Worst memories from past off-seasons?

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cary thing easily.
After years of idolisning him, I felt ashamed of him. In the blink of an eye our era was over and our clubs greatest ever player was leaving in disgrace. Gutted
After decades of following North that would have to be up there. Not because of what he did, it happens every day, but the impact it could've had. And the club, along with Stevens who had been through a disaster anyway, just got on with the job. It ended up being a typical North thing that is to be commended.

We gave up 2 first rounders for McConnell? That's some revisionist bullshit.

And Judy Francis dieing from cancer beats everything mentioned.
Especially after the way she looked after the players in that time. Nowadays it's just expected. It must be gruelling getting drafted, but they have a nice easy life afterwards.

The Carey thing actually showed what the club was made of.

Compare and contrast with the mob up the road when their golden boy stuffed up.

After decades of following North that would have to be up there. Not because of what he did, it happens every day, but the impact it could've had. And the club, along with Stevens who had been through a disaster anyway, just got on with the job. It ended up being a typical North thing that is to be commended.
The day he left North, I came to school in tears (probably in year 9 or 10) and everyone thought I'd had a death in the family or something so people wrote me cards and teachers excused me from stuff. It got to the end of the day and I finally explained what happened. Got a few :stern looks after that.

The day he left North, I came to school in tears (probably in year 9 or 10) and everyone thought I'd had a death in the family or something so people wrote me cards and teachers excused me from stuff. It got to the end of the day and I finally explained what happened. Got a few :stern looks after that.

I would have cried every day going to school where you did.

I would have cried every day going to school where you did.
All girls school? I think you would have found some positives in the situation, surely.

All girls school? I think you would have found some positives in the situation, surely.

Not that one. But then where I went, we had a biased view of "your kind".

Manlier than me. I didn't even go to school or footy training. Knew I'd get hounded by west coast supporters all day

Manlier than me. I didn't even go to school or footy training. Knew I'd get hounded by west coast supporters all day

My best mate is a Richmond supporter so he tried to give me a s**t about it and then I just said that I'd seen my team win two flags in the last five years and he shut up.

Not that one. But then where I went, we had a biased view of "your kind".

Ooh. I know what you mean. You called us MacDogs didn't you. I'd love to say you're wrong and all of us from that school are devastatingly sexy but...yeah nah.

My best mate is a Richmond supporter so he tried to give me a s**t about it and then I just said that I'd seen my team win two flags in the last five years and he shut up.
The 90s were good to us. It meant we could shut down a whole host of supporters in quick fashion. I just copped the lame school jokes of "I thought Carey was a Fairy" and "looks like he's no longer Wayne-king"

Unfortunately the west coke saga didn't happen during school days. If it did I'd have probably been shanked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will always remember all the other supporters telling me I told you he was a campaigner.

Ooh. I know what you mean. You called us MacDogs didn't you. I'd love to say you're wrong and all of us from that school are devastatingly sexy but...yeah nah.

Yeah, my lot weren't all Adonises either.

The 90s were good to us. It meant we could shut down a whole host of supporters in quick fashion. I just copped the lame school jokes of "I thought Carey was a Fairy" and "looks like he's no longer Wayne-king"

Unfortunately the west coke saga didn't happen during school days. If it did I'd have probably been shanked.

Yeah, if I were at school during this Essendon stuff I would almost certainly have been stabbed to death on the Broady train, or the 59 tram.

Yeah, if I were at school during this Essendon stuff I would almost certainly have been stabbed to death on the Broady train, or the 59 tram.
If I was shanked I have no doubt I would lead the authorities to the perpetrator
allison dead.jpg
allison dead 2.jpg

"Brett33 died pointing to W and S. Which leads us to believe a West Coast Shithead was responsible for his murder"

To be fair, the Carey story and Jisse's mussheps pale into insignificance when stood alongside Ed Lower's de-listing.

Probably hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet as it's still a little too painful for people to talk about. It's okay, I get that.

To be fair, the Carey story and Jisse's mussheps pale into insignificance when stood alongside Ed Lower's de-listing.

Probably hasn't been mentioned in this thread yet as it's still a little too painful for people to talk about. It's okay, I get that.
Thanks a lot, TOD. I cry every time. Back to Ed Lower related grief therapy for me.

There was the off season when Carlton tried to buy us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back