fred cook

Premiership Player
Jan 14, 2005
brunswick
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
nnn
We have to get rid of his cronies that he has brought with him from Geelong or the bombers so at least he feels pressurre from an outsider and can help him with game plan

Any ideas who to get

Luke Power ??

Bring in Westy in some form. And try to get Malthouse in a Bomber role. Even though I have faith in Macca he does seem out of his element on game day, which should come with experience but Malthouse would help him along.

We need some sort of match-day strategist. Whatever McCartney's doing, it seems to be all during the week. He doesn't front up when it comes to the game itself.

Probably can't afford one, though.

As much as I'd like to see it, Malthouse won't come back to our club. I don't think superman could help Macca through this.

If this ******* club has the balls, it should immediately approach Malthouse purely from an emotional aspect. He has unfinished business. As for the current coach, piss off back to Ocean Grove. I don't give a rats how good the likes of Tom Harley or any other Geelong sycophant thinks you are. You are second rate and that's being generous. You are driving my club backwards to levels that rival Royce Hart. Believe me, that was bad. I had the displeasure of living that era. We have not yet hit rock bottom.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This doesn't just apply to this thread but through a lot of the rubbish i've been reading but God some of you are pathetic, I know every team has their over the top supporters who want to cut up their memberships at the first sign of trouble but this is ridiculous. He hasn't even had a full season yet to implement his plan and get the right players he needs to win. For people to want him sacked or have a plan of someone to take over from him next year is a joke. I remember the majority of people calling for Worsfold's job over here just the other year and He has proven to be one of the best coaches going around. Same for Buckley after the first few rounds this year.

Give the man a chance and a legitimate amount of time to build the list he needs and implement the game plan he believes will win before writing him off. If after a few years we've made no improvements, the players are tuning him out and he has proven he doesn't have what it takes to get us back up the ladder then yes, definitely review his position and find someone who will be more suitable. Boyd is obviously not going to admit it but we re rebuilding. It's going to be a bit of pain and a fair few losses before we see some success but I'm going to stick with my club and give them support when they need it most, not stick the boots in and call for everyone's head after a rough year. Loyalty and pride is what sets us apart from not only other clubs in the AFL but in leagues all over the world.

If you're not going to stick around through the tough times I don't want to see you here during the good times.

If this ******* club has the balls, it should immediately approach Malthouse purely from an emotional aspect. He has unfinished business. As for the current coach, piss off back to Ocean Grove. I don't give a rats how good the likes of Tom Harley or any other Geelong sycophant thinks you are. You are second rate and that's being generous. You are driving my club backwards to levels that rival Royce Hart. Believe me, that was bad. I had the displeasure of living that era. We have not yet hit rock bottom.
Some people (Eddie, Sheahan) are suggesting that Mick would only coach a club that's 1) in the premiership window and 2) is well resourced.

Everyone at the club has to be put on notice. However, at this stage, I think the form can be blamed more on the recruiting staff rather than the coach. After all, it's because of the recruitment team that the coach has got the current crop to pick from.

This doesn't just apply to this thread but through a lot of the rubbish i've been reading but God some of you are pathetic, I know every team has their over the top supporters who want to cut up their memberships at the first sign of trouble but this is ridiculous. He hasn't even had a full season yet to implement his plan and get the right players he needs to win. For people to want him sacked or have a plan of someone to take over from him next year is a joke. I remember the majority of people calling for Worsfold's job over here just the other year and He has proven to be one of the best coaches going around. Same for Buckley after the first few rounds this year.

Give the man a chance and a legitimate amount of time to build the list he needs and implement the game plan he believes will win before writing him off. If after a few years we've made no improvements, the players are tuning him out and he has proven he doesn't have what it takes to get us back up the ladder then yes, definitely review his position and find someone who will be more suitable. Boyd is obviously not going to admit it but we re rebuilding. It's going to be a bit of pain and a fair few losses before we see some success but I'm going to stick with my club and give them support when they need it most, not stick the boots in and call for everyone's head after a rough year. Loyalty and pride is what sets us apart from not only other clubs in the AFL but in leagues all over the world.

If you're not going to stick around through the tough times I don't want to see you here during the good times.

Post of the year Doggies7 - well said mate!

Just get rid of Macca, watching him in the box next to the bloke that should have been coach made me cringe, he appears to have no game plan whatsoever, no idea. There was one stage the camera was on the whole box and I thought that they were all cardboard cut outs. But I guess we have to give him another go next year, probably finish lower than this year, can't wait to see the membership figures next year, am backing about 20,000

He is one of the greatest match day coaches around

Sorry Fred.

Edited for accuracy.

He was one of the greatest match day coaches around until the day he played Rohan Smith on Matthew Robran.

Now for those of you not old enough or those more demented than me, Robran was a big bloke (194 cm and 98 kg) who played for Adelaide in the late 90s. He wasn't much good but he had a day out in a Prelim against us. He kicked 6 goals and took 10 marks from CHF.

If you ask Wallet, he'd admit it was one of his biggest mistakes as coach.

(I won't mention his friendship with Rod Grinter.)

Sorry Fred.

Edited for accuracy.

He was one of the greatest match day coaches around until the day he played Rohan Smith on Matthew Robran.

Now for those of you not old enough or those more demented than me, Robran was a big bloke (194 cm and 98 kg) who played for Adelaide in the late 90s. He wasn't much good but he had a day out in a Prelim against us. He kicked 6 goals and took 10 marks from CHF.

That's one mistake, don't get me started with how many Eade made. Wallace took us from 2nd last in 96' to within 2 points of a grand final in 97'. Sure he got stale in the end of 02', but did a very good job at the Dogs I reckon.

Sorry Fred.

Edited for accuracy.

and leave Cameron warming the bench, Libber was put on Jarman from memory.

******* campaigner was Wallet... cost us the flag in 97

Remove this Banner Ad

Back