who should replace Surjan

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 8, 2004
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
the Power injury/suspension lisk in getting uncomfortably long.

with Surjan out for 3 weeks and no one to come back my guess is that he will be replaced by either:

1. Poulton - 20 touches for maggies

2. Symes - 18 touches for centrals

3. Thomson - 22 touches for sturt including 14 handballs

Next emergency player probably Gilham was 3rd best for North leaugue side with 14 touches at CHB

Russian said:
Don't like any of those options - we've already got two get it out midfielders and 10 half back flankers. I'd prefer Ezard for balance but I suspect it'll be Poults getting another chance

Symes, Thomson, Ezard - who has the most stamina at the moment?

Great to see Gilham did well. His early trial form was unimpressive.

Poults should get it. No question.
I say should as in he deserves it, not as in he probably will.

with the injury list already thin, we can't afford to go in with even more youngsters... i think we have enough youth injected into the team for the time being, and it's time we bring in some experience..

Poults should get a go

Poults has been going ok for the Magpies. I don't see why he would be left out. We need someone like him, nice and hard at the ball.
Let's hope he gets a game, he deserves it.

malcolm said:
the Power injury/suspension lisk in getting uncomfortably long.

with Surjan out for 3 weeks and no one to come back my guess is that he will be replaced by either:

1. Poulton - 20 touches for maggies

2. Symes - 18 touches for centrals

3. Thomson - 22 touches for sturt including 14 handballs

Next emergency player probably Gilham was 3rd best for North leaugue side with 14 touches at CHB

HOw about we replace Surjan with an umpire ?? From waht I saw last night, having an umpire on side should see us a 5 goal better side :mad:

portentous said:
Well knock me over with a feather........ :p

Right or wrong, I expect that it will be Poults that comes in. Between he, Shattock and Cochrane, I'm gonna shut my eyes next week. :rolleyes:

Poults deserves to come into the side. I do not want to think about what will happen with these 3 on the field at once.

Perhaps combining for some breathtaking football. ;)

How far off is Sal then?? I thought he must be pretty close but no mention of him coming back in for Surj.
Come too think of it even when fit Sal will prob need a couple of weeks with the bays too regain a little match conditioning.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

deeps said:
with the injury list already thin, we can't afford to go in with even more youngsters...

We would only be swapping a youngster with a youngster so nothing lost there, so Brad Symes would be my selection.

If Poult's was to make the side we would become one dimensional, we can't have Cochrane, Shattock, Kingsley and him in the one side - I think I would go insane.

I'm not so sure it will be Poults. If ever he was going to get a chance it was against the Lions with so many of our experienced and tougher players out.

I honestly think Symesy will get a shot. Seeing the other four young blokes do so well last night really left me thinking we got a helluva lot out of the win. We need a player who can play back as well as run near the midfield, and I would expect Symes to get his chance. Shouldn't be too overawed and I suspect he will feel comfortable playing alongside guys like Pettigrew and Chaplin.

On the Crows, again our matchups will be interesting to watch. Not that their forwards shone today, but they have four down there we will need to get the right opponents for.
Chad has not started the year off well - Perrie has a good record against him, and it makes you wonder how Choco will juggle his options with Bish still out probably.
Monty could probably take Welsh, especially in current form.
Pettigrew looks a good matchup for Hentschel.
Cornes on Mark Stevens would sit better with me than Cornes on Perrie.
Wakelin to get Perrie for mine.

JuniorBurger said:
How far off is Sal then?? I thought he must be pretty close but no mention of him coming back in for Surj.
Come too think of it even when fit Sal will prob need a couple of weeks with the bays too regain a little match conditioning.
Sal was listed as two weeks last week so that would mean he could be right for the Carlton game but as you point out Choco may want him to have a run with the Bays to get a bit of match fitness. The club played it very conservative last year with players coming back from injuries and Saturday night certainly showed that we still have the depth not to need to rush players back.

For my money Poults will get a run this week given the pressure games that Showdowns are. Poults is not the most skillful player but against the Cows that's not really an issue. He is tough and hard at it and given the number of youngsters already in the side this should get him the nod over Symes.

Andre said:
Symes for Surjan
Poulton for Cochrane

I'm having horrible visions of Cochrane trying to tag Riccuito or McLeod and the lucky opponent having 40 possessions and 3 or 4 goals on our 'super-tagger' :(

Geezus, I had the same sort of dream last night, except with Robert Shirley tagging Roger James! :D

I hope its Symes. He's earnt a crack IMO. Poulton's had many a chance without showing enough quality to cement himself. Love and respect the way he attacks the footy, but he just doesn't have the composure and skills.

If the Grew can do it against the Lions then there is no reason why Symes can't do the same against the Crows.

Don't know why the hell we'd swap Cochrane for Poulton. If Cochrane comes out, it's going to be for an accountable midfielder, not another half back flanker. Peter Walsh has placed the nail in the coffin and Shattock will nail shut Poulton's AFL career. Love him for the game winner against Sydney and his overall give it a go 'tude but his time is over.

sog35 said:
Don't know why the hell we'd swap Cochrane for Poulton. If Cochrane comes out, it's going to be for an accountable midfielder, not another half back flanker. Peter Walsh has placed the nail in the coffin and Shattock will nail shut Poulton's AFL career. Love him for the game winner against Sydney and his overall give it a go 'tude but his time is over.

Well that is your opinion and you are allowed to have it but i think that his AFl Carrer is not over and he has still something to offer to PAFC

I would think Poults deserves a go before Symes. Not just saying that cos he's my favourite player. We need tough players like him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back