Games & Recreation Work Christmas Parties

Remove this Banner Ad

We have another one for immediate team tomorrow night after work. I've only been here 10 weeks so thankfully I've been skipped over when they organised it as I can't (don't want to) go.

Apparently there's something on Sunday too I've overheard. Who wants to see work people that often?! Odd
Some people are truly weird when it comes to their work colleagues.

Place I worked at had a bunch of people who became one big clique and I swear spent every weekend doing stuff, weekends at the beach etc. Became arseholes to others. It was like one big high school group. Absolutely cringeworthy.

On the way home from yet another work related Xmas party last week had an interesting chat to the Uber driver. Bloke appeared to be Pakistani (luckily he was ha ha) so asked him about the cricket, he didn't really follow the tests anymore, just the T20s.

Anyway he asked if I'd heard of Imran Khan and i said of course I ****ing have, isn't he in prison? So he started telling me how there's a lot of corruption there, hes in for bullshit charges etc etc. Felt I was getting into dangerous areas so I basically just listened, was interesting.

Then he started on about the Israel-Palestine thing where I really shut up ha ha, yeah he's a river to the sea guy. Anyway at this point I was hoping like hell I'd get home v quick! Good fella anyway

I banged the boss' son after an epic work break-up do, lost my job two days after we opened up (he made up some BS reason), three months later was re-hired on more coin as my now former old boss had drunk himself into a stupor and gambled away the petty cash.
I feel like this needs some more detail.

Are you a dude? What was the BS reason? Did you keep banging the son? What happened to the boss? You still at said company?

Im hooked

On the way home from yet another work related Xmas party last week had an interesting chat to the Uber driver. Bloke appeared to be Pakistani (luckily he was ha ha) so asked him about the cricket, he didn't really follow the tests anymore, just the T20s.

Anyway he asked if I'd heard of Imran Khan and i said of course I ******* have, isn't he in prison? So he started telling me how there's a lot of corruption there, hes in for bullshit charges etc etc. Felt I was getting into dangerous areas so I basically just listened, was interesting.

Then he started on about the Israel-Palestine thing where I really shut up ha ha, yeah he's a river to the sea guy. Anyway at this point I was hoping like hell I'd get home v quick! Good fella anyway

This is the only shit that stops me giving 5 stars. I don't care about your views on life, your views on politics, your family, how miserable you are because you were an engineer back home. Just shut up and drive, and you'll get 5.

This is the only s**t that stops me giving 5 stars. I don't care about your views on life, your views on politics, your family, how miserable you are because you were an engineer back home. Just shut up and drive, and you'll get 5.
I very rarely get ubers or taxis but I feel exactly the same way about hairdressers. Just shut up and cut my hair.

conversations kill
I've done two Harley Davidson tours, one in Melbourne one in Sydney. Both the bellends absolutely ruined my experience by yelling at me the entire way having a conversation. Like I get it, you're trying to be nice but stfu and let me enjoy this. Of course I didn't.

Ive had some pretty interesting conversations with uber drivers. Guy from Afghanistan and 1 from Nepal had a good chat with plus it was a pretty lengthy trip so passed time well

Did get political so as Inter said, best to just listen but i found it interesting. Trick for them is to take a hint rather than just never talk

Way ruder when they're talking on their phone the whole trip. That's the go to now

This is the only s**t that stops me giving 5 stars. I don't care about your views on life, your views on politics, your family, how miserable you are because you were an engineer back home. Just shut up and drive, and you'll get 5.
On the Uber home from my Christmas party, the driver asked if he could make a call. I'm like 'knock yourself out'. He's happy, I can drunkenly scroll through my phone. Win-win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like this needs some more detail.

Are you a dude? What was the BS reason? Did you keep banging the son? What happened to the boss? You still at said company?

Im hooked

Yep.

Cost cutting, he claimed that his budget had been reduced so he had to let someone go. I was blindsided, I couldn't spill the beans because his son occasionally helped out at the office (how we met) and wasn't out to anyone. When I went to HR, I got the run around and they all thought he (boss) was king dick so I gave up.

Yep, for the next six months including twice at their house lol (one time in the ole boss' bed - he was away obviously.)

Turns out they had internal audits running unbeknown to us at the time, he had been swiping cash left and right to fund a gambling habit. He was given the option to leave and pay back the cash or face the judicial system, he chose the former. Two weeks after he was shown the door, I was rehired and found all of this out over the next few months.

No, I left about two years after all this went down - it had been a highly toxic work environment (in out department under said boss) and it actually improved greatly once he was gone however they eventually relocated HQ to Sydney and I didn't want to live there.

Ive had some pretty interesting conversations with uber drivers. Guy from Afghanistan and 1 from Nepal had a good chat with plus it was a pretty lengthy trip so passed time well

Did get political so as Inter said, best to just listen but i found it interesting. Trick for them is to take a hint rather than just never talk

Way ruder when they're talking on their phone the whole trip. That's the go to now

I had an indigenous driver years ago who said he'd just been told by an Indian Uber driver to "go back to his own country" which is remarkable!

Yep.

Cost cutting, he claimed that his budget had been reduced so he had to let someone go. I was blindsided, I couldn't spill the beans because his son occasionally helped out at the office (how we met) and wasn't out to anyone. When I went to HR, I got the run around and they all thought he (boss) was king dick so I gave up.

Yep, for the next six months including twice at their house lol (one time in the ole boss' bed - he was away obviously.)

Turns out they had internal audits running unbeknown to us at the time, he had been swiping cash left and right to fund a gambling habit. He was given the option to leave and pay back the cash or face the judicial system, he chose the former. Two weeks after he was shown the door, I was rehired and found all of this out over the next few months.

No, I left about two years after all this went down - it had been a highly toxic work environment (in out department under said boss) and it actually improved greatly once he was gone however they eventually relocated HQ to Sydney and I didn't want to live there.
Absolutely elite, well played.

I had an indigenous driver years ago who said he'd just been told by an Indian Uber driver to "go back to his own country" which is remarkable!
There was an ALeague player during the Adam Goodes booing saga who tweeted "if he doesnt like it deport him" or something to that affect. Hilariously dumb

Never ending bar tabs with endless free cocktails and food.

Gift vouchers to amounts in the multi hundred in my last two workplaces as gifts.

The joys of working for small businesses with bosses who treat their employees as human beings.

If your working for a big business I understand your disheartenment.
That last line...ditto if you work in low level public service. Its bring a plate for your work xmas party and thats about it.

Agree with you about being in a small business. My old man was a business owner who did pretty well. Remember one year he shouted his employees and their families to a scenic tour in a helicopter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back