Who will defend this government?

Remove this Banner Ad

So we need to slash spending to stop them getting fisted?

We could perhaps try increasing revenue instead. And not give them ideologically driven tax increases without purpose so you can blame the opposition.

How so medusala?

How many taxes can you levy that the rich wont pay more than others? They have greater income, capital gains, consumption, fringe benefits etc.

There are a few like drivers licences etc. However, they still would get fisted by increases in those sorts of taxes but just fisted at the same rate as everyone else. Any increase in tax will see them fisted more in $ terms.

The only way to fist them less is for the government to spend less.

I'm not talking about levying taxes at individuals medusala.

I see some chat about class tension and redistribution if that's what this fisting debate is all about and yet no one has come to "defend this government" on it's abandonment then reversal of it's own liberty principles. To be fair pokers had a go whilst putting considerable distance between himself and the LNP but I think we can say that even his statement that Labor are worse, is wrong.

As the title suggests Coalition voters, grow a pair and come defend this government that you created from the charges of authoritarianism or admit that you're pretenders when it comes to freedom.

I dare say most of the right wing posters on this site really do not vote for the LNP.

Lol @ David Marr. Article is discredited in the first para. That woman isn't facing charges for blowing the whistle over Abbotts daughter. She isn't facing charges under any new government laws. She stole personal and private information from her employer.
Wow - what a takedown. She isn't facing charges for blowing the whistle, but only for what she did in order to blow the whistle. Massive ROFLOLZ there. What a total douche bag. XSess And mottRain Can't be Accused of Splitting-hairs Mindlessly.
It's possible for a dictatorship to foster a liberal society. I even named examples. ...Singapore has effectively been a benevolent dictatorship since formation, and it's still going alright... Witness how many people in this thread think they have a right to dictate who and how I can sell my sheep to. None of their business, but they still think they have the right to use the force of government to tell me how to do my job.
You don't like single desk selling of ag products, then? And it's a curious sort of libertarianism if you think Singapore is a good example. Don't you end up in jail for spitting there? Or is it all about the tax?

Wow - what a takedown. She isn't facing charges for blowing the whistle, but only for what she did in order to blow the whistle.

Perhaps you cant get your head around it, but Abbotts daughter deserves the same privacy as everyone else. People cant be hacking into her private affairs just to "score" political harm on her dad. Not to mention she stole the info off her employer (as well as confidential details of 500 other students). And for you to condone this as the actions of a "whistleblower" is pathetic. I remember you having a big sook because people said mean things about Gillards hairdresser boyfriend (over stuff on the public record).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dare say most of the right wing posters on this site really do not vote for the LNP.
It's always the excuse rolled out but they have the highest primary vote in the country. Labor voters will often have a sook and put Greens first, but basically the vast majority of right wing voters in Australia put the Liberal party first.

I gave up trying to understand the mind of a sadomasochist years ago. Who knows who and why they vote for what. Boat people I guess.

Perhaps you cant get your head around it, but Abbotts daughter deserves the same privacy as everyone else. People cant be hacking into her private affairs just to "score" political harm on her dad. Not to mention she stole the info off her employer (as well as confidential details of 500 other students). And for you to condone this as the actions of a "whistleblower" is pathetic. I remember you having a big sook because people said mean things about Gillards hairdresser boyfriend (over stuff on the public record).

So just to clarify, a young women deserves to GO TO JAIL because she pointed out that a powerful figures daughter received a scholarship, not available to anyone else, as a political favour from a mate?

Maybe you don't get it. The only way in which Tony Abbott's daughters privacy has been violated is through the impropriety of her Dad and the head of the Design School. The information of the 500 other students was taken as supporting documentation to show that NONE of them were offered a similar scholarship despite despite superior grades, work, economic difficulty. It is a clear cut case of cronyism.

Christ, why do I bother...no wonder this government's able to roll out a police state while cretins like you are willing to give a free pass to anything they do, as long as they aren't Gillard.

Grow up.

So just to clarify, a young women deserves to GO TO JAIL because she pointed out that a powerful figures daughter received a scholarship, not available to anyone else, as a political favour from a mate?

Maybe you don't get it. The only way in which Tony Abbott's daughters privacy has been violated is through the impropriety of her Dad and the head of the Design School. The information of the 500 other students was taken as supporting documentation to show that NONE of them were offered a similar scholarship despite despite superior grades, work, economic difficulty. It is a clear cut case of cronyism.

Christ, why do I bother...no wonder this government's able to roll out a police state while cretins like you are willing to give a free pass to anything they do, as long as they aren't Gillard.

Grow up.
No noone nowhere should have their privacy violated as a result of a third party's actions.

Spare the hysterics. She's in trouble for hacking into private and confidential database and leaking personal information to a (left wing) newspaper. I'm impressed though, how you alone have been able to make a finding of cronyism? Perhaps you should tell the Crime and Corruption Commission who obviously dont have your investigative accumen.

Spare the histerics. She's in trouble for hacking into private and confidential database and leaking personal information to a (left wing) newspaper. I'm impressed though, how you alone have been able to make a finding of cronyism? Perhaps you should tell the Crime and Corruption Commission who obviously dont have your investigative accumen.

Bruvver at least get the body part correct "hysterics" : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female_hysteria

No noone nowhere should have their privacy violated as a result of a third party's actions.

A noble fantasy. Unfortunately this would render nearly all police investigations in to illegality impossible. This is why we once had very strict laws both regarding warrants and information collection as well as protections for those who expose wrong doing. It's very hard for a justice system based on proof of guilt to function without evidence collection.

Get it?

Spare the hysterics. She's in trouble for hacking into private and confidential database and leaking personal information to a (left wing) newspaper. I'm impressed though, how you alone have been able to make a finding of cronyism? Perhaps you should tell the Crime and Corruption Commission who obviously dont have your investigative accumen.

You make it sound like she's Julian Assange. She worked at as a librarian and administrator at the school and had access to these documents, she believed it to be improper and she acted. Possibly going internally first may have been an option but considering the Dean had authorised it in the first place it's a good bet that wasn't an option.

You may have missed the point I was making. Quite frankly politicians getting back scratches from supporters are common enough across the main parties, and whilst they often blur the lines between political donations and illegality and factoring in my personal belief that someone who accepts gifts whilst in office to advance his personal life is of poor enough character to exclude from leading our country, that is not my point.

My point is that from pressure from the government a young woman is going to jail for two years for daring to point out something frighteningly obvious. The Prime Ministers daughter got a significant, all expenses scholarship from a party supporter for no other reason apart from that she is the Prime Ministers daughter. As I pointed out near my first post this government has a wanton disregard for the very principles of liberty, rule of law and all that is great about the 'British' system that it's constantly claiming to be the defender of.

Last edited:
Do you? Perhaps you could link to it. I don't even know what you're talking about.

And, yes, she is clearly a whistle-blower. Abbott's daughter got a huge favour. It wasn't declared as a 'gift' to Tony Abbott when it clearly should've been. I know you've been following the ICAC hearings as you've posted over there, still trying to claim Gillard was wooorrst evaaaa, so perhaps you've noted that political parties are meant to declare donations over certain thresholds?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back