Moved Thread Who was/is the better player. Gary Ablett jnr or Dustin Martin?

Who's the better player Gary jnr or Dusty?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If you compare GAJ's performances in finals for Geelong between 2007 and 2010 with Martin's for Richmond between 2017 and 2020, there is a bee's dick between them and actually a reasonable argument that GAJ's performances were better.
Fadge... Remember... Nobody can outdoo the immortal job of kicking four goals on jake kolojashnee...

I feel like the argument of martin as the GOAT is the same argumemt as hodge and mcleod as GOAT. Purely based off norm smiths which is so far off determing GOAT its not funny. It is a very pointless discussion with richmond fans who go about this odd bizzare criteria of GOAT= whoever i feel had thr best one season based off my own opinion of a best season” and its purely laughable to the point of leaving.

It must just bother richmond fans' alot nobody rates martin in GOAT discussions.

Ooof I’ve hit a nerve lol. Fact is:

Peak Finals- Dusty
Consistency Finals-Dusty
Peak H&A-Dusty
Consistency H&A-GAJ

People can think whatever they like, most people thought the earth was flat once.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I call massive bs on this “dusty is best finals player” nonsense.. none of his finals games even crack top 20 finals matches ever played.

Plenty have gone to levels in September dusty has never been close to.

Off top of my head ablett senior kicked 9 in a losing grand final from HFF and tore some others open big time, Wayne Carey regularly kicked 5-6 goals from 20-30 touches, Simon black ended up with 39 touches and a goal in a midfield domination.

That is probably at least 6-7 games off top of my mind to a level he never played.. so at least stop making up stuff that is so ridiculously off.

I’ve never met a poster who gets laughed at as much as you do with your opinions.

Back