, he would slot into every backline in the competition.

Adelaide Eddie Betts, Patrick Dangerfield, Sam Jacobs, Rory Sloane, Brodie Smith, Daniel Talia

Hawthorn Grant Birchall, Luke Breust, Shaun Burgoyne, Josh Gibson, Jack Gunston, Cyril Rioli, Jarryd Roughead, Matt Suckling

Melbourne Nil

St Kilda
Nil

West Coast Shannon Hurn, Josh Kennedy, Mark LeCras, Eric Mackenzie, Nic Naitanui

If the bold are 'elite' surely a few of our young guys are being ripped off by not being on this list, namely Macrae and Libba. I would also consider Morris an elite stopper, he would slot into every backline in the competition.

And they couldn't find room for Riewoldt or N.Jones either. This person obviously knows nothing about football.

Melbourne Nil

St Kilda
Nil

I know it's not your list, but it's a rubbish one. I know it's a statistical basis list, but it's still s**t.....

I hate NRoo with a passion, but if he's not still an elite KPF - insert appropriate silly option here...... Same with Jones for Melbourne....

Somebody help me understand why Shane Edwards is listed as elite but Nick Riewoldt isn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back