Nov 30, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Celtics, Patriots, R Sox
if you do.

you suck.

get into metal, take that ****ing cap off and stop looking like a wigger.

I do, but no wigger look for me - I'm too busy wearing corpsepaint and studs to work to prove I'm metal and troo.
:p

what kind of hardcore are you talking about?

you mean the 80's hardcore legends like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains, Minor Threat and the Misfits? If so, then that's a massive f*ck yeah. Supremely powerful music from that era that shits on any metal band floating around today.

Don't mind some of the hardcore/metalcore acts of today, but the 80s hardcore scene was where it's at.

And what's all this wigger stuff? People at hardcore shows usually wear tight jeans and a tee... maybe you've got your wires crossed with the lamentable era of nu-metal??

what kind of hardcore are you talking about?

you mean the 80's hardcore legends like Black Flag, Dead Kennedys, Bad Brains, Minor Threat and the Misfits? If so, then that's a massive f*ck yeah. Supremely powerful music from that era that shits on any metal band floating around today.

Don't mind some of the hardcore/metalcore acts of today, but the 80s hardcore scene was where it's at.

And what's all this wigger stuff? People at hardcore shows usually wear tight jeans and a tee... maybe you've got your wires crossed with the lamentable era of nu-metal??

I have to agree with you on the 80's stuff early hardcore punk was awesome

When I saw Sick of It All last time, there were lots of guys in basketball tops and hats, doing spin kicks and impersonating moves from the Step Down video.....it was horrible but the band were great

i dont mind a bit of the old hxc but i sure do hate all those hardcore kids. what with there tight jeans and hats carefully askew. grrr scene kids. whats worse is all the kids who say there into grindcore but have no idea who analc*nt are. someone should start a thread on stupid scenekids who are stupid. i cant coz im still on noob privs

corpse paint is a black metal thing, and black metal sucks.

I mean the bands where the lead singer wheres a cap for gigs, holds the mic the same way, holds the mic lead behind is back like all the knob jockey core singers do. Also all the bands that the pre-pubescant girls listen to so they are 'different' but in reality they are listening to the same bands as every other conformist (I killed the prom queen, underoath, Parkway Drive).

'ok so we stole baggy pants from wiggers, we stole camo from metal, we steal the depressing lyrics from emos. I KNOW! lets give ourselves lots of piercings and jump around like w***ers and spin our arms, that way we are SORT OF different'.

Parkway Drive don't wear baggy pants, i think....

I rate Parkway Drive quite highly, they're extremely powerful live. Besides their latest album is more metal than hardcore anyway. Metalcore I s'pose, but I wouldn't brand them as w***ers.

I know what you mean about slamdancing. It always amuses me when I go to the Arty and see those weirdos spinning their arms and throwing their legs about. But what do fans do at metal gigs? Is there really that big a difference?

corpse paint is a black metal thing,
really? :rolleyes:

and black metal sucks.
computer says no...

'ok so we stole baggy pants from wiggers, we stole camo from metal, we steal the depressing lyrics from emos. I KNOW! lets give ourselves lots of piercings and jump around like w***ers and spin our arms, that way we are SORT OF different'.

that description doesn't describe the hardcore I know and listen to (both new and old stuff), sounds more like nu-metal, or maybe some of the metalcore bands perhaps?
there is a reasonably large difference...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like hardcore if by hardcore you mean fast punk rock of the early 80s Bad Brains and early Descendents type.

I dont think the Descendents were ever what you would call hardcore. I would count the first E.P. with Ride the Wild and the Fat E.P. with I Like Food and then the classic Milo goes to College as pure pop-punk.

Infact I reckon even Cool To Be You was no edgier than any earlier records, although the lyrics standards were down a little imo. haha and I say that after listing I Like Food above. :D

Ripper Band.

I dont think the Descendents were ever what you would call hardcore. I would count the first E.P. with Ride the Wild and the Fat E.P. with I Like Food and then the classic Milo goes to College as pure pop-punk.

Infact I reckon even Cool To Be You was no edgier than any earlier records, although the lyrics standards were down a little imo. haha and I say that after listing I Like Food above. :D

Ripper Band.

The Descendents had their roots in hardcore. They first emerged during the 80s hardcore era and Bill Stevenson toured with Black Flag as their drummer for some time while the singer of the Descendents went off to college. Though you're right about their sound: It's definitely pop punk.

Ripper Band.

I think some of Milo Goes to College is hardcore-ish. Anyway pop-punk is another genre that changed over the years. Nowadays pop punk means any band that may resemble punk rock even one iota that is popular (or sometimes the other way around, a punk rock band becomes a little popular, they are labelled pop punk).

I think some of Milo Goes to College is hardcore-ish. Anyway pop-punk is another genre that changed over the years. Nowadays pop punk means any band that may resemble punk rock even one iota that is popular (or sometimes the other way around, a punk rock band becomes a little popular, they are labelled pop punk).

True. Pop-punk these days is any "punk" music that is played on MTV basically and even then its just normal pop-rock.

But you could talk about this kind of s**t for days! :D :eek:

80's hardcore such as minor threat and black flag is awesome (reckon DK's are hardcore, i thought they were just punk but oh well). I dont mind Parkway Drive or sick of it all but other than that hardcore basically sucks.

DK's are probably a bit too melodic to be considered hardcore, but then again that goes against me labelling some of Milo goes to college as hardcore. I love Dead Kennedys and think the musical side of their music was grossly underrated. People always go on about Jello, and rightly so but I love the surfy and atmospheric guitar riffs.

I know what you mean about slamdancing. It always amuses me when I go to the Arty and see those weirdos spinning their arms and throwing their legs about.
It always amuses me when I go to the Arty and see those weirdos standing there with their arms crossed looking bored.

Alot of clueless people in this thread.

I mean the bands where the lead singer wheres a cap for gigs, holds the mic the same way, holds the mic lead behind is back like all the knob jockey core singers do. Also all the bands that the pre-pubescant girls listen to so they are 'different' but in reality they are listening to the same bands as every other conformist (I killed the prom queen, underoath, Parkway Drive).
Stopped reading when you listed Underoath as a hardcore band. You idiot.

Parkway Drive and Prom Queen are more metalcore, but have a strong hardcore following as they originated from that scene.

Do you even know what a hardcore band is?

What the....?

Black metal is godly.

Obviously you haven't heard the new Cobalt album, Eater of Birds!Or anything by Drudkh or Negura Bunget or Wolves in the throne room.

True, black metal has it's fair share of garbage like any genre, but the best black metal is the best metal out there.

Anyway forget what people look like, only the music matters.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back