When will the Carlton FC Arrive?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Part 2 of this thread is here:

Gary Lyons “8.30 man” source reckons Brian Cook not interested in the Carlton CEO gig. Same source that said McRae and Leppitsch will be at Collingwood about 5-6 weeks ago.

Sooo despite certain Carlton posters' prognostications, that would indeed mean they fired a CEO before actually having a new one lined up (just the possibility of getting who they want) - just like they did with Teague.

But apparently we're all too stupid to understand the brilliant genius of Luke Sayers and his 'Big 4' corporate experience of firing everyone who disagrees with him/going over the heads of anyone who gets in his way.

Would be refreshing if I could just hear a few people say 'you know what, Sayers is a complete tool and the inner factions of admin are completely broken and way too focused on short-term success rather than long term environment/morale.' Pagan came out and said as much about his time there 20+ years ago, and it seems not much has changed.

Last edited:

Sooo despite certain Carlton posters' prognostications, that would indeed mean they fired a CEO before actually having a new one lined up (just the possibility of getting who they want) - just like they did with Teague.

But apparently we're all too stupid to understand the brilliant genius of Luke Sayers and his 'Big 4' corporate experience of firing everyone who disagrees with him/going over the heads of anyone who gets in his way.

Would be refreshing if I could just hear a few people say 'you know what, Sayers is a complete tool and the inner factions of admin are completely broken and way too focused on short-term success rather than long term environment/morale.' Pagan came out and said as much about his time there 20+ years ago, and it seems not much has changed.
In other words you would like Carlton supporters to agree with your opinion, get your hand off it mate.

In other words you would like Carlton supporters to agree with your opinion, get your hand off it mate.

Lol you're one of those 'certain' posters I was alluding to, who stated 'you don't fire someone before you've lined someone else up - that's good business' ... would be absolutely poetic if Cook doesn't come either, and you end up doing what you stated not to do, TWICE, and then ended up with someone like Giansiracusa, Scott or some other untried coach - and some other corporate Sayers approved nothing, as your CEO.

Suggest you 'get your hand off' Sayers' unmentionables - given you're so clearly suffering some strange form of Carlton induced Stockholm syndrome - despite the clear clusterf*ck that has been your entire 'process' over the past month or so.

Last edited:
Lol you're one of those 'certain' posters I was alluding to, who stated 'you don't fire someone before you've lined someone else up - that's good business' ... would be absolutely poetic if Cook doesn't come either, and you end up doing what you stated not to do, TWICE, and then ended up with someone like Giansiracusa, Scott or some other untried coach - and some other corporate Sayers approved nothing, as your CEO.

Suggest you 'get your hand off' Sayers' unmentionables - given you're so clearly suffering some strange form of Carlton induced Stockholm syndrome.
You really don't know what's happened or what's going to happen, as i said, keep your hand off it and you might think more clearly.

Most boards are the same, all full of supporters supporting their club.
But you’ve got a bunch of posters claiming to have inside knowledge of Cook and Clarkson landing at Carlton which was what you were asking about.

But you’ve got a bunch of posters claiming to have inside knowledge of Cook and Clarkson landing at Carlton which was what you were asking about.
I don't go there much and i never believe anything until it happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You really don't know what's happened or what's going to happen, as i said, keep your hand off it and you might think more clearly.

Oh I don't do I? Lol, keep drinking the kool-aid buddy - whatever helps you sleep at night.

- Teague has been sacked, in order to get Clarkson or Lyon
- Clarkson rejected offer, said he'll be taking year off
- Lyon rejected offer, on basis of not wanting to go through process
- Liddle has been sacked as CEO
- Carlton is still chasing Clarkson, but has no idea who coach will be at this time
- Carlton is chasing Cook in order to try and entice Clarkson, but no idea who CEO will be at this time

Those are the facts as they stand. Try to worm your way out of that. I'm sure you'll spectacularly fail once again

:)

Oh I don't do I? Lol, keep drinking the kool-aid buddy - whatever helps you sleep at night.

- Carlton is still chasing Clarkson, but has no idea who coach will be at this time
- Carlton is chasing Cook in order to try and entice Clarkson, but no idea who CEO will be at this time

Those are the facts as they stand. Try to worm your way out of that. I'm sure you'll spectacularly fail once again

You have zero idea what's going on mate, only what you're reading in the media, I don't have to worm my way out of anything because nothing has happened yet.

Why would anyone want to go there in a coaching capacity when the governance is so poor. The treatment and lack of vocal support Teague received was awful.

Feel sorry for Carlton supporters. They have a decent enough list, they just have absolute lemmings in charge at the top.

Sure looks that way :(

Dunno about this list thing though, keep hearing its decent enough, I just don't see it. Top 5 or 6 are guns sure, and there are a few honest triers, but then it drops off a cliff as far as I can see. Would be just about the thinnest list going round on current form.

I can do that for you :tearsofjoy:

How Sayers was clearly the man for the job after being on the board for the 10 years we've just had is mind boggling.

Seriously ........ you actually put some faith & trust in the utter grandstanding & chest-beating that goes on there ??

For every 100 snippets of supposed gold, only 1 or 2 actually turn out to be true.

These are not facts.

- Teague was sacked - true. But not 'in order to get Clarkson or Lyon'. He was sacked at the end of a process of review, full stop.
- Clarkson did not reject an offer. He was not interested in the role and doesn't want to coach at all next year. No offer was made.
- Lyon did not reject an offer. He withdrew from applying for the role because he did not want to go through the process. No offer was made.
- Liddle was not sacked- his position was retained after the review. He resigned.
- Carlton has tried to get Clarkson interested in a coaching role (not necessarily head coach), which makes sense, because he is the most successful coach of the past 3 decades. We are running a process to appoint a coach, the process has been fairly clear, and will be interviewing candidates over the next few weeks before making an appointment
- Carlton has been rumoured to be chasing Cook, who is stepping down from Geelong. There's no official confirmation on this and nothing that would make it a 'fact'. On the other hand, we would be silly to not be asking him, but it is still only a rumour.

There's a lot of people on the Carlton board who pretend to have insider knowledge, and at times, a couple who have shared such. Mostly, there's a lot of people who bignote themselves by making bold, slightly obvious statements that have an 'out' clause: "Carlton have been told that if Clarkson coaches next year, it will be at Carlton" and "if we get Cook then Clarkson will follow" are obvious examples.

Whether we get anywhere with the process and following the review remains to be seen. But lets at least criticise real things, not imaginary ones.

Teague & Liddle had to go, there is no sugar-coating that fact !!

Unless you are advocating we should have kept them on for another 12-months, which would of been way more lunacy than what has happened since they were punted.

These are not facts.

- Teague was sacked - true. But not 'in order to get Clarkson or Lyon'. He was sacked at the end of a process of review, full stop.
- Clarkson did not reject an offer. He was not interested in the role and doesn't want to coach at all next year. No offer was made.
- Lyon did not reject an offer. He withdrew from applying for the role because he did not want to go through the process. No offer was made.
- Liddle was not sacked- his position was retained after the review. He resigned.
- Carlton has tried to get Clarkson interested in a coaching role (not necessarily head coach), which makes sense, because he is the most successful coach of the past 3 decades. We are running a process to appoint a coach, the process has been fairly clear, and will be interviewing candidates over the next few weeks before making an appointment
- Carlton has been rumoured to be chasing Cook, who is stepping down from Geelong. There's no official confirmation on this and nothing that would make it a 'fact'. On the other hand, we would be silly to not be asking him, but it is still only a rumour.

There's a lot of people on the Carlton board who pretend to have insider knowledge, and at times, a couple who have shared such. Mostly, there's a lot of people who bignote themselves by making bold, slightly obvious statements that have an 'out' clause: "Carlton have been told that if Clarkson coaches next year, it will be at Carlton" and "if we get Cook then Clarkson will follow" are obvious examples.

Whether we get anywhere with the process and following the review remains to be seen. But lets at least criticise real things, not imaginary ones.

This kind of bureaucratic messaging would make Sayers and the Carlton board proud, lol.

There are literally hundreds of articles stating how Clarkson was their man, and how he wouldn't have to go through any process if he wanted the job. There are also numerous bits of info that state Sayers spoke to Lyon about the role, which the board then later disagreed on (Lyon and Sayers both stated this themselves). One would have had to have gone through a process, the other one would not.

You literally waited until Clarkson stated he wasn't interested in coaching next year, to sack Teague. You didn't sack him on the Monday, you didn't sack him when the review was completed, you literally did it on the day that Clarkson refuted your advances. If that's not a direct correlation, I don't know what is.

Liddle may have technically resigned, but he literally stated 'back me or sack me' - which Sayers obviously didn't back him, so he was forced to resign...even though prior to that, Liddle was actually one of the people on the board chosen to select a coach - a bizarre set of circumstances.

But sure, get out on technicalities lol, when even supporters of your own club and supporters of 17 other clubs, can plainly see that this is just more of the same from an inept, mafiaesque Carlton board - spearheaded by Sayers and his corporate governance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back