When were you wrong?

Remove this Banner Ad

I never thought Klay Thompson would get to the level he is playing at now with his level of athleticism. At best I thought he could be a better version of Shane Battier (sans flop) but he has really improved all facets of his game particularly at getting to the basket in a smart way.

Let's just say you would never want me being the scout for your team.

I thought Greg Oden was an out-and-out sure thing, and that anyone who suggested that Durant could've been considered pick 1 were being ridiculous.

I thought Shaun Livingston would be a poor man's Magic Johnson and that he was going to help lead the Clippers enter a period of sustained success in the west: a lineup that included Kaman-Brand-Odom-Maggette-QRich-Livingston (and did they still have Jamal Crawford?) promised so much... at least I can say I was about 10 years early on the whole Clipper's thing.

I expected Ed O'Bannon to be a genuine star. Ditto for Adam Morrison.

I thought (or at least hoped) that Lebron in Miami would fail.

The other day at work, one of my mates decided to remind me of one of my all time shockers.

A couple years ago, I stated that David Lee would turn out to be good on defence.

Let's just say you would never want me being the scout for your team.

I thought Greg Oden was an out-and-out sure thing, and that anyone who suggested that Durant could've been considered pick 1 were being ridiculous.

Ditto for Adam Morrison.

I was just about to post on both those guys, thought the exact same thing as you.

Clearly wrong about Olynyk. At worse the guy is a serviceable NBA starter.

I was pretty adamant he'd be no good after we drafted him.
I remember in college basketball for Gonzaga he took a season off came back and was close to Player of the Year. Never seen an improvement of that scale. He was an afterthought and became the alpha dog go to guy. The college coaching staff and the individual did some work that year off!

I thought the Warriors would start the year off slowly especially without their coach.

I thought Kobe would actually be solid this season due to his off court work ethic.

I thought Michael Beasley would be an absolute stud in the league along the lines of Blake Griffin and be atleast a 5 time all-star.

Still have time on this prediction but I doubt it will happen.
LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought that getting Roy Hibbert in to cover the turnstile defence might make the Lakers slightly less crap this season. You win this round Byron.

Tangentially I thought there was no way Ian Mahimni could be a starter on a playoff team - thus far the Pacers don't miss Hibbert at all.

After watching the McDonalds High School game in 1999 where he was MVP, I thought Johnathon Bender was a sure thing. Indiana drafted him and that's all she wrote.

I thought Manu was done after the 2013 finals. He looked horrible and that series looked like it mentally destroyed that whole organisation at the time. Also thought the Spurs were done in 2010.

I thought the Nets with KG and Pierce thrown in would be a big shot at doing damage for a season or two, and was really shitty when the Celtics traded the two away. That looks like being totally wrong now.

Also when I was playing at the same club as Ben Simmons I thought he was a decent talent, but would probably only at best end up as a college player. That's another one that looks real wrong.

Due to his ability to get to the rim with some force off the pick and roll I thought JJ Hickson should've been persisted with over Cousins when Paul Westphal ran things in Sacramento.

Well I already have 2 so far this year...
Golden state not to make at least the conference finals
And Atlanta to beat their over under of 48 wins

I thought when the Cavs got rid of Blatt for Lue it was pandering to LeBron's wishes and that would be bad for the Cavs. Lue wan't an upgrade at all. Blatt actually knew how to coach and Lue was just mates with LeBron.

Even when they won it last year I thought that didn't necessarily mean Lue > Blatt. I thought it was mainly LeBron being LeBron and the Warriors playing like s**t.

But after an offseason of thinking and the start to the year I think Lue knows what he's doing and is an upgrade to Blatt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back