Where Will the Hawks End 2007?

Remove this Banner Ad

They have a very talented young list and should be looking to have a good season in 07, they should be thinking finals and anything less as a faiure, the young guys should get some finals experience and be a real force in 08. Should finish in the bottom 4 of the top8.

I would like to see the hawks finish in the 8.
But i think they will finish about 10 or 11 and jump into the 8 in 2008

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slight chance of making finals...

It's a matter of weighting up which teams are better then us, which teams are worse off and which teams were on equal standing with us...

There are easily 8 teams better then us in the League but on the other hand I can pick 4 sides that IMO are worse then we are..

So I'd say in between 9th ( Outside chance of possibly 8th) and 12th and if I had to pick a single position I'd tip 10th...

Hmm, finished 11th last year, and 13th makes us steady improvers how?
You could still improve but other teams around you could also improve. The Cats, Port, Bombers should all improve this year. Given those teams improvement there is a possiblity the Hawks could win more games than last year and still finish lower, same with the Tigers, we could win the same amount or more and still miss the finals. Just depends on how even the season is. IMHO I don't see any teams struggling as much as some have in recent years.

Fight for the spoon??? you've gotta be kidding.

With the list that there developing i dont see why, with a bit of luck, they cant push on and get a finals spot this year.

The Hawks problem is that despite a huge number of draft picks, they have recruited a very unbalanced list e.g. they still have no quality KP defenders. The other issue at Hawthorn is their terrible coaching, and poor player development. Recruiting Danny Frawley to the coaching panel, just compounded the problem. They'll finish around 12th again. Hawks badly need some coaching expertise. Jeff realises this, and was keen to axe Clarkson last year, but didn't get the support he needed. The Saints held on to GT for 3 years too long, and paid a huge price (plus a missing million $ BTW). The Hawks don't want to make the same mistake. :)

The Hawks problem is that despite a huge number of draft picks, they have recruited a very unbalanced list e.g. they still have no quality KP defenders. The other issue at Hawthorn is their terrible coaching, and poor player development. Recruiting Danny Frawley to the coaching panel, just compounded the problem. They'll finish around 12th again. Hawks badly need some coaching expertise. Jeff realises this, and was keen to axe Clarkson last year, but didn't get the support he needed. The Saints held on to GT for 3 years too long, and paid a huge price (plus a missing million $ BTW). The Hawks don't want to make the same mistake. :)
Although I do tend to agree that we've not drafted a KP backman, Parrot, I think it's alot harder to do that via the national draft than it is to say pick up a chf and turn him into a chb. So Dowler or Thorp could yet be tried there, but I think that's not our weakness, FB is and I have confidence that one of Gilham,Dawson or Boyle will put there hand up soon.
Can you please explain our terrible coaching? Our terrible coach gave yours an absolute bath for a half in 2006 before our guys started to tire.
Danny Frawley did great things for melbournes defence last year and rewally helped a number of guys step up, he'll be a great adition to our track work and will no doubt invest alot of time with Dawson, Gilham, Murphy, Sewell, Jacbs, Corad etc. Pretty happy with what I've heard of him at trainign so far.

I won't bother replying to the rest of your post because, as usual Parrot you seem to lose focus after a bit and start rambling on about crap that brings down the serious or intelligent parts of your posts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back