Wimmera Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stawell Seniors also had a good hit out against Altona. Losing by a couple of goals was not a low light considering the younger players (jorah margetsen jacob davis plus others) all playing 4 out of 6 quaters and playin very well a good sign stawell has some good juniors and older players aswell.

On behalf of the Altona Football Club, thank you to Stawell Football Club for the weekend.
Great game played in good spirits, even if a few boy's looked a bit crook Sunday morning. Hope I didnt wake you to early! Chicken buckets stunk though and to many half drunk Bundy cans. I thought you country boys could handle it, or did the $50 blondes in King Street wipe you out.
Anyway good luck for the year and thanks again. you are welcolme anytime. see you next year and get your eyes off A. Freeland. he aint going nowhere. ( Alias da pres):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Hey guys, i'm just wondering if i could get some information on how the Nhill tigers are looking for the year. I hear the signed a coach quite late and am interested to hear if they've recruited anyone.

On behalf of the Altona Football Club, thank you to Stawell Football Club for the weekend.
Great game played in good spirits, even if a few boy's looked a bit crook Sunday morning. Hope I didnt wake you to early! Chicken buckets stunk though and to many half drunk Bundy cans. I thought you country boys could handle it, or did the $50 blondes in King Street wipe you out.
Anyway good luck for the year and thanks again. you are welcolme anytime. see you next year and get your eyes off A. Freeland. he aint going nowhere. ( Alias da pres):thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Is Sammy Ellis still playing down there with Freelo? Would be great to see the both of them back playing in the red & black!!

Hey guys, i'm just wondering if i could get some information on how the Nhill tigers are looking for the year. I hear the signed a coach quite late and am interested to hear if they've recruited anyone.
recruited - no
moved to the town - yes

they put all there eggs in the joel price and daniel hargreaves bucket an got price an look to see hargreaves pull on the tiger guernsy in 09 rumour has it.

price has some great ideas on what he's gonna do with the squad his got gary davidson will definately be a good thing price on field , davidson off field.
the tigers know price wont get them from where they were to top 3 but they do know he will be doing all his ground work this yr to set them up.
Look to see them perform the same as last yr but show signs of structure and ticker.
Also tigers have lost there BnF from last yr Jarryd Graham to S.A an Josh leyonjhelm and from all reports Fritsch will play back at nhill when nnot selected at the roosters.

Is Sammy Ellis still playing down there with Freelo? Would be great to see the both of them back playing in the red & black!!

Sammy is having a year off, though he was at training on Tuesday. Body seems to struggle to get up week after week. As you know he plays it hard and it has taken its toll.

As far as Freeza is concerned the only way he is going to play in red and black while im president is if we change our jumpers.

I know he would love to head back to at least play one year at his old club.

Couple of surprise results from the first round. Horsham and Stawell comfortable winners was to be expected but the Saints belted the Burras which has to be a huge surprise and Nhill had a fast finish to get over the top of United. Could the Horsham Saints be a huge improver this year as their young list has one more year of experience?

how did united under 17s go on the w/e scottyd? thought you said use were gunna go big this year! cant be too flash if u lose to nhill by over 100 which has a few of there better players playin seniors too!

how did united under 17s go on the w/e scottyd? thought you said use were gunna go big this year! cant be too flash if u lose to nhill by over 100 which has a few of there better players playin seniors too!
yeah back in your box scottyd stop talking up the Horsham united under 17's.
i bet your excuse will be your senoirs had a heap out so they poached your unders.
Who cares they got smashed FULL STOP.

Im absolutely stunned by the Sainters. I trained with the boys for a few weeks while i was on holidays back in Feb and they were very fit, but i didn't expect them to improve much on last year, the skills on the track weren't that flash, however it was Feb. It's great to see the boys returning to the old days and handing out 100 point hidings. Hopefully they can continue to improve this year and get the Saints up to where they should be again.

Im absolutely stunned by the Sainters. I trained with the boys for a few weeks while i was on holidays back in Feb and they were very fit, but i didn't expect them to improve much on last year, the skills on the track weren't that flash, however it was Feb. It's great to see the boys returning to the old days and handing out 100 point hidings. Hopefully they can continue to improve this year and get the Saints up to where they should be again.

Can anyone tell me how Matt Combe went on the weekend?

Who cares he's a knob.
Probley kicked a few goals usually does because he's a sh|tscraper.

I was going to ask how Melon's went as well, but that's a pretty ordinary response Animal, perhaps ur a backman and he's kicked a few on u before?? There must be a reason for ur animosity towards Matty?

how did ararat get within 50 points of horsham? have the recruited well? what i have heard the team is young..
well what ever it is the must be in on the up after last years efforts against horsham..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saints did look good on Saturday, got quite a few good kids coming through. Will give them a bit of confidence for the rest of the year. Burras were pretty weak though. Looked like the Under 17's didn't need the united traitors!

Yeah Bighawk, Melons is a top bloke, but i could also see how people wouldn't like him if they weren't mates, has a fiery side to him and a lip to match.

As for the Saints, they are going to need blokes like Hoey, Cloughy, Melons, those sort of blokes to stay together for the next few years and really build the club. As far as i know, Gavo Kelm is the oldest bloke at the club, and with Heater Kelm back adding a bit of experience and polish, the young Saints should go alright.

Kelmy is a great player but is getting slower and will need the young kids to step up every week if the saints are to make the finals. Not sure if that will happen this year.

Yeah ur spot on Dodgey, i wouldn't be surprised if the younger blokes ran out of puff this season. There will be stronger opposition for the rest of the season, so as great as the first win was, i don't think they will figure in September. Hopefully im wrong, but it is a long year, it might take a couple more years together to regain their finals place.

Few interesting games this week, should give us a bit more of an idea where teams stack up for the season. Here are my tips:

Warrack Eagles vs Nhill
Horsham Diggers vs Horsham Demons
Ararat vs Horsham Saints
Minyip Murtoa vs Dimboola

After some big surprises last week looking forward to round 2 of Wimmera League action.

I reckon u've got 4 out of 4 there lions, can't see too many upsets this week. The only possible, based on last week, is the Saints over a supposedly young Rats, but i think they'll be too strong, especially at home and 'only' going down by 50 points to Horsham

Few interesting games this week, should give us a bit more of an idea where teams stack up for the season. Here are my tips:

Warrack Eagles vs Nhill
Horsham Diggers vs Horsham Demons
Ararat vs Horsham Saints
Minyip Murtoa vs Dimboola

After some big surprises last week looking forward to round 2 of Wimmera League action.

Ahk so it is a lot even playing field this year so up sets a plenty.

My tips

Nhill by 30 points
Demons by 10+ goals
Ararat if played there..
Dimboola to accont for min murt depending on if Mcfarlane plays margin could vary

i watched warrack play on the weekend against stawell and they look like they have somthing to prove this year. they will be a team to look out for this year mark my words.
they will beat nhill by 10+ goals this week im sure of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back