Where Will the Hawks End 2007?

Remove this Banner Ad

..Can you please explain our terrible coaching? ..

Exhibit A: V Collingwood. "The Zac Dawson Experience". Oh and it's hard to recruit KP defenders? Really? We have Thornton (193cm), Bower (194cm), Setanta (200cm), Flint (192cm), Austin (194cm), and Hartlett (196cm). Not too hard. But then again we have the best recruiter in the AFL in Hughes. BTW the Hawks need to learn from the Saints GT disaster. They held on to a terrible coach for too long, and paid the price. Danny Frawley a good defensive coach? I assume you are being sarcastic - if not have a chat to a Tiges supporter. And we all know about Croad of course :)

Exhibit A: V Collingwood. "The Zac Dawson Experience". Oh and it's hard to recruit KP defenders? Really? We have Thornton (193cm), Bower (194cm), Setanta (200cm), Flint (192cm), Austin (194cm), and Hartlett (196cm). Not too hard. But then again we have the best recruiter in the AFL in Hughes. BTW the Hawks need to learn from the Saints GT disaster. They held on to a terrible coach for too long, and paid the price. Danny Frawley a good defensive coach? I assume you are being sarcastic - if not have a chat to a Tiges supporter. :)

Who? All the bolded are no-names. Carltons defence = worst in the AFL.

Who? All the bolded are no-names. Carltons defence = worst in the AFL.

3 years ago our defense was terrible - no question. But all of a sudden we've amassed some very impressive defensive talent. Lots of height, pace and skill. Still lacking experience, but all of a sudden a weakness looks like turning into a strength. Bit of a contrast to the Bulldogs midsized-player-only setup isn't it. :)

13th-16th.

Can't beat good sides. Go on too many losing streaks. Inexperienced defence. No conventional full-foward. No recognised ruckman. Mediocre coach who is focussed on the future not the present.

Nothing excites me about this club.

Exhibit A: V Collingwood. "The Zac Dawson Experience". Oh and it's hard to recruit KP defenders? Really? We have Thornton (193cm), Bower (194cm), Setanta (200cm), Flint (192cm), Austin (194cm), and Hartlett (196cm). Not too hard. But then again we have the best recruiter in the AFL in Hughes. BTW the Hawks need to learn from the Saints GT disaster. They held on to a terrible coach for too long, and paid the price. Danny Frawley a good defensive coach? I assume you are being sarcastic - if not have a chat to a Tiges supporter. And we all know about Croad of course :)
As Scruba has already pointed out, you've named a heap of players who've shown nothing yet.
It's just as easy or even easier to say that Roughead, and Thorp will hold down our defence in years to come. Doesn't mean they will.

Read any articles about Melbournes improved defense last year and the majority of the time it has been attributed to the work Frawley did with thier list.

Oh, and if you know so much about Croad, tell me how Big Red went against him in our first meeting of 2006.

As Scruba has already pointed out, you've named a heap of players who've shown nothing yet.
It's just as easy or even easier to say that Roughead, and Thorp will hold down our defence in years to come. Doesn't mean they will.

Read any articles about Melbournes improved defense last year and the majority of the time it has been attributed to the work Frawley did with thier list.

Oh, and if you know so much about Croad, tell me how Big Red went against him in our first meeting of 2006.

Yeah what's with the Croad bashing everyone seems to do? Do you all even watch the same sport? :p :thumbsu:

I'm hoping for the 8 but that would mean having a dream run with injury, and since Max Bailey is already out I doubt we will.

I think are developing a good list, but people expecting Dowler and Ellis to help us much this year may be a little disapointing as both are still underdone and wont see much game time this year but will look towards 2008.

Lewis, Franklin, and Roughead in their third seasons, and steady improvement from second tier players such as Bateman, Clarke, Sewell, Campbell, Hodge, Williams, and Mitchell and fit senior players is where we'll improve. Any contributions from year 1 or 2 draft picks will be a bonus not an expectation this year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back