Game Day What's happening at Alberton Saturday and no White Marquee Bar Sunday

Remove this Banner Ad

Alberton Proud asked about what's happening Saturday at Alberton for those not travelling so I wrote to Port Club General Manager Dave Banner about that and on Sunday at the White Marquee Bar and got the following reply.

In regards to the WMB, we planned to open it from 11am-3pm but due to a TennisSA tournament we can't access the facility so we will be pushing for Alberton to be the home of our fans Sunday.

The Port Club PF we will be putting on a show but due to the City to Bay we can only secure a 10sq metre screen so have opted not to run the live site. We did try and put something together for the Fos Williams Stand due to the Quinn Stand being out of bounds for the scaffolding set up but to no avail.

Also the fact we had 3000ppl go to Subiaco and this week we will have over 15000ppl going to the game the The Port Club should be sufficient to cater for the members with Sports Bar, Bistro and Function facilities.

So pretty much -
Friday
9.30am - PAFC AFL open training - Alberton Oval
5.30pm - PAFC SANFL open training 'Captains Run' - Alberton Oval

Saturday
All day - Bistro/Sports Bar open with game on all screens and through PA system
4.00pm - Upstairs opens with game broadcasted on all screens and through PA system. We will then be streaming replay on screens.

Sunday
GRAND FINAL DAY AT THE PORT CLUB
Pre Game Breakfast kicking off at 9.30am and will be served until 3pm and a full bistro menu available for lunch and dinner
Breakfast – 9.30am – 3pm

Bacon & Egg Roll - $6.50
Plated Scrambled Eggs & Bacon - $12.00
Plated Full Breakfast - $18.00
Full Bistro Menu
Lunch 12 – 3pm
Dinner 5pm til late
Watch the game LIVE on Channel 7 from 2.30pm

Post Game Presentations from 5pm on Alberton Oval

To make a bistro booking contact the Club on 8447 9902.

Go the PAFC!!

Man that sucks I was hoping to get to Alberton and watch it on the big screen in the Quinn Stand. I couldn't make it to Alberton last saturday to watch the game because I had a family birthday and watched it there instead. The footage from last saturday night at Alberton looked like a great night, its a pity they aren't doing it again this week.

So why is the club encouraging supporters to spend Sunday at Alberton instead of actually going to the game? ;)
To help create the illusion that with Norwood supporters outnumbering Port's at the GF, a big thumbs up is given by Norwood fans to confirm that they love seeing AFL reserves in the SANFL :p

Edit: Honestly if the Norwood supporters want to show their displeasure over the compromised SANFL competition, this is the one game they should be boycotting.

Alberton Proud asked about what's happening Saturday at Alberton for those not travelling so I wrote to Port Club General Manager Dave Banner about that and on Sunday at the White Marquee Bar and got the following reply.

In regards to the WMB, we planned to open it from 11am-3pm but due to a TennisSA tournament we can't access the facility so we will be pushing for Alberton to be the home of our fans Sunday.

The Port Club PF we will be putting on a show but due to the City to Bay we can only secure a 10sq metre screen so have opted not to run the live site. We did try and put something together for the Fos Williams Stand due to the Quinn Stand being out of bounds for the scaffolding set up but to no avail.

Also the fact we had 3000ppl go to Subiaco and this week we will have over 15000ppl going to the game the The Port Club should be sufficient to cater for the members with Sports Bar, Bistro and Function facilities.

So pretty much -
Friday
9.30am - PAFC AFL open training - Alberton Oval
5.30pm - PAFC SANFL open training 'Captains Run' - Alberton Oval

Saturday
All day - Bistro/Sports Bar open with game on all screens and through PA system
4.00pm - Upstairs opens with game broadcasted on all screens and through PA system. We will then be streaming replay on screens.

Sunday
GRAND FINAL DAY AT THE PORT CLUB
Pre Game Breakfast kicking off at 9.30am and will be served until 3pm and a full bistro menu available for lunch and dinner
Breakfast – 9.30am – 3pm

Bacon & Egg Roll - $6.50
Plated Scrambled Eggs & Bacon - $12.00
Plated Full Breakfast - $18.00
Full Bistro Menu
Lunch 12 – 3pm
Dinner 5pm til late
Watch the game LIVE on Channel 7 from 2.30pm

Post Game Presentations from 5pm on Alberton Oval

To make a bistro booking contact the Club on 8447 9902.

Go the PAFC!!

Bugger. Alberton Proud and I have a 9 year old who was really looking forward to a big screen experience with us. :(

They should can the city to bay then!

Why the fk do they need a big screen?

Yes I wondered why people need to look at themselves sweating. I assume its for the spectators at the end waiting to see their Johnny and/or Sarah on the screen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bummer. Had fun last Saturday and cant get to the prelim so was looking forward to taking the kids down again and having a kick on the oval between quarters. I am sure that's what won us the game...... (sorry that was a different thread re superstitions wasn't it).

Think I had convinced my 10 year old nephew to jump on board from the other side as he was getting into the cheers etc and was going to use this week to seal the deal. Was such a good atmosphere .

Bummer. Had fun last Saturday and cant get to the prelim so was looking forward to taking the kids down again and having a kick on the oval between quarters. I am sure that's what won us the game...... (sorry that was a different thread re superstitions wasn't it).

Think I had convinced my 10 year old nephew to jump on board from the other side as he was getting into the cheers etc and was going to use this week to seal the deal. Was such a good atmosphere .

Still go. The atmosphere upstairs was sensational and as good as outside. Just small screens and nowhere for kids to run around.

Thanks REH yeah the Port clubs always a good atmosphere.

Kids were raving about last week though and went down with a couple of other guys with kids who couldn't make the prelim either.

Did the big footy trip with the boys for the Collingwood game so couldn't get the prelim past the wife but the Grannie will be worth the divorce (if I can get a ticket).

So big city Adelaide has only one big screen?

Should just drape a circus tent sized sheet off of the gym/admin centre and shoot it up with a cinema projector. Rent 5000 beanbags for the oval.

Their should be some thought for people with kids.

Maybe the 10 mtr screen in the gym for family's would have worked with the function centre .

Is it kid friendly ?

Up stairs is kid friendly but it wasnt as good as on the oval for them. On the oval the could run around. Also sitting on the grass if mum and dad didnt bring a chair is easier than the floor as they would get in the way because it will be packed. There wasnt enough chairs for every one to sit on upstairs. It was half sitting half standing.

Up stairs is kid friendly but it wasnt as good as on the oval for them. On the oval the could run around. Also sitting on the grass if mum and dad didnt bring a chair is easier than the floor as they would get in the way because it will be packed. There wasnt enough chairs for every one to sit on upstairs. It was half sitting half standing.
So get in early , thanks REH!

Is it kid friendly ?

I think the oval would have been more fun for kids, but I think it really depends on their ages. A kid who really likes footy would probably like it. If you get there early to snag a table or chair it would be better I think than your kid having to stand. In terms of kid friendly behaviour, I didn't see anything I was concerned with or wouldn't want my kids around. The bar was quite busy the whole game, but everyone was really well behaved - even when we were losing :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back