Games & Recreation Work Christmas Parties

Remove this Banner Ad

This is the only s**t that stops me giving 5 stars. I don't care about your views on life, your views on politics, your family, how miserable you are because you were an engineer back home. Just shut up and drive, and you'll get 5.

I reckon every Uber driver I get wants to talk cricket. I'll allow it

I reckon every Uber driver I get wants to talk cricket. I'll allow it

I don't take Ubers too often but take them to Adelaide Oval during summer semi-regularly and I had to stop putting that I was going there and instead put somewhere close because the drivers would chat Cricket to me and then use it as a gateway to get talking about their personal lives.

Took an Uber to the airport a couple of weeks back, bloke was a retired truckie and he was just unbearable, thought his own jokes were hilarious (they weren't) and just couldn't take a hint that I was not interested in a chat. Give me a sub-continental person talking on the phone over that any day.

As for work Xmas Parties, just depends on work colleagues. Work in a great team at the moment so the party was quite enjoyable but wouldn't think twice about not attending if I couldn't stand them.

To the gents on the board. Some advice at xmas parties..

Ask yourself.....Am I standing in front of a urinal?...if Yes, it is OK to have your penis out
Otherwise....No.

EXCEPTION: When asking if anyone has seen your elephant, upon the looks of confusion pull the pockets up and out of your trousers. They're your ears. Unzip and unlimber. That's your trunk. Make elephant noises.

Have another beer.

3 people called in sick today with covid like symptons.

Here we go!
Sure Jan GIF

LOL they're taking the piss

I was listening to a podcast yesterday who suggested that, as part of the Festivus airing of grievances, work Christmas parties should designate a corner with a boxing ring where you can sort out your grievances from the previous year with any colleagues.

Goddamn that's an excellent idea. It would've been enough to keep me in my last job if I could've towelled up my boss once a year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back