Opinion Which club is Essendon's biggest rival?

Essendon's biggest rival?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Racing up the list? As far as I'm concerned, they've always been the worst and they've never failed to demonstrate why.

I guess it’s been out of sight, out of mind.

They’ve been loitering down the depths of the ladder so we’ve not had to interact with them. Then the Saad trade means they’ve all come crawling out of the woodwork.

Last edited:

Carlton. I’ve never felt more hatred for a club as I did after they recruited Judd with the Visy deal and showed signs of building towards something.

Since then, I’ve mellowed a lot on the rivalry (thank god, it’s not healthy to hate something so much) but still put them #1, easily.

Depends who you ask.

Ask the Norf board they'll be adamant that they live rent free in our heads. Which is a good thing for them because they would probably need to rattle the tins a bit more if we made them pay the rent.

Hawthorne and Carlton are proper enemies. I hate the hawk arrogance (especially weird when their fans are so fair weather) and Carlton’s grubby cheating and “buy a flag” sense of entitlement.

Collingwood are a big, stupid club so it’s sensible to hate them but I don’t do it with great passion.

Norf are like your little brother’s mouthy, ugly little mate who fancies your sister. You don’t think much about them but when you do it’s a mix between pity and disdain. Of course if they ever managed to step up you would crush them.

Depends on what era you started watching in.

I think Carlton are probably our traditional rivals over the long journey of both clubs history.

But I grew up watching Essendon and Hawthorn in the 80's so * HawthornE for mine.

Carlton and Hawthorn by a mile.

Collingwood probably next due to ANZAC day.

The rest are no more of a rival than anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back