Society/Culture Why is Multiculturalism a good thing?

Remove this Banner Ad

OK the whole Aboriginal/immigration/migrant thing went pear shaped for you, no need for a hissy fit.

They are clearly interrelated. Multiculturalism is the cultural diversity of communities within a given society and the policies that promote this diversity (wiki). Therefore, the size, composition (skilled or otherwise) and supply country of migrants will impact both Australia's diversity and its multicultural policies over a long period of time (two maybe three generations I don't know).

Australia has changed its composition of migrants by increasing skilled immigration and this has impacted Australia's diversity and multicultural policies. The focus on skilled unexpectedly changed our cultural diversity as people thought they would come from Europe, but many come from Asia. Generally, less programs are required for high skilled migrants to integrate economically. If migrants don't have English skills that requires different multicultural policies to help them participate. People might want more humanitarian immigration that requires different multicultural policies again. Depending on who and where they come from (this is a policy choice - the number of humanitarian v skilled v family reunion) immigration will determine, to some extent, multicultural polices and the government/private resource required to help.

Estimating the economic benefits of cultural diversity (multiculturalism) using the economic experiences of migrants is valid. If migrants are not raising living standards, or have lower employment outcomes we might need more/different multicultural policies. For example, more language lessons or more cultural sensitivity lessons (I don't know). However, the experience of migrants in the economy (employment/living standards/education levels) will help determine if multiculturalism is successful. See here http://www.smh.com.au/national/fund-to-tackle-migrant-unemployment-20130630-2p5b3.html. Is tackling high unemployment within the migrant community multiculturalism?

Here is one way to improve it allow them to use there qualifications.

The OP wanted evidence and I've tried to provide it. On an economic basis it has been a huge success or failure. So do multicultural policies need to change - probably, can we do better - probably.

I also said there are other way to measure it, but it would be difficult. I look forward to your evidence and methodology?

Your a real dip sh1t. The study I was responding to was a CRC study that linked cultural diversity (immigration) to economic growth - why don't you go off at CLUBMEDhurst for being a hung up on skin colour and white power and the authors of the CRC.

Wait so somebody corrects you on a basic logical error which makes you feel dumb so you equate it to a hissy fit?

Mum used to slap you for colouring outside the lines or something?

Wait so somebody corrects you on a basic logical error which makes you feel dumb so you equate it to a hissy fit?

Mum used to slap you for colouring outside the lines or something?

I said you can measure the economic impact on livings standards of multiculturalism through immigration (skilled mostly) and the economic outcomes of first and second generation migrants. I also provide a number of studies, CLUBMEBhurst provided one as well and all you did was play the *s retort of racism. I showed you how high unemployment amongst migrants led directly to policy - migrant qualification need to be recognised - a multicultural policy/initiative. I also said there are other ways to measure it, but I wasn't sure how robust those methods were.

You disagree, fine. But, in turn you offer nothing, just insults (and not funny ones, just sad ones). When you have some evidence ( no cultural enrichment studies) rather than stupid statements post it. Time to put up or shut up. No hissy fits thanks, just your evidence.

I said you can measure the economic impact on livings standards of multiculturalism through immigration (skilled mostly) and the economic outcomes of first and second generation migrants. I also provide a number of studies, CLUBMEBhurst provided one as well and all you did was play the ******s retort of racism. I showed you how high unemployment amongst migrants led directly to policy - migrant qualification need to be recognised - a multicultural policy/initiative. I also said there are other ways to measure it, but I wasn't sure how robust those methods were.

You disagree, fine. But, in turn you offer nothing, just insults (and not funny ones, just sad ones). When you have some evidence ( no cultural enrichment studies) rather than stupid statements post it. Time to put up or shut up. No hissy fits thanks, just your evidence.
Hmmmn, Collingwood fan, not one post in the Collingwood forum.

Seems legit.

What was your last username?

Hmmmn, Collingwood fan, not one post in the Collingwood forum.

Seems legit.

What was your last username?

I started here (Society, Religion and Politics), have made 40 posts and not posted on the Collingwood forum. That's right this has ever happened before - somebody not posting on their team board after 40 posts? This accusation has been made before, in fact it The Coup who accessed me of being somebody else (sure you're not The Coup?). I basically said he was paranoid, you can review that conversation if you want.

I started here (Society, Religion and Politics), have made 40 posts and not posted on the Collingwood forum. That's right this has ever happened before - somebody not posting on their team board after 40 posts? This accusation has been made before, in fact it The Coup who accessed me of being somebody else (sure you're not The Coup?). I basically said he was paranoid, you can review that conversation if you want.
:drunk:

I tried to phase the first post so as not to elicit a response from you. This one has the same objective.
Don't worry. Won't get far with these delusional morons. Go have a look at an account 'poller' and see how much he has commented on the Hawthorn board. Won't see these types questioning his activities for fact that he supports their political ideologies.

I said you can measure the economic impact on livings standards of multiculturalism through immigration (skilled mostly) and the economic outcomes of first and second generation migrants. I also provide a number of studies, CLUBMEBhurst provided one as well and all you did was play the ******s retort of racism. I showed you how high unemployment amongst migrants led directly to policy - migrant qualification need to be recognised - a multicultural policy/initiative. I also said there are other ways to measure it, but I wasn't sure how robust those methods were.

Again, immigration is not particularly relevant to multiculturalism. You can have multiple cultures without having any immigrants, as I've pointed out to you already.

I'm sorry it hurts.

When did I say that?

Not saying I didn't, I just can't remember it.

Again, immigration is not particularly relevant to multiculturalism. You can have multiple cultures without having any immigrants, as I've pointed out to you already.

I'm sorry it hurts.

Don't get distracted Coup, keep on the case.

Don't get distracted Coup, keep on the case.

You constructed an argument based on a logical fallacy.

I pointed out the rather simple logical fallacy.

I can't provide more evidence other than "how ******* dumb would you have to be to think multiculturalism is the same thing as immigration"

I hope that assists you in your adventures, young warrior.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably around my third post. But, you didn't name who you thought I might have been (very disappointing).

I'm surprised I cared that much. You must have really lowered the quality of your posts since then.

You constructed an argument based on a logical fallacy.

I pointed out the rather simple logical fallacy.

I can't provide more evidence other than "how ******* dumb would you have to be to think multiculturalism is the same thing as immigration"

I hope that assists you in your adventures, young warrior.

I see you don't understand - evidence related to the opening post.

I'm going to report you for spam. If you're going to sulk, do it on another forum please.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back