Why is it

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Goodwin keeps talking about roughing up opposition players? He won't even be there!

No welcome mat for ex-Crow
March 21, 2005 - 4:49PM

West Coast recruit Tyson Stenglein was warned to expect harsh treatment from his former Adelaide teammates when he debuts for the Eagles on Sunday.

Adelaide midfielder Simon Goodwin said Stenglein's decision to flee the Crows' nest would add a touch of spice to the opening round AFL clash at AAMI Stadium.

"He definitely adds an element," Goodwin said.

"We've got an ex-teammate playing against us, so we'll be looking to give him a bit of a rough-up."

Stenglein left the Crows to be near his family in Perth and Goodwin said Adelaide players would show on Sunday they did not appreciate losing a valuable team member.

"Tyson's a quality player and we lost him and we didn't want to, so he'll expect some harsh times on the weekend."

Stenglein is expected to line up on Adelaide captain Mark Ricciuto.

His defensive skills will add an important ingredient to a midfield that was already rated by many as the most talented in the AFL, with the brilliance of Chris Judd, Ben Cousins, Daniel Kerr and Chad Fletcher.

"They're a quality side, they showed that in the Wizard Cup," Goodwin said.

"They're developing, they've got some really good youngsters coming through and their core group of players is exceptional, so we're going to have to be right on our game to win."

Sigh! :rolleyes:

He would of been the selected player to face the media today, it happens at every club one player will always face the media.

Obviously it was Goody's turn today, does it matter if he is playing or not? All last year when the media would ask Primus for his thoughts on an upcoming game should he of just said no comment because he wasnt playing?

Was that really the best you can come up with?

Tool!

Ford Fairlane said:
Simon Goodwin keeps talking about roughing up opposition players? He won't even be there!

No welcome mat for ex-Crow
March 21, 2005 - 4:49PM

West Coast recruit Tyson Stenglein was warned to expect harsh treatment from his former Adelaide teammates when he debuts for the Eagles on Sunday.

Adelaide midfielder Simon Goodwin said Stenglein's decision to flee the Crows' nest would add a touch of spice to the opening round AFL clash at AAMI Stadium.

"He definitely adds an element," Goodwin said.

"We've got an ex-teammate playing against us, so we'll be looking to give him a bit of a rough-up."

Stenglein left the Crows to be near his family in Perth and Goodwin said Adelaide players would show on Sunday they did not appreciate losing a valuable team member.

"Tyson's a quality player and we lost him and we didn't want to, so he'll expect some harsh times on the weekend."

Stenglein is expected to line up on Adelaide captain Mark Ricciuto.

His defensive skills will add an important ingredient to a midfield that was already rated by many as the most talented in the AFL, with the brilliance of Chris Judd, Ben Cousins, Daniel Kerr and Chad Fletcher.

"They're a quality side, they showed that in the Wizard Cup," Goodwin said.

"They're developing, they've got some really good youngsters coming through and their core group of players is exceptional, so we're going to have to be right on our game to win."

I believe Goodies "roughing up" would be along the lines of " hope you have a fair game instead of a good one"

Would be very surprised if anyone targeted Stinger for a bit of rough play.

Blue Red and Gold said:
Sigh! :rolleyes:

He would of been the selected player to face the media today, it happens at every club one player will always face the media.

Obviously it was Goody's turn today, does it matter if he is playing or not? All last year when the media would ask Primus for his thoughts on an upcoming game should he of just said no comment because he wasnt playing?

Was that really the best you can come up with?

Tool!

Bloody hell you're a bit precious aren't you sweetie? Maybe if I stick half a million smilies on the post you'll get the drift it was a bit of fun.

And it's not about him not being able to comment when he's not playing ... I just find it amusing when a player talks about roughing someone up and he's not going to be there ... if a Port player had said it I would've been equally amused.

Just in case you don't recall he also made the same comments before the Wizard Cup game ... but I guess your MTV generation attention span wouldn't have held that thought for that long.

topjars said:
BR&G probably knows your track record with trolls.
Same as me :rolleyes:

That's cold ... you guys are just getting way too serious with the start of the season around the corner ...

topjars said:
Bring it on...and warm me up.

Back on the topic...if anybody boos Stinga on Sunday youve got my permission to give 'em a Byron Bodyslam...You are goin arent you FF :confused:

Nothing I'd love more ... but sadly I have to do my hair. But you go right ahead and you give the lovely boys an extra cheer for me ... ;) . And don't be mean to Stinga!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back