What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Terry Wallace and Nathan Brown over the past week I've gotta say they still love the Bulldogs. Wallace has been invited back to the club in the past few years but Brown has never been back.

I think it's time that we open our arms as a club and welcome them both back in a very public way - Peter Gordon should make efforts to build the bridges to allow them to openly be associated with our club and be known forever as Bulldogs people.

The club being 'haters' doesn't sit well with me.

Agreed, the more friends that the club has in the football world, the better

Listening to Terry Wallace and Nathan Brown over the past week I've gotta say they still love the Bulldogs. Wallace has been invited back to the club in the past few years but Brown has never been back.

I think it's time that we open our arms as a club and welcome them both back in a very public way - Peter Gordon should make efforts to build the bridges to allow them to openly be associated with our club and be known forever as Bulldogs people.

While I'm here, I'll add my 2 cents worth on this.

The very second I knew Richmond had stopped being a basketcase was when Kevin Bartlett publicly came back to the club.

While I'm here, I'll add my 2 cents worth on this.

The very second I knew Richmond had stopped being a basketcase was when Kevin Bartlett publicly came back to the club.

Nice. Thanks mate. :thumbsu:

Game vs Gold Coast on at 7:00am tomorrow on Fox Footy, great way to kick off a Friday with a bit of toast & coffee! I do believe Griff was a late withdrawal in this game too so extra bonus :p

When Plough was welcomed back, it felt good to me. He dragged us into some of my greatest moments (and tragedies) as a fan.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice robust discussion. The dogs HAVE been building for 3 years. The midfield and now the forward line look settled. The backline is the only thing that needs tinkering.

Having our own VFL team also helped "build" the team.

What the dogs need now is to build depth through the PSD, Rookie and National Draft...and then get a coach/s who can be the "relationship" type.

What I liked about the segment was Schwarz talking about good leadership by senior players. It makes a lot of sense.

Nice robust discussion. The dogs HAVE been building for 3 years. The midfield and now the forward line look settled. The backline is the only thing that needs tinkering.

Having our own VFL team will bring the new players in to learn the NEW gameplan by the new coach.

What the dogs need now is to build depth through the PSD, Rookie and National Draft...and then get a coach/s who can be the "relationship" type.
indeed, robo being his usual self, shwaza giving him some back though in our defence, was a good argument, but as usual, i don't agree with Robo because a lot of his 'angst' about the dogs is nothing to do with boyd but the fear that we will become a power. this is what scares all of them, so they knock what we do no matter how we do it. I love their pain, i bathe in their anguish, and i will find utpoia as they cry themselves to sleep when we win a threepeat, followed by laughing myself to torpor when half a dozen teams start paying 2 million per year for number ones because that's how the dogs buid a wunderteam... * em all.

EDIT; and just to add, robo saying we only have 3 good players, dik head, we have a dozen good players, and now we spend big for a kingpin to keep them all at the Kennel. Boyd is so important to use in so many facets it's crazy.

I'm absolutely staggered that so many "experts" can't see what we're doing here. We're not sighing Boyd and thinking he's the answer. Not at all. Key forwards are just harder to get so you have to pay what you have to pay. But we are building an arsenal of kids that will form the core of our next tilt. No idea how they can't see it. Robbo should be worried about us coming for his golden boy Carlisle this time next year.

I'm absolutely staggered that so many "experts" can't see what we're doing here. We're not sighing Boyd and thinking he's the answer. Not at all. Key forwards are just harder to get so you have to pay what you have to pay. But we are building an arsenal of kids that will form the core of our next tilt. No idea how they can't see it. Robbo should be worried about us coming for his golden boy Carlisle this time next year.
He is Fronk, thats the quiver in his voice... not sure which chin, but one of them is feeling it

People don't like the dogs and think we are getting ahead of ourselves, we should hide in the corner like good little whipping boys and let our betters do their things. Cant see the forest though the trees, we will hit them hard soon and then they will look back and go awwww, thats what they were doing, those cheeky bastards.

If Monty has a good relationship with the players (young and old, but especially the younger ones) and can build on the current plan, I'd be okay with him taking over.

Cannot just give him the job. We need to look at all the candidates - we have make the right decision.

As for Slobbo, promise me somebody will ring him up and slam him when he's next on SEN? Don't put up with him constantly talking s*** about our club. Take the fat twerp to task.

Cannot just give him the job. We need to look at all the candidates - we have make the right decision.

As for Slobbo, promise me somebody will ring him up and slam him when he's next on SEN? Don't put up with him constantly talking s*** about our club. Take the fat twerp to task.
Yeah of course, huge decision for the club. I'm probably liking Tudor the most from what I've heard so far. Just feel like none of the available options are really perfect for us at this stage though tbh, but I guess I don't know enough about them to really judge.

Rookie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back