World Cup World Cup Profiles- Italy

Remove this Banner Ad

Italy, like Germany, when a tournament comes along they are very hard to beat.
Should top their group, then it's a lottery.

I think prandelli is better than his club record would suggest. .. italy can make the semis I believe. .. lots of promise in this squad and it will be a fusion of old heads and young kids

Says he won't take Toni or Totti barring an emergency.... third highest scorer in Serie A and the player coming second in assists.

Those two should not be anywhere near the squad, regardless of their performances. If Rossi, Immobile, Balotelli, Destro or Paloschi can't do the job, then Totti or Toni won't either.

Rossi and Cassano having fitness tests.
Hopefully they are ok.

Oh please not Montolivo again...
Only ever seen him play 1 good game for the Nazionale, the friendly against spain.
Play Giovinco as a midfielder, or behind the strikers.
You don't rate Montolivo's performance against Germany in the Euro semi final?! o_O
He is a lightweight and not particularly hard-working, but can play a killer pass and his positioning is generally outstanding. He will make the squad, and deservedly so.
Giovinco and Cassano, should not be in the squad. Giovinco is so inconsistent and has never fired for Italy while Cassano is fat.

Gio cant get game time for juve unless somone is rested or injured whilst monty has grown a set at milan this year if anything insigne goes over gio

(Log in to remove this ad.)

red alert ialy have no more x factor players years of corruption and cheating has finally caught up with them hence why the seria a doesn't have the same strong clubs it use to in the UCL.

I see your a AC fan Raymond i myself am a Inter fan ...just my opinion its risky to tip against the Italians i know but Uruguay are on home continent England are better then you fellas this time around. I rekon you know my comment was spot on Ray years of cheating mafia involvement in the game in italy has taken its toll....

I tend to agree, the state of the Serie A isn't necessarily reflective of the strength of the national team. The Eredvisie is a relatively weak league, but that hasn't detracted from quality players being produced for the Dutch national team. In any case Italy's still got some pretty decent players, they'll do alright but it probably won't be enough to challenge the big guns.

Italy are the toughest team in the group for us. Not for the first time I wish we had a braver manager than Hodgson.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

------------Buffon
Abate Bonucci Barzagli De Sciglio
-------------Pirlo
--------Montolivo Motta
-----------Candreva
--------Destro Balotelli

Sirigu Chiellini Paletta De Rossi Marchisio Verratti Immobile Rossi

Not bad.

I see your a AC fan Raymond i myself am a Inter fan ...just my opinion its risky to tip against the Italians i know but Uruguay are on home continent England are better then you fellas this time around. I rekon you know my comment was spot on Ray years of cheating mafia involvement in the game in italy has taken its toll....
It's taken its toll on the league, not on the talent we produce. For all the problems in the league, we still have a much stronger midfielder than England and more depth in defense compared to Uruguay.

Another factor that you seem to miss is that tactically, Italy are a class apart in comparison to teams like Uruguay and England. I think Uruguay will win the group, they have the best players... but Italians know how to keep play the game better. We produce the best managers of any country and Prandelli is one our best.

It's taken its toll on the league, not on the talent we produce. For all the problems in the league, we still have a much stronger midfielder than England and more depth in defense compared to Uruguay.

Another factor that you seem to miss is that tactically, Italy are a class apart in comparison to teams like Uruguay and England. I think Uruguay will win the group, they have the best players... but Italians know how to keep play the game better. We produce the best managers of any country and Prandelli is one our best.
The Scots say hello.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back