Society & Culture What would you do thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

What would you do if you cant take another day at your job? I'm talking about a committed full-time job, not a casual job stacking shelves or shoveling s**t. Has anyone had the balls to just up and leave and not come back?

Seriously thinking about it now. I hate the whole process of resigning and giving notice - I just want to leave everything at work and not deal with having to talk to my manager. Just write a quick email saying I'm not coming back. My contract says I have to give notice, but what's gonna happen?

What would you do if you cant take another day at your job? I'm talking a full-time job, not a casual job stacking shelves or shoveling s**t. Has anyone had the balls to just up and leave and not come back?

Seriously thinking about it now. But I hate the whole process of resigning - I just want to leave everything at work and not deal with having to talk to my manager. Just write a quick email saying Im not coming back. My contract says I have to give notice, but whats gonna happen?
They don't have to pay you out for any leave you may have if you don't give adequate notice, do they?

What would you do if you cant take another day at your job? I'm talking about a committed full-time job, not a casual job stacking shelves or shoveling s**t. Has anyone had the balls to just up and leave and not come back?

Seriously thinking about it now. I hate the whole process of resigning and giving notice - I just want to leave everything at work and not deal with having to talk to my manager. Just write a quick email saying I'm not coming back. My contract says I have to give notice, but what's gonna happen?

That's pretty dumb man, you never want to burn a bridge. No matter how much they might be a campaigner, always give a written letter in person and wish them all the best, even if you don't mean it.

Though a part of me would love to go out with a bang once, stroll in, tell everyone to * off, do a s**t on the CEO's desk and walk out smashing s**t.

That's pretty dumb man, you never want to burn a bridge. No matter how much they might be a campaigner, always give a written letter in person and wish them all the best, even if you don't mean it.

Though a part of me would love to go out with a bang once, stroll in, tell everyone to **** off, do a s**t on the CEO's desk and walk out smashing s**t.

Yeah I know, Ive always been careful to never burn bridges, but I cant take it any longer. I need to go now. Its unbearable. Plus there is massive projects with work travel arrangements coming up they are going to put on me which will massively screw them when I say Im off and they've booked flights and in for presentations to do etc. Im changing career so not gonna come back to this work (I god frikkin hope not anyway).

Have even thought about just taking sick leave - but then I have to front up with a doctors certificate.

Yeah I know, Ive always been careful to never burn bridges, but I cant take it any longer. I need to go now. Its unbearable. Plus there is massive projects with work travel arrangements coming up they are going to put on me which will massively screw them when I say Im off and they've booked flights and in for presentations to do etc. Im changing career so not gonna come back to this work (I god frikkin hope not anyway).

Have even thought about just taking sick leave - but then I have to front up with a doctors certificate.

I've changed jobs twice in the last year, even went to a conference in Asia knowing I was going to resign on my return. it's part of the risk that employers have, the employee can walk out the door within a month at any time taking all of the company information with them. It's just bad luck for them, you have to worry about number 1 and they know that, happens all the time.

I've changed jobs twice in the last year, even went to a conference in Asia knowing I was going to resign on my return. it's part of the risk that employers have, the employee can walk out the door within a month at any time taking all of the company information with them. It's just bad luck for them, you have to worry about number 1 and they know that, happens all the time.

Thanks for the advice

Your meal ordered in a restaurant does not meet your satisfaction...eat it, ask for a newbie, ask for a refund...other?
Depends on why it doesn't meet my satisfaction. Provided its what I ordered, if I just don't like the way they do the meal then so be it. I'll eat what I can and leave the rest.
If its the wrong meal, or definitely over/undercooked that may be a different story.

What would you do if your son announced he was gay?

Have asked a number of parents about this - and they give me more than the cliche "as long as he is happy" answer.
I'd be more shocked by having a son than finding out said son was gay. I do tend to assume everyone is straight, until it is known otherwise. SO I wold probably be surprised but that's about it.

Could never take somebody's wallet if I found out. Would hand it in immediately or go to their house.
Drop in, Tigerland style?

I worked with one guy who just handed in his key one night. About half a dozen were staying back trying to make up time for some f***ups that occurred. About 7pm he'd had enough, handed his key over, "tell Simon I'm not coming back" (Simon was our team lead). Last I heard. five years later but a long time ago now, he was living in PNG running a surf school or some such thing. Apparently he had done the same before and landed on his feet.

I need to quit where I am, but my skillset is limited, nothing readily transferrable, I can't deal with the public, and there are no jobs in any country I have working rights for (only Australia and NZ for me). All just little things, but my depression us taking all of them and building it into an unbearable mess of jealousy, guilt, self-hatred, and it all cycles onward.

And, the one everyone expected to be on this thread from the beginning. A mildly attractive person of your favoured gender, previously unknown to you, approaches you on the street and within a minute is asking if you want sex.
*Don't just give the glib, automatic "hell, yeah" response. What would you actually do?

Upping and quitting a job is grouse. Did it a lot in my younger days. The drive home is always absolute bliss. One of life's simple but best experiences.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A mildly attractive person of your favoured gender, previously unknown to you, approaches you on the street and within a minute is asking if you want sex.
*Don't just give the glib, automatic "hell, yeah" response. What would you actually do?
Hell, yeah.

Actually, I would suspect some type of scam/setup and would get the hell out of there.

Have a mate that was feral Collingwood up until 2011. Sort of lost interest in 2012 and 2013 and supported Sydney in 2014 (buying jumpers and all). Then at the start of this year decided to change back to Collingwood because he said he didn't want to be one of those supporters that changed clubs. That ship has sailed I think

Upping and quitting a job is grouse. Did it a lot in my younger days. The drive home is always absolute bliss. One of life's simple but best experiences.
ixI1dF1.gif

Two good friends of mine switched teams just because they moved cities. They were both Leaf fans who converted to Canucks. They try to make me switch but it's not happening. In fact, it makes me question their fortitude.

That said, my Dad did switch from South Melbourne to Geelong. I think that's kind of understandable due to the relocation though.

Relocation of your team is the only valid reason for changing teams if you're over the age of 7.

What would you do if you found a wallet with $200 in it, 3 credit cards and a $30 iTunes voucher?

Wallet has a drivers licence in it with name and address?
Would have returned it via the letterbox, cash included. I prefer to be honest and trustworthy.

If I get a reward, then cool. If not who I don't care. Plenty of average, dishonest individuals around.

Last edited:
If they were a Geelong fan all their life being born into a family of Geelong fans, how would you react if they went for Adelaide in the blink of an eye?

I'd welcome them to the dark side. Forever will it consume them, dominate their destiny.

And, the one everyone expected to be on this thread from the beginning. A mildly attractive person of your favoured gender, previously unknown to you, approaches you on the street and within a minute is asking if you want sex.

One thing Ive learnt in life - if its too good to be true, it is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back