Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MM really used the home ground advantage to the max and finally put 4 quarters of footy together. Same as Warrack Eagles. If United do not lift their game it will be another win for the Burra's in a few weeks and the Diggers after 3 prelims in a row could end up with the spoon. Cant do much about it when you lose 15-20 players from last years list. At least the U17 Diggers look promising.
Cant really see anyone else but Horsham winning the GF this year. Stawell have not remained as strong, Dimboola's deep pockets are running dry, Ararat & Saints are too young, and the others dont cut it and Horsham with some good local recruiting of ready made players like Marcus Anson and the cream of young guns coming through like Dylan Parish, their depth is too good. Only a string of injuries at the end of the season will see them challenged.

MM really used the home ground advantage to the max and finally put 4 quarters of footy together. Same as Warrack Eagles. If United do not lift their game it will be another win for the Burra's in a few weeks and the Diggers after 3 prelims in a row could end up with the spoon. Cant do much about it when you lose 15-20 players from last years list. At least the U17 Diggers look promising.
Cant really see anyone else but Horsham winning the GF this year. Stawell have not remained as strong, Dimboola's deep pockets are running dry, Ararat & Saints are too young, and the others dont cut it and Horsham with some good local recruiting of ready made players like Marcus Anson and the cream of young guns coming through like Dylan Parish, their depth is too good. Only a string of injuries at the end of the season will see them challenged.

See what happens when you take your medication NARDOO you post relevant comments on this forum.
By the way im sorry to hear about your child hood upbringing.what did you expect growing up in horsham....

top 3:
Stawell: Paul Hanns, Ben Scott and Julian Carr
Ararat: Al batchelor Dale Bligh BJ Burton

As for the other teams i don't know. Yes I think Horsham can be knocked off but after last weeks effort i don't know if it can be Stawell

croweater, i think you have hit the nail on the head with both the stawell and ararat teams..

are their any other representitves of other clubs to post an idea of the other sides. specially nhill, eagles and all 3 horsham sides.

Big call, write stawell off at your peril, will come home with a wet sail!

seniorsround11ladderzh3.jpg

Who do you reckon would win in a match with our best 22 vs. HDFL's best 22?

Seniors - WFL by 55 pts (could be closer depending on injuries)
Reserves - WFL by 145 pts
U17s - WFL by 65 pts
U14's - WFL by 123 pts

The leagues should go ahead with this game and organise a dual bye round to fit it in. It would be a surefire winner and it would be a great day out for Wimmera & District footy with a huge crowd, plenty of passion and the ability to generate heaps of media and community interest.

U17s - WFL by 65 pts
U14's - WFL by 123 pts

The leagues should go ahead with this game and organise a dual bye round to fit it in. It would be a surefire winner and it would be a great day out for Wimmera & District footy with a huge crowd, plenty of passion and the ability to generate heaps of media and community interest.
No injuries. Each Leagues BEST sides.

They all seem to be blowouts.

Anyone else think differently?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

U17s - WFL by 65 pts
U14's - WFL by 123 pts

All 3 bar the reserves are prob a correct prediction......however there are quite a few handy players running around in the HDFL nowadays (albeit ex-wimmera players)........as for the reserves neither are an overly high standard of football!! I watched the Stawell V's Ararat game the other Sunday and from what I seen I think this is just another of your stupid statements saying that the WFL would win by 145pts.........and having played in both leagues I know first hand that this would not be the case, the 2 better sides in the HDFL being Kalkee and Laharum would challenge the better sides in the Wimmera League Ressies with out a doubt!!

Well 'SlightlySore' I think your statement is high on the list of stupidity as well. Watching some HDFL ressies games over the last two years was quite laughable on many occassions including teams like Kalkee, Laharum and Pimpinio. Having also not that long ago played in both leagues I can certainly say that the WFL in all grades epsecially ressies U17's & U14's would still be much stronger.
Current WFL ressies players who would all easily pull games in HDFL senior sides include a pretty fit past Toohey winner in Glare iand some of his quite handy team mates in Knight, Hopper, Landwehr, and what about Matthews, Evans Leslie & co from Stawell, Jones, McCallum, Hutchins, Kirkwood from United and more from the other teams. WFL ressies easy over HDFL by 100+ points

Well 'SlightlySore' I think your statement is high on the list of stupidity as well. Watching some HDFL ressies games over the last two years was quite laughable on many occassions including teams like Kalkee, Laharum and Pimpinio. Having also not that long ago played in both leagues I can certainly say that the WFL in all grades epsecially ressies U17's & U14's would still be much stronger.
Current WFL ressies players who would all easily pull games in HDFL senior sides include a pretty fit past Toohey winner in Glare iand some of his quite handy team mates in Knight, Hopper, Landwehr, and what about Matthews, Evans Leslie & co from Stawell, Jones, McCallum, Hutchins, Kirkwood from United and more from the other teams. WFL ressies easy over HDFL by 100+ points

The seniors would be a different story which i think the result would be around 30 pts to wfl.HDFL host a top range of players who could play for anyside in the wimmera Matt and bernie Ward,heath watson,brent penny,max leeming,s schultz,tucker,harrison,jackson,butsch,cross,webb,sasche,flood,hurley,
Theres 15 off the top of my head who would match any top line wimmera player..oh mal adams and jye smith theres a side..

The seniors would be a different story which i think the result would be around 30 pts to wfl.HDFL host a top range of players who could play for anyside in the wimmera Matt and bernie Ward,heath watson,brent penny,max leeming,s schultz,tucker,harrison,jackson,butsch,cross,webb,sasche,flood,hurley,
Theres 15 off the top of my head who would match any top line wimmera player..oh mal adams and jye smith theres a side..

im not even sure if the wfl would beat the hdfl. although the wfl has more depth the best 21 would be very similar... also them players u named are from only 4 teams... there are plenty of other players worthy of inclusion.

Great to see the new Wimmera League Commissioner Johns turning into the Wimmera's own Sam Newman offering his opinon on everything. Not real smart considering he owns a business in the town. Wouldn't think it'd be great for business slagging off at other clubs (Wimmera and District). Pretty easy to throw mud when things are going well.

Great to see the new Wimmera League Commissioner Johns turning into the Wimmera's own Sam Newman offering his opinon on everything. Not real smart considering he owns a business in the town. Wouldn't think it'd be great for business slagging off at other clubs (Wimmera and District). Pretty easy to throw mud when things are going well.

Yeah I agree it was probably not the smartest thing to do in bagging another local club in that way. His point he was trying to make is a pretty good one, seems he just went about making it the wrong way. Laharum did pay out big dollars for a few players which no doubt was a big factor that helped them make a decision to head over to HDFL.

Yep good point and good players and they should all be playing Wimmera League as well. What kind of challenge is there for Laharum, Harrow Balmoral, or Kalkee in lining up against Edenhope, Taylors Lake Swifts or Natimuk. Take most of those you named out of those three teams and put them back into Saints, United, & Minyip Murtoa and then that would even up the HDFL and WFL and make them better leagues for all the teams & supporters knowing they had a chance nearly every week and creating numerous exciting games. It is pretty boring too see sides win so easily especially when it is expected. It is no fun playing & watching your side kick 2-3 goals and have 25-30 kicked against them most weeks. This is not sustainable for the future of the game. The best players in the best league can only be good for footy in the region and the gentry HDFL/WFL commision should realise that and look beyond 2020 not just season by season.

Not local to the Wimmera any more. His comments were?

Yep good point and good players and they should all be playing Wimmera League as well. What kind of challenge is there for Laharum, Harrow Balmoral, or Kalkee in lining up against Edenhope, Taylors Lake Swifts or Natimuk. Take most of those you named out of those three teams and put them back into Saints, United, & Minyip Murtoa and then that would even up the HDFL and WFL and make them better leagues for all the teams & supporters knowing they had a chance nearly every week and creating numerous exciting games. It is pretty boring too see sides win so easily especially when it is expected. It is no fun playing & watching your side kick 2-3 goals and have 25-30 kicked against them most weeks. This is not sustainable for the future of the game. The best players in the best league can only be good for footy in the region and the gentry HDFL/WFL commision should realise that and look beyond 2020 not just season by season.
Anyone have a prediction of the top 5 players to win the toohey medal this year

"I would warn the HDFL we are still handy on the field. If you disagree, I would remind everyone about our preseason game againist Laharum. They had a full side and we were missing a number of players. We lost but have been underfeated this season while Laharum is third. It just goes to show you can't spend your way to a flag."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back