Will State of Origin and Good Friday happen

Will State of Origin and Good Friday be part of football fixture?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

gillo94

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2014
Hoppers Crossing
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
LA Lakers
Hi all, want opinions
I'm getting super impressions that their is no chance of either event happening as AFL can't get its act together and GF can't find suitable rivalrys and teams that can make it a great long term event

Sadly I think no
I'm aware there is already threads regarding this, so just a poll, and a comment if want but not a discussion as mentioned there are threads in other sections of BigFooty

I don't see why we can't have both. SoO run over two weeks in February and Good Friday footy should be played if the demand is there

I don't see why we can't have both. SoO run over two weeks in February and Good Friday footy should be played if the demand is there

I'm starting to like the idea of SOO being played on Good Friday so no team has a hold on the day, instead shared amongst the comp and maximising funds for the appeal

Victoria v South Australia @ MCG
West Australia v QLD @ Patersons
NSW v Tasmania @ ANZ Stadium

then rotate it yearly depending on above results. Say Winners of games 1 & 2 play following year.
Loser of game 1 eg. SA plays winner of game 3 eg. NSW following year

Your poll question is will it happen. Is that what you intended to ask, or are you asking if it should happen? They are very different.

Why please explain?
Don't like idea of AllStars playjng raising money for charity?

The AFL is very much not keen on reviving the SOO concept, and if they do at some point, there's no chance it will be just before/during the regular season, ALA Good Friday - interferes too much with club schedules. It would only ever be post-season, like International Rules now is.

I'm not saying I don't like the idea, but the topic is will it happen. It certainly won't in that format.

The AFL is very much not keen on reviving the SOO concept, and if they do at some point, there's no chance it will be just before/during the regular season, ALA Good Friday - interferes too much with club schedules. It would only ever be post-season, like International Rules now is.

I'm not saying I don't like the idea, but the topic is will it happen. It certainly won't in that format.

Agree.

I don't think will happen reason being I don't think AFL can see any 2 teams pulling it off over a 5 year period

Back