World Cup 2014 ticketing advice

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 16, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Denver, MVFC
I'm planning on going to my first WC in 2014 and I'm interested in any advice that anyone who's been before can give me regarding tickets. Are there ticket deals where you can actually get a ticket to the final?

My plan is to go to all Socceroos games (if we qualify) and maybe some other group games. If I can get to some knockout games I will - that's where I need ticket advice...

Thanks!

I've been lucky enough to have been in 06 and 10 *head expands*.

Going through FIFA you can get:
T3-3 Group games for your team
T4-3 group games and Round of 16 if your team makes it that far. If not you get tickets to see one of the other teams in your group i.e. Ghana V USA in 2010 seeing as Australia were knocked out.
T5-3 group games, Round of 16 and Q Final (again, you get tickets for another game if your team isn't there)
T6-3 group games, R 16, QF, SF
T7 tickets-3 group games, R 16, QF, SF, FINAL

I scored T6 tickets in Germany so saw all 4 Australian games and then got a ticket for Italy V Ukraine (sold them and went to Prague instead) and the Semi between Italy and Germany. In 2010 I went through the fanatics to guarantee tickets and safety along with tickets to 3 other games in Durban. If you can stand the Fanatics shit and being surrounded by other Aussies along with having to be part of organised tour then do that.

If you want to be independent and do your own travel and meet people from other countries and not be bussed around like a child by tour guides then go for FIFA Tickets but demand will be like Germany so it's a big risk to do that rather than go through a tour group. T6 and T7 tickets are obviously harder to get than ones just for group games etc. As far as getting tickets to non-Australian games though I wouldn't know.It was piss easy to get tickets for any games in South Africa.

Check this out. There's a FAQ on there.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/index.html

I'm trying for FIFA tickets in 2014, organised tours are stifling and hate being surrounded by OI OI OI Aussies when OS. Then again Australia could fail to qualify and this is all irrelevant.

Had a mate that entered a ballot for the 2010 Final simply because he was going to be in the country at the time.
Lucky bastard had his name picked so for $400US he got a ticket (I'm 0-4 in GF ballots)

I'm planning on being in Brazil during the world cup for about a week or so as part of a Round the World trip.
Regardless of whether the Socceroos qualify or where they play, I'm going to head to Manaus.
3 group games are going to be played there and being right in the heart of the Amazon, I can head off on a tour between games.
Not overly fussed if I get to any games, would be a nice bonus but being in the country at the time will be amazing enough

I've been lucky enough to have been in 06 and 10 *head expands*.

Going through FIFA you can get:
T3-3 Group games for your team
T4-3 group games and Round of 16 if your team makes it that far. If not you get tickets to see one of the other teams in your group i.e. Ghana V USA in 2010 seeing as Australia were knocked out.
T5-3 group games, Round of 16 and Q Final (again, you get tickets for another game if your team isn't there)
T6-3 group games, R 16, QF, SF
T7 tickets-3 group games, R 16, QF, SF, FINAL

I scored T6 tickets in Germany so saw all 4 Australian games and then got a ticket for Italy V Ukraine (sold them and went to Prague instead) and the Semi between Italy and Germany. In 2010 I went through the fanatics to guarantee tickets and safety along with tickets to 3 other games in Durban. If you can stand the Fanatics shit and being surrounded by other Aussies along with having to be part of organised tour then do that.

If you want to be independent and do your own travel and meet people from other countries and not be bussed around like a child by tour guides then go for FIFA Tickets but demand will be like Germany so it's a big risk to do that rather than go through a tour group. T6 and T7 tickets are obviously harder to get than ones just for group games etc. As far as getting tickets to non-Australian games though I wouldn't know.It was piss easy to get tickets for any games in South Africa.

Check this out. There's a FAQ on there.
http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/organisation/ticketing/index.html

I'm trying for FIFA tickets in 2014, organised tours are stifling and hate being surrounded by OI OI OI Aussies when OS. Then again Australia could fail to qualify and this is all irrelevant.

Thanks - great info and we're on the same wavelength!

Aussie games shouldn't be too hard, I've tried to get tickets to England games every cup since 1990 and haven't got lucky yet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back