List Mgmt. Where are they now? (ex suns)

Remove this Banner Ad

Though Sharp would have looked good on the other wing.

Feels like a player and coach failure, with some list management thrown in for not trading him for something two off-seasons ago.

Seems like Sharpy wet the bed and the coaches could not get him turned around. If he can make a career out of it from where he was, well done to him.

But good players just play good and then the rest gets sorted out, as opposed to not playing good and getting delisted.

When I sat behind the leadership group at Fankhauser at the VFL GF 2 years ago they were very vocal for every player-except Sharpie.
When he got the ball-crickets
It's pretty obvious the Club Player relationship had irretrievably broken down then
As I've said, he has all the tools, the missing ingredient was desire and endeavour.
If Freo has unlocked those traits he will be a very good player for them
I think Dimma tried to get him to stay didn't he?
Again, the myth of Dew's "special player relationships"
It's possible it was true but his special relationships were for special players-if you weren't one of them you were in the freezer

He has 6 disposals at half time, but got to 22 by the end. I don’t think he was the reason Carlton began dominating though. Maybe he’ll feature, but I’d be putting votes elsewhere.

However, the commentators did take notice of him because he has a brother on the team. Gives them something to talk about. And boy do they talk about it…
He got 2 votes.

I remember when him and Ah Chee would play together. Was on our socials or media at some point.

Neither at the club now, but glad some players find an outlet beyond football. Takes guts to get in front of a crowd and sing alone, and he did a good job for someone who probably just plays for fun.

Far out talk about a man of the people won't catch me on Jetstar

Haha. I had some flight credits to use— even then it still cost an arm and a leg I haven’t had too much trouble with Jetstar in my experience. Been lucky I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bowes has been very good tonight, too slow some said, he’s proving getting and using the footy is what counts
Two goals is a good return with his touches, especially with 9 score involvements (including a goal assist). Anyone would say it was a good game for sure.

However, his disposal was 69%, which is ok if you’re an inside mid trying to hack a clearance. But he only had 5 contested, and played in a few stoppages (but not full inside centre).

He actually plays a similar role to Fiorini, in similar ways with similar shortcomings and strengths. And now they both get to play AFL games instead of VFL. So it’s a win for all (ignoring the whole pick 7 fiasco…)

As far as I’m concerned, we kept our budget friendly yet experienced mid with Fiorini and let go (or forced) of the overpaid one in Bowes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Huh? He wet the bed.
Eh. He wasn’t getting played. I don’t expect people who are emergency for basically every game and never get chosen for first 22 to stay with a club…

You could blame his attitude or application, I guess. But he had good VFL form for some time and got nothing for it when we didn’t have a winger outside of Ellis.

A player like Rankine is different—he chose to leave and mislead the club. Crap on players like him all you want.

But if you can’t get a game, move on. We’ve picked up our share of players like that in our time.

Eh. He wasn’t getting played. I don’t expect people who are emergency for basically every game and never get chosen for first 22 to stay with a club…

You could blame his attitude or application, I guess. But he had good VFL form for some time and got nothing for it when we didn’t have a winger outside of Ellis.

A player like Rankine is different—he chose to leave and mislead the club. Crap on players like him all you want.

But if you can’t get a game, move on. We’ve picked up our share of players like that in our time.
Yeah so I hear you but I do blame his lack of application. He was asked to get his hands dirty and wouldn’t.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back