Wimmera League 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Purrfect Pussies

Premiership Player
Mar 28, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
New season. New thread.

Anyone to hazard a guess at ladder postions?

8 team competition?

Let's have a crack.

Stawell
Horsham
Nhill
Saints

Ararat
Eagles
Dimboola
Burras
United

Horsham
Nhill
Stawell
Eagles
Saints

Ararat
Burras
Dimboola
United

Are you guys sure nhill will finish that high. They have lost 5 quality players and only recruited 1. It would be good to see them win the flag though as there last was in 1981. Long time between drinks.

From what i have been told though there are a few little internal problems up the western highway.

How about filling in the gaps below:

Premiers?
Wooden Spooners?
League Medal?
Biggest Improver from 09?
Biggest Slider from 09?
Most expensive team?
Most under-rated player?
Most over-rated player?
Most over paid player?
Most loyal player in the league?
Toughest bloke in the league?
Biggest Sook in the league?

Should make for some interesting discussion...

Premiers - Eagles
Wooden Spooners - United
League Medal - Daniel Batson
Biggest improver - Stawell
Biggest slider - Saints
Most expensive team - Nhill
Most under-rated player - Todd George
Most over-rated player - Brent Tuckey
Most over-paid play - As above
Most loyal player - Demons list
Toughest bloke in the league - Farr
Biggest sook in the league - Kyle George

Premiers? Demons again...
Wooden Spooners? United if they make it.
League Medal? Aaron Barnett
Biggest Improver from 09? Stawell
Biggest Slider from 09? Eagles
Most expensive team? Nhill
Most under-rated player? Cheney
Most over-rated player? Heath Watson
Most over paid player? Ditto
Most loyal player in the league? David Johns could have taken huge coin over the years and stayd at demons for peanuts apparently.
Toughest bloke in the league? Farr
Biggest Sook in the league? The ranga from eagles, Peters i think!

Should make for some interesting discussion...
;);););)

Premiers? eagles
Wooden Spooners?united
League Medal?tucky
Biggest Improver from 09?stawel
Biggest Slider from 09?stmicks
Most expensive team? nhill
Most under-rated player? ben spicer
Most over-rated player? farr
Most over paid player? hargraves
Most loyal player in the league? ben williamson
Toughest bloke in the league? ben spicer
Biggest Sook in the league? joel g from demons

Haha ..
Are you kidding mate ..

Tuckey most overrated player in the League .
The man stills kicks bags on one leg with 3 players on him .

Don't be surprised if he kicks 100 + this year ..

saints biggest slider after pickin up watson ward and bird???...stiff not 2 play off last yr...should b up there again you would think!!!

FLAG-STAWELL 5 GOALS
WOODEN-UNITED/ARARAT
BIG IMPROV-SAINT MICKS
BIG SLIDERS-DEFINATELY WARRACK BY A MILE
MOST EXSPENSIVE TEAM-STAWELL
MOST UNDERATED PLAYER-AL BATCHELOR
MOST OVERATED NTTAWWT-TERRY ARNELL BY THE LENGTH OF THE STUART
MOST LOYAL PLAYER-DAVID JOHNS(great bloke and mate to have around the club)
TOUGHEST BLOKE-SCOTT BATCHELOR(horsham)
MOST RESPECTED-AL MCKINNON
MOST HATED-FARR

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You must be die hard Saints to say something like that. They were not stiff they didn’t make the grand final last year, they didn’t make the grand final last year because their gun recruit and their captain seriously assaulted two other players. The way the club has handled the Kelm situation is a disgrace. He came up behind that kid and king hit him. It is the lowest of the low who behave like that and shame on the club for supporting him and his actions. Why he is ever allowed to play football again is beyond me.
Actually follow HDFL but forget bout what kelm and butsch did...they still have one of the best lists in the WFL and should go close...and pretty sure the club wasnt happy with what kelm did...mayb ask broadbent and co about it...sure they are very disapointed with his actions!!

It would seem most pundits would have Brimackabeal having a big slid down the ladder in 2010. It will certainly be interesting to see how they go after sacking their coach. While many around the league think that Harvey might be hard to get along with few would argue that he got some fantastic results at the Eagles. In the end I guess the club decided that the success was not worth all the hard work that Lang put them through, or that they can get the same success without him. If it’s the later then there is massive pressure on the playing group and the club in general to at least match the outcomes of the last year.
It’s interesting to note that the undermining and perhaps the undoing of the relationship with Lang all started here on Big Footy. It was our very own Warrack Eagles that first put the knife into Lang claiming he would be sacked halfway through the season. From there Lang and the Brimackabeal officials were forced to deny the allegations made by Warrack Eagles.
Would be interested to hear what others think about the year ahead for Brimackabeal?
From what i hear coming out of the eagles camp is that if you looked at the cattle on the paddock in 07' in comparison to 08' a monkey could of coached the same team into the finals. Player morale was low playing under him and they believe they would of done better the last 2 seasons with a coach they wanted to play for. From what i hear coming out of Grovedale is that the leadership group have already gotten together with the board to try and get rid of Harvey Lang before the start of the season. So for him to have this sort of reputation following him he must be doing sumthing wrong.
I dont think the Eagles will be sliding too far at all, they are getting between 30 and 40 on the track, who are very keen to play under their new coach and prove a point to every1. They have retained nearly all of their list whilst adding a few big inclusions in tim bell, dan mcdonald and dickinson from port arlington, with a couple more to be announced in coming weeks.
I think they will go under the radar and could be there abouts come september

From what i hear coming out of the eagles camp is that if you looked at the cattle on the paddock in 07' in comparison to 08' a monkey could of coached the same team into the finals. Player morale was low playing under him and they believe they would of done better the last 2 seasons with a coach they wanted to play for. From what i hear coming out of Grovedale is that the leadership group have already gotten together with the board to try and get rid of Harvey Lang before the start of the season. So for him to have this sort of reputation following him he must be doing sumthing wrong.
I dont think the Eagles will be sliding too far at all, they are getting between 30 and 40 on the track, who are very keen to play under their new coach and prove a point to every1. They have retained nearly all of their list whilst adding a few big inclusions in tim bell, dan mcdonald and dickinson from port arlington, with a couple more to be announced in coming weeks.
I think they will go under the radar and could be there abouts come september

From what I heard Warrack Eagles wouldn't have played in the Grand Final last year if it wasn't for Harvey. In my opinion he is a professional coach & deserves a fair bit of credit for the Eagles year. I don't know where you got your mail about Harvey at Grovedale. By all reports they are wrapped with their coach & are excited about the season ahead mainly due to a massive pre season & plenty of fresh ideas. This reputation you talk of comes from peanuts like yourself who have probably never played a senior game of football in your life.:thumbsdown:

He is professional in terms of the learning he has put himself through, he is commonly regarded as a student of the game. Unforunately for him his coaching skills during a game are well and truly lagging behind his fitness coaching, and his personal skills with his players are far from up to scratch. These words that i have heard out of Grovedale are 100% backed and they are definatley not happy down there.
I have played plenty of senior footy in numerous states and have never come across a coach to have this kind of reputation anywhere. So there must be plenty of peanuts like myself still playing senior footy out there.

Premiers? Horsham
Wooden Spooners? United
League Medal? Shannon Argall
Biggest Improver from 09? Stawell
Biggest Slider from 09? United
Most expensive team? Stawell
Most under-rated player? H Lanyon
Most over-rated player? B Nelson
Most over paid player? Phil Butch
Most loyal player in the league? Tez Arnel
Toughest bloke in the league? Tez Arnel
Biggest Sook in the league? Tim Germano

speaking of tim germano i think he will have a great year was good last year after playing four quarters of under 17s every week,he is training well super fit might rotate through the midfield more this year

I guess what startled League watches was the way it all happened. Embarrassing for the club to have to answer questions about the tenure of their coach half way through the season?

Absolutely FP the eagles were a disgrace it all went about. Love him or hate him Harvey Lang is the reason they got close to horsham on gf day they were very well coached, planned to detail. The saints had twice as good a list as eagles but eagles were well better coached and disciplined.

Absolutely FP the eagles were a disgrace it all went about. Love him or hate him Harvey Lang is the reason they got close to horsham on gf day they were very well coached, planned to detail. The saints had twice as good a list as eagles but eagles were well better coached and disciplined.

This is a guy that on grand final day and throughout his tenure as coach of the eagles had no team plans, tactics or structures to be adhered to. No boundary throw-in plans no forward 50 plans no defensive plans and i could go on. I agree the whole situaion was very poorly handled and it should not of got to the stage it did, but unfortunately due to a young guy, who does not play for the eagles or even live in the town, making very stupid comments on this forum and the local reporter getting wind of it and blowing it way out of proportion, it did get to the stage it did. I dont want this to be seen as a real personal attack on harvey but when outsiders making comments thinking they know what is going on within another footy clubs walls, and bringing the eagles players down as a group, u need to start getting ur facts straight.
And as ive said before and FP just stated, this is not a common occurence, if ever, so i dont think u can put ur head in the sand and think that it was all the players fault. And if u do sum background work on lang he has also left other clubs in not so favouring terms.

Both Byrne boys had there clearances approved on the 7/3/10. Just to go with the other 20 that have been submitted from Digger players wanting out of the place. Very sad.

Just checked on on the site then, that was Jeremey who left with Nathan. Alistair is yet to have submitted a clearance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back