Which teams will go backwards in 2015?

Which teams will go backwards in 2015

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't see it like this at all. Every team rates their young players but the reality is that they are never actually any good until they are tried and tested over a long period.

You didn't waste draft picks but you didn't get Waite and Higgins for free, you lost Greenwood for "free" and ate up cap space on the hope that Waite and Higgins stay on the park.

You recruited injury plagued players. Wells has been injury plagued except for last year. Hardly a surprise that North did so well. Harvey is getting on and misses 3-4 games through suspension every season.

Duke Dumont? I saw him at Stereosonic? Not sure how he will help.

He is there as back up

I'm not goin to argue with you because you are clueless.

All those young players have shown enough to suggest that they may be able to come in and give us something should te incumbents fall out of favour.

You said we had no depth. We proved last year we have plenty of depth given out best 2 mids missed the entire year basically.

By the way, I assume you're basingthis off the game against your mob this year. In which case that's fair enough.

And please mate as if you know what Dumont looks like lol

He is there as back up

I'm not goin to argue with you because you are clueless.

All those young players have shown enough to suggest that they may be able to come in and give us something should te incumbents fall out of favour.

You said we had no depth. We proved last year we have plenty of depth given out best 2 mids missed the entire year basically.

By the way, I assume you're basingthis off the game against your mob this year. In which case that's fair enough.

And please mate as if you know what Dumont looks like lol

No mate. North were putrid against us and played well against other sides.

I just think North have gone down the Brisbane route circa Voss era.

High risk, High Reward stuff.

Duke Dumont is a french dj who played at stereo. Dumont is unproven and cannot be considered to have shown enough to perform at the level that Wells or Harvey or Dal Santo or Swallow would.

North have recruited old players. Older players tend to be more injury prone.

North already have an old list.

Two of their highly prized recruits are extremely injury prone (Waite/Higgins) and are past 27.

If North cop a few injuries they are in big trouble.

* me I passed 27 years ago.

This isn't Logan's Run:p

In all my years following my Club this is the most depth I've ever witnessed. And for the first time we can ease some kids in slowly to take the mantle from those we'll lose in a couple of seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Under Brad's tenure the club has always invested in the draft and the list has matured to an extent that they now can win games of footy without Harvey, Swallow and Wells in the team. Read into that what you will.

Or we can go by BigFooty logic - North's decline is gonna be so bad.....they gonna fall off the ladder entirely! Amirite!?!?!

I just think North have gone down the Brisbane route circa Voss era.

High risk, High Reward stuff.

Duke Dumont is a french dj who played at stereo. Dumont is unproven and cannot be considered to have shown enough to perform at the level that Wells or Harvey or Dal Santo or Swallow would.

Well you are clearly wrong then, as Brisbane traded early draft picks and Henderson to get Fev.

That's like saying Collingwood have done the same because in the last 2 years you brought in White, Greenwood and Young.

Greenwood is a loss as he had a great year, but we have a ready made replacement in Bastinac in him, who can play that role (Greenwood is also a poor kick, which you will soon find out).

In addition, Swallow will be back to 100% which he was not last year. Cunnington will have another year of development, and hopefully Ziebell doesn't have a similar year to last with injuries. Not to mention Wells back to 100% and we should be sitting pretty from a midfield point of view.

Depth is very pleasing overall. I did my best 22 the other day and have Brown - who played very well in the cut throat of finals, Wood after a very strong year in the VFL and 2 goals on debut, Tarrant who is finally back from injury, and Daw who remains to be seen if he will make it, all missing out. That is not even considering our our first draft pick Sam Durdin (who granted, is unlikely to make much difference for 2-3 years).

Backline is the same, with Tippet, Firrito, missing out to Hansen, Thompson and Grima. At a pinch we could throw Tarrant back if needed, or bring in a forward and have Petrie play back.

North is very well placed for 2015. After beating the top 10 teams last year, getting the monkey off the back and winning finals, not dropping one game from infront at half time, the only thing to check of the list is consistency.

Well you are clearly wrong then, as Brisbane traded early draft picks and Henderson to get Fev.

That's like saying Collingwood have done the same because in the last 2 years you brought in White, Greenwood and Young.

Greenwood is a loss as he had a great year, but we have a ready made replacement in Bastinac in him, who can play that role (Greenwood is also a poor kick, which you will soon find out).

In addition, Swallow will be back to 100% which he was not last year. Cunnington will have another year of development, and hopefully Ziebell doesn't have a similar year to last with injuries. Not to mention Wells back to 100% and we should be sitting pretty from a midfield point of view.

Depth is very pleasing overall. I did my best 22 the other day and have Brown - who played very well in the cut throat of finals, Wood after a very strong year in the VFL and 2 goals on debut, Tarrant who is finally back from injury, and Daw who remains to be seen if he will make it, all missing out. That is not even considering our our first draft pick Sam Durdin (who granted, is unlikely to make much difference for 2-3 years).

Backline is the same, with Tippet, Firrito, missing out to Hansen, Thompson and Grima. At a pinch we could throw Tarrant back if needed, or bring in a forward and have Petrie play back.

North is very well placed for 2015. After beating the top 10 teams last year, getting the monkey off the back and winning finals, not dropping one game from infront at half time, the only thing to check of the list is consistency.

Bastinac still plays AFL?

Hmm.

I voted Geelong for probably same reasons as the rest who voted them.

Hawthorn, North and Sydney to also drop off.

Votes have changed a fair bit after the trading period. Here's an updated ladder predictor based on your votes:

1 Sydney Swans 148.0
2 Hawthorn Hawks 146.4
3 Port Adelaide Power 143.5
4 Adelaide Crows 131.2
5 West Coast Eagles 127.5
6 Gold Coast Suns 118.8
7 Fremantle Dockers 115.0
8 North Melbourne Kangaroos 110.6

9 Richmond Tigers 106.4
10 GWS Giants 100.8
11 Brisbane Lions 92.9
12 Melbourne Demons 88.0
13 St Kilda Saints 80.4
14 Essendon Bombers 78.4
15 Western Bulldogs 77.1
16 Carlton Blues 68.9
17 Geelong Cats 66.4
18 Collingwood Magpies 53.2

As you can see, the new and improved model correctly places Richmond in ninth place. Cats fans don't have a lot to look forward to, plummeting from 3rd in 2014 to 17th in 2015. 2014 Finalists Geelong, Richmond, and Essendon move to the bottom 10, making way for Adelaide, West Coast and Gold Coast in the Top 8.

Also, I'm seeing a lot of this in this thread:

We all have core playing groups moving into their mid twenties and therefore their prime. Look at the youngsters, so much talent and a few long shots, that maybe just maybe are going to take that step up in 2015 and really take the league by storm.

I mean we've got Skinnywhelp with 3 senior games in the last two years. I have the local knowledge though and think he might just be the next Diesel Williams.

As for our ageing stars. They're output hasn't been great of late and we have ready made replacements. I mean just take a look at Youngguy here. He's going to be Oldguy 2.0 in 12 months anyway. He will not be missed.

Hawthorn will fall down the ladder but will still be a contender though, will NOT slip out of top 4 and come finals experiance will see them right.

People don't realise that Hawthorn's core group isn't Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell anymore. We've moved on and the real grouping of our talent rests in the 22-26 year old range with Rioli, Breust, Gunston, Hill, Langford, Ceglar, McEvoy and players of that ilk.

People don't realise that Hawthorn's core group isn't Hodge, Mitchell, Sewell anymore. We've moved on and the real grouping of our talent rests in the 22-26 year old range with Rioli, Breust, Gunston, Hill, Langford, Ceglar, McEvoy and players of that ilk.

Heard the same thing about the Geelong Kids coming through.

Talent does not make up for experience and determination.

Hawthorns flag chances still rest with Hodge, Mitchell and probably most importantly Burgoyne.

Heard the same thing about the Geelong Kids coming through.

Geelong's kids didn't really get anywhere, whereas Hawthorn's are already driving the bus. Guys like Breust, Smith, Gunston, Langford, and co were instrumental in finals.

if that was the case, your best & fairest award would see more of those names feature amongst the top 5 vote-getter's over the last couple of years Luke Hodge is still one of your best players and only a dickhead would say he's no longer a key ingredient to Hawthorn's success.

Luke Hodge didn't make the top 5 in the BnF last year so according to your logic he wouldn't be a core player. The bulk of Hawthorn's talent remains with the mid 20 types, which is why Hawthorn have continued to invest in those age groups. There's more to come as well, with Hartung, Anderson, Woodward, Sicily likely to impress again in 2015.

Back