Who's gonna finish 8th?

Remove this Banner Ad

Game would be at the MCG.
Was gonna say that if we belted GWS by enough, but have a sneaking suspicion the AFL would put us at Docklands.
The game would get 50-55 at the G but it would get 40-45 at Etihad.
What would be a better spectical?

I have us playing North either way. Either here at PS or over at the MCG. Which is ****** they should give you Etihad as its your home ground
I can us playing you either way also.
I think you guys would be confident at the G or PS but if its at Etihad it would be a true home ground advantage for us in a final.

No. Interestingly if the Sirengate result had not have got changed there would've been a qualifying final Derby in 06.

Damn, that incident just sucked on every level didn't it :p Ah well, hopefully we'll see one this year.

Vwr1r.jpg

That is my Ideal (but rather unlikely) finals series

Richmond is the wildcard, if the planets align they could sneak in but more importantly, they play Fremantle and Essendon in the next two games, if they win both of those then they will throw the cat amongst the pigeons in terms of who is within striking distance.

Richmond are no chance. They stuffed it by losing to Fremantle at home and Gold Coast as well. Had the won those 2 i'd give them a good chance. I'd say St Kilda would have a far better chance at scraping into the 8 than Richmond, thanks to a better % and an easier last 2 games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only exception is if Ess beat Carl, Rich, Coll in a row... which is what 50-1? 100-1? On current form

Just to give an example...

Essendon

Win v Carlton 30
Win v Richmond 30
Lose v Collingwood 12

Fremantle

Win v Richmond 30
Lose v North 30
Win v Melbourne 60

Those results would see Essendon ahead by percentage.

It is hardly a case of Fremantle being well ahead on percentage.

Tomorrow if a defining day however, the ramifications of an Essendon or Fremantle loss would be huge. If they both win, the margins will be incredibly important.

When I do the ladder predictor, Freo scrape into the finals on percentage. West Coast are fifth, meaning a finals derby. Which... would.... be insane. I don't care if we lose it, because we'd likely lose against anyone else in a finals situation. Just being there would be an experience.

I reckon we'll get into the eight though. Should beat Richmond tomorrow, and should beat Melbourne by 60-odd. The North game will be a massive test, it's going to come down to the midfield as both Petrie and Pav could be entirely shut out. McPharlin kept Petrie goalless last time Etihad. And Pav will get double tagged, I guess..

This weekend will go a long way. But next weekend will be intense. I'm excited.

Bit of Dejavu from '92, '94 eh? It would be interesting seeing 5th and 6th go at it in the grand final though!

hahaha yeah actually it'd probably be even better if freo made it over Essendon. Which looking at the matchups, should happen. Freo will surely make up the percentage against melbourne.

I have us playing North either way. Either here at PS or over at the MCG. Which is ****** they should give you Etihad as its your home ground

Depending on other permutations, but the game could be played at Etihad if other games are scheduled at the MCG. Can't remember the exactly the way it works, but on the opening weekend (where possible) at least two games need to be played at the MCG. If three Melb based clubs get home finals, then Etihad will be used ... at Nth vs 'interstate team' I'd say would be a likely choice.

In any case, I'd rather play Nth at MCG than Etihad right now.

Richmond are no chance. They stuffed it by losing to Fremantle at home and Gold Coast as well. Had the won those 2 i'd give them a good chance. I'd say St Kilda would have a far better chance at scraping into the 8 than Richmond, thanks to a better % and an easier last 2 games.

They stuffed it by losing 3 consecutive games where they had winning positions deep into the final quarter. Richmond should have been playing finals this year.

Are Richmond supporters still talking up a possible finals spot after declaring the season over after the GC game? Yeah it's mathematically possible, but it won't happen.

They've won 9 games for crying out loud.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back