Who have been the best recruits so far this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roo Beauty

Norm Smith Medallist
May 16, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In your opinion, who have been the standout players to join a club this year (either through trade, FA or delisted FA) and really make an impact at their new club?
No draftees.

Dayne Beams - been a standout in the Lions' midfield with no Tom Rockliff for large portions of 2015

Jack Crisp - been much more than "steak knives" at Collingwood

Rhys Stanley (yes, I know, but his game against Port before getting injured was fantastic)

Mitch Clark - settled in well at his new home in Geelong and kicked some goals earlier in the year

Shaun Higgins - North's leading goalkicker with 24, and exceeding expectations

Taylor Hunt - averaging career best numbers in Richmond's defence

Tom Boyd LOL

Griffen's been good at GWS taking tags away from Shiel and Treloar, and a big chunk of his salary is paid for by another team too.

Typical for a supporter to pump up one of their own players, but Travis Varcoe has been seriously good this year.. I wasn't too fussed with his recruitment but it seems to have been inspired. I'm loving Jack Crisp's work as well.

From other clubs, Dayne Beams is playing good footy as expected. Joel Patful to GWS before he got injured was excellent.

Dayne Beams - been a standout in the Lions' midfield with no Tom Rockliff for large portions of 2015

He has been good, but you probably need to factor in what they gave up to get him, which looking back was a steal for us.

Mitch Clark - settled in well at his new home in Geelong and kicked some goals earlier in the year

Surprised he actually has played 8 games, because it seems like he has been injured for most of the year. Has been OK without being great.

As for others Hallahan and Garlett have been solid.

The Hawks havent really bought anyone new but Ceglar (Collingwood ~2013) and Hartung (2013/14 draft) have been pretty awesome.

Frawley?

He has been good when he has played, just unfortunately been plagued by injuries all year. Kept Buddy to one of his quietest games of his career (7 disposals, 0.0 goals.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of Higgins and Crisp as far as recycled players go. Both have been very, very good for their new sides.

For the Saints I think that Lonie and Sinclair have given our forward half a totally new dynamic. Amazing stuff from pick 41 and a rookie!

Out of Higgins and Crisp as far as recycled players go. Both have been very, very good for their new sides.

For the Saints I think that Lonie and Sinclair have given our forward half a totally new dynamic. Amazing stuff from pick 41 and a rookie!
No draftees

Typical for a supporter to pump up one of their own players, but Travis Varcoe has been seriously good this year.. I wasn't too fussed with his recruitment but it seems to have been inspired. I'm loving Jack Crisp's work as well.

From other clubs, Dayne Beams is playing good footy as expected. Joel Patful to GWS before he got injured was excellent.

I laughed when the pies recruited him.
The joke is on me now...I liked Ling's call on Friday "he never did that at Geelong"

Josh Bruce has been the recycled recruit pf the year so far, especially considering the Saints got him for cheap as chips, he has been a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back