Will we make top 4?

Will we make top 4 ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

We still need everything to fall our way for a top 2 spot. We will be playing the Eagles in week one regardless, I'd just be much happier if it was on the G.

We still need everything to fall our way for a top 2 spot. We will be playing the Eagles in week one regardless, I'd just be much happier if it was on the G.

I would not so its that far fetched that the Eagles will drop a game in the run home so we just have to make sure we take care of business.

I this going to be very tight indeed and if we make top 4 that will be yet again another enormous effort against seemingly insurmountable odds a la the 2014 winter campaign.

Well Carltons win over Geelong doesn't hurt. If Bulldogs lose as well, we will be looking good after this weekend.

Damn!!!

5 game ending injuries saved the skanky bulldog rubbish from a certain defeat at the hands of the truly mediocre but thoroughly hapless Pies.

I have never seen an empty 4 man interchange bench before let alone one deserted before three quarter time.

It's ok, western Bulldogs play west coast this week, and GWS play Geelong. All we have to do is beat Melbourne and we just two spots.

As a side note I think Richmond can chase down nth Melbourne on Friday
It's a wide open season at the moment no real stand out everyone beatable on their day. Every win we bank now helps our top 4 chances.

Pies would have won if they didn't have the injuries which just proves how open this year is.

Also Cats b2b lol

Currently sitting equal third. Still with out captain to come back in again. Getting some consistency in the side named week to week. I reckon we'll be playing surprisingly well come finals time barring an unexpectedly bad run with injuries! Hopefully good form in the lead up will secure us top four and the form will continue to finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We can but it wont be easy at all, we need to win 9 of our last 12.

Agreed.

Games against the bottom 10
Melbourne x 2
Essendon
Gold Coast (Tassie)
Port Adelaide (away)
Richmond
Carlton (Tassie)
Collingwood

Games against the top 8
North Melbourne x 2
Sydney (away)
West Coast (away)

Need to defeat all teams below us and find 1 win out of the 4 we play against the top 8 (top 6)

The two North Melbourne games plus Port Adelaide away are shaping up as the determining factors...

Need to find a way to lift our percentage to 120-125%.

As it stands at best we are looking like a North Melbourne 1999 premier and at worst a Geelong 2014 finals capitulation waiting to happen...

2 things:

1. The North, Port and Shitney game block will be crucial and will determine if we make top 4 or not. We need to win 2 of the 3. We will lose to WC over there.

2. We need to start playing at least 2 qtrs of good footy to put teams away, not just 1... ;). But seriously especially after the bye, we need to start to flick the switch.

Top 4 is ours if we want it!

Remember there's a week off after the last H&A round so if a side was ever going to win it from outside the top 4 it will be this year....whoever wins their qf will have played one game of footy in 3 weeks! Depending on how the cards fall I'd almost rather finish 5th and host a final than finish 4th and go over to Perth to cop another qf spanking. The higher ranked prelim sides will be vulnerable this year thanks to the afl placating their betting partners and introducing this ridiculous bye.

Remember there's a week off after the last H&A round so if a side was ever going to win it from outside the top 4 it will be this year....whoever wins their qf will have played one game of footy in 3 weeks! Depending on how the cards fall I'd almost rather finish 5th and host a final than finish 4th and go over to Perth to cop another qf spanking. The higher ranked prelim sides will be vulnerable this year thanks to the afl placating their betting partners and introducing this ridiculous bye.

Sydney and West Coast will no doubt finish 1 and 2 and with the week's rest before the finals, I'd rather play a qualifying final interstate first-up (with a chance at a home prelim) than a potential knockout final interstate then back it up the following week with another interstate final.

Back