Where will we finish on the AFL ladder at the end the 2022 season?

Remove this Banner Ad

We need to draft a key forward of Max King like quality. It is our highest need, by far.

To do that we need a draft pick in the top 3-4.

To do that, we need to finish no better than 15th.

So that’s what I’m hoping for - but with lots of exciting close losses, an attractive go-forward quickly style and lots of development of players, coaches and positional experimentation.

If we do all those things, 2022 will be a huge success and set us up for future seasons.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Going into the season thought mid table so that’d be 7-12. Losing Grundy and potential to sneak into the 8 has all but evaporated so 10-12 now likely. Expectations will continue to lower the longer players like Roughy and Elliott remain unavailable. We just don’t have the depth to cover them.

I liked the way the year started, but long term injuries has practically derailed the season. The younger guys in the team, eg. first and second year players, you feel will taper off towards the end of the season, and the season could get really long for a few veterans.
So l think we will end up 13th to 14th, nothing higher then that. Hope l'm wrong, but have a few concerns about where wins will come from for the rest of this season....

I have been thinking about this since Friday night & I suspect that we will be somewhere between 13th & 16th, unless North Melbourne & West Coast display some amazing improvement in the 2nd half of this season. Views?
I think this is probably accurate, there are some horrid teams at the moment that will keep us off the bottom. We’ll surprise a team or two and beat the ones we should beat I can’t see us improving which is a concern as our injury profile isn’t as bad as it has been.

They always seem to be fired up and at their best when they play us. It's bloody annoying because they can look so lethargic and disinterested at times.
I think it was because both Bucks and Cameron were obsessed with winning the inside contest and their inside blokes have been better than ours for a fair while now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freo.
Carlton
Hawks
Dees
GWS
Suns

Whats realistic? 2 wins? That would make us 6-9 after round 15
Try 6 wins, plus 4 more on top of that!

Wow, we had no idea what we were in for :)

the trick is to keep things looking like they're improving but losing at the same time.... probably a win every 3 or 4 matches to keep the analysts at bay...

we should aim to beg for an extra draft pick next year...
Ah. We ****ed up 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back